Merc Nurf?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Numiko, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilura Augur

No, i've said for years that no one who makes this game plays it or we wouldn't get any of the dumb things that have been in expansions, grouping and raid. SOE and now DBG have never eaten their own dogfood.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  2. Viper1 Augur

If my 8+ hour a day job was making EQ, the last thing I'd want to do with my free time when I got home would be to play more EQ.
  3. sojero One hit wonder

Part of that 8 hrs a day should be playing so that you know what you are affecting.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I imagine somebody there is playing the game. But it is impossible to know everything unless they devote the gobs of time we do to the game. Plus, I think they have a vision for each character that is not clearly shared.
    Agrippa likes this.
  5. Gundolin Augur

Kyle do you mind if I ask what class you are? Cause really I am not having that much trouble with my Merc. And I am far from end game gear. I will admit that doing a DH at 100 a three pull was no problem, so why bother to split. At 101 we had to split again or it was an issue, but by 105 other than falling asleep during the mission a three pull is again no issue for my Merc to tank. (DH again).

Last night we ran the Saving Jacyll mission in Bixie using a Merc tank and had zero deaths, zero issue. Whole mission took maybe 15 minutes (Cleric, BL, Druid, with Merc Tank, 2 Merc DPS).

The night before same group tried to run The Defense of Lendiniara with my merc tank and failed miserably. But the failure had nothing to do with the merc's mitigation. It was just the fact that he's a blooming moron and kept running into a big group of rooted mobs. We ended up having to wait for a tank to log in.
  6. Brohg Augur

Mercenary tanks are capable of handling content straight through Arx, including Huntering every zone.
  7. Metanis Bad Company

Mercs are still screwed up. Put a primary and secondary wep on a tank merc and watch it die to light blues.
  8. DruidCT Augur

Then don't do that. I think it's safe to say the devs are aware of that issue and 1) don't know how to fix it, or 2) think mercs work well enough that it's not worth the time to fix. I think mercs are fun to play with but they don't seem to be interested in making them well rounded with equipment that matters or new AA this expansion.
  9. Tubben Elder

EQ is the only MMO you did play, right? There arent many MMO's where the devs communicate that close with players like they do in EQ.
  10. Agrippa Augur

I definitely can't speak for all of the companies that I worked for, but I put in some crazy hours at Chili's Bar and Grill and Southwest Airlines, to name a couple. I loved the food and drink at Chili's and probably spent more time and money there after work than any other restaurant even with my discount. Southwest Airlines was the only company I've ever worked for, or even heard of, that put its employees before its customers. In return, most the employees loved the company and took great care of the customers.

I think that most of our developers love Everquest and should also take pride in the vast world that they've created. Do they all play Everquest as hardcore as many of us that frequent the forums? Not likely, but I'd guess that they all play some at least.

Most TDS missions and HA weren't Gibble clones that were tuned for any two players and two mercenaries. That said, my enchanter and my wife's cleric were able to accomplish a good chunk of the content using a tank and wizard mercenary. Our classes helped a good bit, of course, but you can't really expect to steamroll the entire game with any two people and a tank and healer mercenary. I depend on our developers to ensure that Gibble clones (and on the other end, Plane of War clones) are the exceptions rather than the norm for typical content.
  11. Kontra Augur

I've been trying to recruit devs on beta. It hasn't worked....on a serious note though, even if the devs do play regularly, it's not like they'd broadcast to their guild that they are a dev! Anonymity would be the only refreshing thing about it tbh
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. kizant Augur

This is why you shouldn't give players too much info when it comes to stats..
  13. Eluwenie Augur

At this point all I really want is the mercs to regain end. after revival. This has been an issue I'd say since the end of July of this year or so. After whatever maintenence, patch or update they had back then, this went away and now I need to either get an endurance buff from the GL or wait until a bard plays to get it back to 100%. I have mentioned this issue to Daybreak before on Facebook a few times, they told me to put a ticket in or go to a certain Daybreak website, which I did the latter and I have not heard back on this. If they are working on it, if it will stay the same or simply they might not know the fact it's happening. I have 2 healer T5 mercs for this very reason actually, if one loses end, and one still has it, I revert back to which ever healer merc I have. It does make a difference even with all the buffs I'm able to give both mercs, they will walk slow or simply not be able to catch up, they are hit harder when at 0% end. I do solo most of the time (being a Ranger I'm learning of what I can and cannot handle, if I group it is rare and my guild isn't raiding at this time and RL on my end doesn't allow me to have time to raid). Is anyone else having this issue? I'm on the AB server and I'm finding no resolve to this problem other than what I stated above :(
  14. Aghinem Augur

[IMG]

Seriously, necro posting about a subject matter that has already been discussed and resolved...
  15. Eluwenie Augur

Update: Well, sadly the dev team didn't look into this and a few GM's tried, but they didn't get anywhere, they said that the kind of mercs I have must have not been "equipped" with the endurance after revival. I call BS on that because I had several prior and they all did the same darn thing. Well, I had to have some computer fixing to do over this past week, and I gave in and have Windows 10 now. Hopefully with a fresh install of a new OS and the same with EQ, fresh reinstall. I hope this issue goes away. Downloading again atm for the game itself. I need maps too before I get back in. If they still do that, the devs need to look into this on my end because a long time friend of mine (on the AB server) uses a merc of the same kind, my friend has no issues on hers.. so hopefully the devs will read this and dig even deeper if I have the same exact issue. (Fingers crossed that I don't).
  16. Zamiam Augur

box a bard problem solved
  17. Stomped Journeyman

Hopefully this comes off as more direct and less like a jerk but I chose to use Apprentice two mercs until 91 when I could afford a Krono - the difference between my Apprentice 2 tank merc (on my bard) and my J5 tank merc (on my shaman) in a level 100 HA is absolutely negligible. The only thing I notice is my cleric isn't out of mana healing the Apprentice two. I think some type of number was messed up here.
  18. Stomped Journeyman

Also no one is claiming they die "easily" my only dog in this fight is the fact an apprentice two is tanking better or equal to a journeyman 5, if anything...something is wrong.
  19. Aghinem Augur

Funny how this thread started 2 years ago. I feel like I just took a nice walk through history.

This ^^^ :cool:
    Tarvas likes this.
  20. Horathmir Elder

The saddest part is, here we are two years later and the issues is still not fixed. This is a CORE feature of an expansion they sold us for $40 and it has been broken for nearly 2+ years.

If this was any other product or business, we would not take this, but since its a MMO and a Game most of us are severely addicted too, and the company knows this. we just let it slide and keep plodding along with countless broken CORE features like this one.
    Eluwenie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.