Mercs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Millianna, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Coronay Augur

Millianna, this threads about to turn on you, are you gonna start crying to the mods to get them to close it?
  2. Ninelder Augur

The problem is its tank merc, when its hps go from 100pct to 0 in .0000000001 seconds what is anything including a healer merc supposed to do?
  3. Bigstomp Augur

You have 3 healers. 1 competent healer can keep a group geared ranger up tanking pretty much anything in the group game.
    At least one of those 3 healers is a live healer, because you cannot have 4 mercs in a group.

So the problem lies with your healers.
  4. Millianna Augur

Another troll post. This has nothing to do with the topic.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You:
    1. complained about the hassle of currently having to "micromanage" mercs (I can't speak for tank mercs, but wiz/clr mercs are *very* simple to use and require virtually no management whatsoever)
    2. asked for more direct merc controls (which you would, you know, have to actually "manage" to use, thus increasing the amount of what you complained about in #1)

These two things don't exactly see eye to eye. Unless you meant that the new "controls" should be on autopilot and not require player input?

And no wasn't trolling, genuinely want to know when you are main swapping again. These kinds of threads having an SK avatar on them from the OP is sad panda :(.
  6. Minato Augur

When im being lazy my healer merc off tanks for me... gearless..... #Dealwitit

Edit: block the promised line and HoT lines on your characters
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Aghinem Augur

Don't feel bad; you just got rocked by two of the OPs 12 personalities. Stay tuned for more.
    Belexes likes this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I didn't say I didn't know why. I said it was stupid.

Having to rez, rebuff, and get back to where you were is the penalty. Having to wait an extra 5 minutes to do that is just silly.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  9. smash Augur

Do not be greedy. If it was a real cleric you would have to wait longer than 5 min. As the cleric would have to get back to zone. So 5 min is more than fair
  10. Millianna Augur

Someone either cannot read, or is purposely leaving out part of my post.
  11. Karanthal Augur

I generally play box 3 chars with 3 mercs ( 2wiz 1 healer). I dont often have much need to micro manage them. The only real issue I had was with the Lark #3 Heroic mission, killing shiriks guardian.

Trying to shift 2 wizards in and out of passive mode so they wouldnt nuke and cause the AE retaliation, while doing enough DPS during the weakened stage required more hands than I have available.
  12. Millianna Augur

Please see my post just above. He is a troll.
  13. Ninelder Augur

Yes I have healed for ranger tanks and monk tanks pet tanks even wizard tanks. All much more successfully than the horribad tank merc. I have had the merc do its auto-die and the chanter pet save the group(cause thats how much better of a tank it is.) I know shaman than use their pets to tank instead of the worthless tank merc. All real pet classes use their pets to tank alongside an OP healer merc. All these things point to the very very very obvious problem. You melee and tank classes need not opine, you aren't using them, you do not know just how horrible they are.
  14. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Merc tanks are awesome. I have beat all of current T1 Partisan & Mercenary tasks, AND Chardok (T2) Part/Merc tasks with nothing but a tank merc and two healer mercs (monk, druid, wizzy toons). If you are having a problem with current mercs, you are doing something wrong.

Videos here!

Merc tanks are beast right now.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Healers I know have done pretty much all of EoK progression using tank mercs. According to them it wasn't hard. But then they're good healers.
  16. Millianna Augur

The ability to tank is dependent on group DPS. The more you have the easier it is. Any heroic character, can tank 105 trash mobs with proper group support.

I am not arguing for any merc buffs (none are needed at this time), I am arguing for more efficient control over them and the removal of spells/abilities that are not functional by today's standards. The controls should be somewhat similar to pets. I should have the ability (without micro management of stances and assist keys/xtarget) to determine what should be attacked and when. It is silly that it is not that way all ready.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I feel like you're asking to be able to shower without getting wet. Maybe if you gave some specific examples of what you would like to see changed? Right now, it sounds like you believe the mercs are too dumb because they give you too much control. Which ends up sounding like you don't know how to work them, and want them to do more without your help (more automated)?
    Sheex likes this.
  18. Nylrem Augur

Milli, I don't use a tank merc, but it sounds to me like they suffer from the exact same issues pets have. Attempting to tank more than 1 mob = very bad news. Damage spikes are too wild, and if 2 mobs get in max damage in the same round, pet (tank merc as well?) goes poof.

If that's the case, what I'd argue for is smarter tank mercs, that utilize their discs better, preferably when higher than average hits (named) and double or more hits per second (multiple mobs) happen.
  19. Aghinem Augur

I read everything. He did in fact, in earnest, try to answer your question. Perhaps unintentionally, your remarks are that of someone who wants to have their cake and eat it too. It really didn't make much sense. You were in fact stating you wanted more control over mercs, and in the same breath stated you didn't want to micromanage. Well, which is it?

If you want people to take you with any seriousness, you can't just label someone a troll because you don't agree with what they say. That is 'safe space' / 'trigger point' / 'snowflake' type garbage.
    Belexes, Sheex and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. skattabrainz Augur

I only notice a problem when the tank merc lets things get behind him (where a real tank would keep mobs to their front). Maybe just a simple change in the tank merc algo to have him take a couple steps (likely backward) then turn to face as many mobs as possible.