Merc Gear Suggestion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Froglok, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Froglok Augur

I know not all Players use more than one, or maybe two types of Mercs.

However, there are those of us who do take advantage of all 4 Merc types depending on the situation.

There are 4 Merc types and a set of gear for each one.

If we swap merc types, we have to also swap the gear out to get the max benefit for the Merc type being used.

As a result, we have to carry 3 sets of extra Merc gear in our bags for those situational occurrences.

So the suggestion is...

Quarter the Merc tab so there is a section for all 4 Merc types. This way, we can drop in all 4 sets of Merc Gear at the same time.

When we use a Merc, they will utilize the Gear (quartered section) that applies to the Merc Type in question.

This will eliminate taking up as many as 12 bag slots for Merc gear!
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Or you realize that you should be using the tank set on all mercs and stop wasting time carrying around garbage gear?
    Elyssanda likes this.
  3. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I don't see why they don't just increase the general cost of merc gear and consolidate it all into a single set. It would reduce DB bloat from the extra sets, there wouldn't be a need to carry around extra sets, they wouldn't have to consider altering the UI to accommodate four sets, they wouldn't have to produce 3 extra sets per lvl increase. It's not like the mercs would become suddenly OP'd by having all of the bonuses from each set rolled into one.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yep, average out all the stats and put it all on one set of gear. Offset any loss of stats you might have by adding/increaseing merc AA to compensate.

The devs make their jobs harder on themselves all the time.