Mercenary Hire Issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Equable, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Equable New Member

Hello:

I completed the "No Heroism Without Fear" on several accounts/characters. My issue is now that on two of my characters, I can only seem to hire "Apprentice" and "Journeyman" mercs without any tier differentiation. Also the only ones available to me are now DPS.

I have submitted /bug reports on both characters days ago without response or resolution. Any ideas?
  2. Equable New Member

To add to this I made level one toons on the same accounts and they were able to hire mercenaries as usual, so that eliminates my client.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What mercs are you trying to hire, some NPCs only offer certain Types, I think Vah Shir don't offer caster DPS mercs, cant think of the others atm.
  4. Equable New Member

5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Hayda is one of the special merc vendors and only shows the scrolls you have turned into them, try one of the race vendors dotted around POK and see what they offer. All of those in the where Hadda is offer limited mercs, I think there is 3 or 4 of them.
  6. Equable New Member

Yes I am aware of this, I had her contract as a /claim. The menu is like that for every liaison.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Your window should look like the one below, you seem to be missing the selection part, if your not already try changing to the default UI. The char below a Free to play, but it shows even with that what you could have.

[IMG]
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Your link is fine but it would help if you could link a regular merc vendor ?
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Your merc window looks like the internal separator bars are scrolled wrong. Look at your screenshot, and then look at Yinla's. Yours has 3 bars under the type selector dropdown, Yinla's has 2, and then another two farther down. Try to grab the bottom of the 3 bars and drag it down. That should reveal the tier selector and merc type options.
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

OMG I think he has it!! And this is such an irritating problem that also happens in other windows it funny no one else thought of it yet

Good catch Niskin!
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I hope that was it, maybe he will come back and let us know. Until then I am just probably awesome, not confirmed awesome. ;)
    Grove, Nennius and Skuz like this.
  12. Equable New Member

Niskin: You're Winner! (bad game meme reference). Thanks for straightening that up for me. I am recently returning from a ten year hiatus, so I wasn't exactly familiar with how the window should have looked.

Oh who am I kidding, I am an idiot.

Thanks for your help, everyone. Game on! Well, at least when the servers are back up.
    Niskin and Yinla like this.
  13. Equable New Member

By the way, gotta love the 550k twincast my Bard did. MAN I love the fact that Bards are now the bad mofos they were born to be. I have played them since 2000.
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Humility discarded, I am a God. Worship me now! ;)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Ok last one, I promise, couldn't resist!

16. Equable Dischord New Member

Houston, the ego has landed.
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

No worries, I will do something stupid soon enough and deflate myself back to regular mortal status.