Merc movement speed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

I wonder if we could get a merc AA that would boost a mercs foot speed. They can be soooo slow.
    Warpeace likes this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Merc CotH AA?

Nothing sucks more when your running along, stop, look back and your merc is casually strolling up to you.
    Coagagin and Yinla like this.
  3. Scorrpio Augur

Hey, they ARE paid by the hour...
    KarmaKitty, Tarvas and Coagagin like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can sow or soe them. At least as a ranger I can and it seems to help
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If you out pace them they warp to you. Non issue.
    Bobokin likes this.
  6. Laronk Augur

Switch them to passive for a second the will warp to you then switch them back to reactive or what ever. they're intended to move slowly during combat so you gotta do that to get around it.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

Trying to get a cleric merc to heal you on the outer wall of a camp for searstinger in scorched woods is way worse. The cleric can just run in and out relentlessly and never cast a heal.

Not sure if the pathing near the walls in scorched woods bees is intendedor not but it sure does suck and completely screws up mercs and pets.

Also I think merc speed should match the speed of the AA / compass of the owner. No reason to need AA. Their base run should match the owner. End of story.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Chorus Augur

the mercs not showing up pretty much only affects the wizard merc. If you chain kill, then they can get left behind as they won't move from the spot they're standing on when the group is in combat. The others don't have that issue. Now pathing, that's something else altogether, but isn't really an issue if you don't sit on zone walls.

Another annoyance is bard speed on the rogue mercs. They have a hard time staying behind a stationary mob when they have selos on and their dps drop shows it, but it is hilarious to watch :p
  9. Conq Augur

Merc's are the Devil.