Mercs castrated not improved with current patch.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Hellboy007 Augur

So cleric mercs are not nearly as good taking hits now.

converted the gear i had and now they much weaker and die much faster than they used to. I also suspended them and re summon them.

are we suppose to upgrade all AA and get new gear to even be at the same level as before this patch?

Sadly, i was expecting some good improvements, not taking steps backwards.
  2. Millianna Augur

They don't heal as well either. My SK parsers better at heal then the merc.
  3. segap Augur

Mine was healing fine last night. Though I didn't bother with "healer" gear and just used tank gear as I always have. Never noticed any benefit from the heal mod but the AC has always helped if they get aggro.
  4. Thrillho Augur

I've heard mixed reviews on the mercs. Some people are saying their casters have been quartered, or their healers are useless. Personally, I've seen an improvement. Unfortunately I don't have any logs to back me up, but I've noticed my healer merc with converted CotF gear can tank a red con for a little while. And he seems to be able to keep me alive for a while if I'm fighting 2-3 red cons.
  5. Chaosflux Augur

Unless they fixed it merc heals don't attribute well on parsers.

Compare [total damage - reported healing] the remainder is the mercs healing (ballpark)
  6. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

What do merc heal parses on tanks look like before the patch vs now?
  7. Reht The Dude abides...

Mine seemed fine last and tank merc seemed a lot better.
  8. Millianna Augur

I will look at the parse again - but still seems like she's ot healing as good. We are talking two mobs or less and has nothing to do with SK nerf. Maybe it's just me... I converted my gear.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not sure if mercs stay up after a patch or not but might be worth summoning, suspending then summoning merc again and see if that affects anything. Sort of a merc reset. Haven't tried mercs since patch myself.
  10. Millianna Augur

The merc was re summed after gear update.
  11. Millianna Augur

My guess is the initial merc gear is worse than the old version.
  12. Gundolin Augur

Is anyone able to get any use out of a tank merc yet?