mercenary vanishes after zoning to the Guild Lobby

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by moogs, Dec 18, 2012.

1. moogs Augur

When zoning into the Guild Lobby, my mercenary vanishes. In the Group window, it appears as though the mercenary is in a different zone, e.g. the name is white (online) but the health bar is a dark red (not in the current zone). The mercenary stances disappear (the UI window is blank).

To fix this, I need to zone out and back, or Suspend and then wait 5 minutes to Un-suspend. Or I can camp out and come back.

This usually happens to a specific character, my enchanter. It occurs more than 90% of the time. I have tried to Dismiss the mercenary and hire a new one (different race) with no luck.

Does this happen often? Is there something in one of my character's .INI files that I can change to fix this? I don't quite understand why it happens to one, and not to all. Each of my characters uses the same UI.
  2. Hahlfwit Augur

Wow, that would be awesome if all mercs, pets and familiars disappeared when zoning into the guild lobby. Sure, it would be a pita when you need your merc to rez when all the pc clerics are afk in front of the magus, but imagine the lag relief :)
  3. Conjurous_AB Elder

I have same problem and it always happens with my enchanter also, i've swapped mercs often and its always my chanter, she appears in lobby and merc is in grp but nothing in window, like its dead but its not, if i zone sometimes it appears, or i press suspend and then zone and merc reappears alive again in next zone.
  4. Tweelis Augur

Slightly related.
    Whenever I put my mercenary on passive then zone it automatically switches to balanced. Is this intentional? If so is there a way to make it only switch stances when I tell it to switch?
  5. yaddab Augur

Yes, it has been happening to me at least since the introduction of House of Thule. Mostly it is just the Lobby or the Guild Hall but in can happen in combat zones - notably Feerrott the Dream, which is how I remember when it started for me.

[IMG]

Edit: that from a screen shot taken on 5 Dec 2010, so, yup it is something that started with HoT
    moogs likes this.
  6. Diptera Augur

Has been happening to me for ages - as mentioned above, the workaround appears to be to zone out and back again, and the merc usually reappears.

Also see it sometimes when gating back to PoK.

Another oddity - when I zone in and get the missing merc problem, I can click "suspend", and the merc does indeed suspend (in that the merc window appears as it does with a suspended merc)... and then when I zone again, the merc reappears, even though it 'should' still be suspended at this point.
  7. moogs Augur

yaddab, thanks for the screenshots. The one in the middle is exactly it.
  8. moogs Augur

Are we any closer to finding out the reason why this happens, if not the fix itself?
  9. TSR-AlexS Augur

Moogs have you submitted a support ticket to our GM's? They should be able to find the best way to handle this.
  10. Anuulified Elder

Not only does this happen to my account, and i have to either zone again or relog. But if I lock my spell bar and log off, it "repostitions" itself in a different spot the next time I log on. I 3 box, the two that are on 1 computer, 1 works just fine, the other does this and the spell bar thing. Oh, and when I was in the middle of "buying" upgrades to my Merc slots, THIS happened. If you would have checked your Tab to switch mercs, it would show you with only 1 slot, dont let it happen to you, wasted SC because of this. Got distracted when buying them, zoned and was like, oh yea, forgot to get this guys, bam, he has more than I wanted now.
  11. Tunare's Servant New Member

YES. This happens to me all the time now, always on the same character. When I zone the merc disappears and the Total Slots says 1 of 6, even though I have 3 mercs and they are all listed on the second tab. Maybe this is a bug having to do with the Silver Account detection or something? It's acting like I shouldn't be able to use more than 1 merc, and also not use my J5 mercs. It's usually fixed by zoning, but sometimes I have to to do it two or three times. It's driving me nuts!