Mercs stop healing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Natal, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Natal Augur

I had a bug experience in the GD mission last night that was common early in the ToV expansion, namely mercs stopping healing. Everthing was fine until the last giant split, then the mercs (I have three healer mercs running at that point) did not heal my warrior, or at the very least were very reluctant to do so. It killed me on the first split, on later splits I spammed heals with my shaman to avoid dieing again (mercs were not healing at all in at least one of the remaining two splits). Once the boss reformed it was ok again.

Was something changed with the merc AI with the release of CoV?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mercs stop healing due to geometry-related issues, if you drag the mob away far enough that the mercs change location that will usually fix it, corners are especially bad.

Safest spot to fight with a merc is on absolutely flat ground in open space.

Has been like this since Mercs were introduced but not everyone spots the pattern or uses them enough to see it.

Similar inactivity thing can happen with all the mercs, same solution works for all.

Other thing worth knowing is if a swarm pet is on the mob mercs ignore the mob & any damage it does. has to be a player or player pet on top of aggro list.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Conq Augur

Merc's are the Devil.