Mercenary Vendor Armor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Anuulified, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Anuulified Elder

Noticed a motify button on Merc Armor, what is it for? Also some of the Merc Vendor Armor looks kind of lowish on stats (like only mana regen or hps regen), are we supposed to combine them to add effects to what we currently have and if so how?
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

Where is the Merc armor vendor anyway? I'll check it out.

-Rat
  3. Sebbina Augur

The armor starts as level 5 or some such, and as luck would have it you are say level 87, so you really want your merc to have a bonus more appropriate. By clicking the modify button, the armor improves by 5 levels of stat, so you would want to click through to level 85 for your merc, and when you hit 90, you would want to click it up one more notch.
  4. Sebbina Augur

Seller is in Tainted West Karana.
  5. Kayandra New Member

HP Regen 2
    Req lv 100
    I don't get it
    Kogmaw likes this.
  6. Bukar New Member

Kayandra see see the post from Sebbina. You need to level up the armor to see stat improvements. At 100 mine is like 800ish in HP, Mana etc.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

Why - oh WHY does it not just update itself to "follow the Merc"?
    I mean WE already have gear that's level (or faction) sensitive - how hard can it be?
    Having to click each piece over and over is just tedious - and really silly.

-Rat
    Sinestra likes this.
  8. Sinestra Augur

Being tedious goes with the entire Everquest experience. It's how the devs like it.
  9. Chandrok Augur

There is some misinformation here. The mercenary armor players are referring to 'leveling up' is the Vestments of the Forsaken pre-order reward. The items on the mercenary merchant are level 100 and the stats are as you see them.

Keep in mind that these items are not meant to grossly inflate the power of your mercenaries, but to provide a small boost above what they are currently capable of.
  10. Bukar New Member

Chandrok I'd love to believe that statement but as of last night the mercs are all under powered as compared to the mercs prior to the expansion. Is it too late to just give us back the old mercs and say hey it was an experiment and it failed for now.
  11. Feradach Augur

The caster DPS merc was definitely bugged, but that was acknowledged and is being fixed right now. The other three seem to be the same as they always were.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

According to the Dev's - the only Merc change was the unfortunate Wizzie Merc bug.
    And that's being fixed.
    Based on their statements, it safe to assume that any other "Merc changes" are also bugs, because they made it clear that they were not touched.
    So.... It would follow that if one can substantiate, quantify, and explain any other "strange behavior" in the Mercs - that this would also be a bug - and therefore addressable. But you have to give them enough clues and facts to go on to find a bug - if one exists.

-Rat
    Mykaylla likes this.
  13. Atlans Lorekeeper

Sebbina,
    Thank you very much for the useful information! I would never have known, except for reading this post, that I was supposed to click on the "modify" button on the Vestments of the Forsaken chest item continuously until it was fully evolved. How in the world did you know? You think they could have added a Lore tab or something with an explanation. Anyways, thanks again.
  14. Falos Augur

I do not know exactly the full extent as to how merc gear works (like compared to how stats impact players) I suspect merc gear works like pet gear though stat wise and if that's the case This AC gear is gonna be so crazzzzzzyyy good on mercs even if the numbers look small.

Too soon to tell but i see some potential for some massive defensive boosts to mercs with a full set of ac gear. *fingers crossed*
  15. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

So there's no mercenary armor besides the preorder /claim item that's useable before level 100?

My highest chars are 75. I bought the expansion for 5 accounts, particularly for the merc gear, merc AA and new AA since I assumed it would probably be a while before I would be at the level for new zones. Why did I do that, exactly? No merc gear that I can use, the merc AA levels at a snails pace and has level limits, and the only AA for my chars I can see is an Identify one. Brilliant.
  16. Ratbo Peep Augur

This just can't be right..... tell me we're missing something?
    Please?

-W
  17. Nightops Augur

Expansions by design are there so the game can move forward and not there so players can skip several previous expansions.

I mean really.. what did RoF give people below lvl 90? What did VoA give to those below 85? What did HoT gives to those below lvl 80?

However, since this expansion has been designed with currency and the first time for merc gear. SoE sould have put in some type of scaled difficulty or another set of tasks with lower merc gear in the Ethernere. Usually they do put in more then one type of currency or scale difficulty based on task player lvl spread when they do currency expansions.

Dont feel like your missing out on anything special with the merc gear or even AA. With only 4 slots (and you do get one BP from the claim per account) the mercs will not be able to increase their ability all that much. The stats on the BP at your lvl will look weak, but if you look at the stats from the merc gear from currency for lvl 100 players, you wont be jealous anymore.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Fenthen aka Rath

Needing to run 7-9 HAs for a "small boost" is sort of terrible, but whatever. =/
    I feel bad for groupers that need those coin to buy gear and spells. I'm completely skipping r2 spells this expansion/extension as Clerics had nothing at all usable until higher ranks of Aura of Divinity.
    CaptAmazing likes this.
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

Ummm...... Totally backwards logic here.
    Players would be more likely to want to blow past (ie skip) previous content - just to get to the only place they can get any new merc gear at all. (the rats will run for the new cheese every time)

Conversely, if some level appropriate Merc gear were rolled into previous expansions for sale on vendors (and only buyable by the currency of that expansion) - yet (of course) still only usable by peeps that bought the new expansion, then you'd have a mix that would not encourage people to blow by previous expansions.
    In fact, it would encourage them to have to play out some older content to get the currency. (a perfect mix)

Merc gear is not new content its a new paid feature - that should have some immediate level appropriate benifits for anyone that bought the new expansion.

If you can only get this stuff at level 100, then you've missed a great oppertunity to get people into the older expansions via Merc gear for thier level.

-W
    Doigh and Toquillaw like this.
  20. Vlerg Augur

mercenary gear at the moment is soo weak it hardly worth stressing over.

818 hp at lvl 100? when mob quad for over 12k a pop? ya... meh. won't make a difference.

haven't been able to test the merc AA yet, as you need 5 level in spell resistance before being able to buy Healing acumen... but my hopes aren't too high either.
    Bauer and Bukar like this.