mephits still spawn

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arkeal_Rathe_Bots, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Monkman Augur

I love when people use the argument that they have old people in their guild. Guess what homie... a lot of guilds do (including ones that have beaten UEE)

I’m sorry but that excuse isn’t valid. Bench the slackers/under performers. Even if it means going in with 48 vs 54
  2. Sancus Augur

Maybe in another 100 attempts you too can get lucky with spawn types.
    Kimbella and RPoo like this.
  3. Raynrace Augur

Well I have said my piece, I give up. It seems only 7 guilds should be able to beat an expansion.

I really am wasting my time by replying and fighting for the rest of the people who haven't won it and are overly frustrated.

You win, either play perfect or dont play, no room for error.
  4. Monkman Augur

I think you have it mixed up, the majority of the top 10 guilds would love to see more beat this. It is undeniably the hardest end game raid in the past 4-5 years.

We’ve all been there frustrated beating our heads against the wall. But I’ll tell you, nerf or not... that win is totally worth it. Can’t beat that feeling.
    Thunderkiks and feeltheburn like this.
  5. Fintank Augur

I went and counted all our wipes just for funzies! With 73 wipes and 2 wins, hailing from Cazic Thule we have Return of the Exileddddddddddddddddddddd! Funny enough (or perhaps sad?) the majority of our wipes were actually before the 25% inactive phase. 36 total were at 25% or lower after the first nerf (Cause I think we were hitting it every time afterwards, although I'm not completely certain, number could be lower.)

Luck on the inactive phase is certainly helpful, although I think our win was more attributed to a large majority of our raiders finally having everything "click" for them. The raid is predominantly individual based, the more people you have who are sentient to all the mechanics who don't need direction the better off you'll be. We had 1 wipe between our 1st and 2nd win, I'd like to think that helps eliminate the "luck needed" variance, but with RNG who knows! The likelihood that every time this event has been beaten by any of the guilds relies solely on the RNG is quite slim though.

I do hope you and more guilds get this event beaten, it is an accomplishment for sure. However, I don't think any further nerfs should happen whatsoever. Push your players and help them get an independence of the event mechanics, chances are that's what's stopping you.
  6. Axxius Augur

No need to get personal. And I didn't say 'every single screw up', I said 'if somebody keeps failing'. Our Mearatas runs are never perfect either. But if somebody constantly blows up your raid by curing poison when they shouldn't then your problem is not the raid itself.

What you propose about reducing the penalties is unreasonable. 'People are human' indeed, and occasional mistakes happen. But what you are asking for is to get away with a lot of mistakes and still win. Even something as bad as mis-curing the poison - you want to be forgiven even for a huge mistake like that?

That's very different from just asking for the event to be less difficult (sentinel speed, spawn rate etc.). I don't have a problem with that, but I do have a major problem with making the punishment meaningless - and 100k dd for mis-curing is exactly that.

And please refrain from speaking 'for everyone'.
    Brohg, Sancus and feeltheburn like this.
  7. feeltheburn Augur

nope sorry your incorrect. I don't believe you saw ROI MS or Triton say they were "lucky". It took many wipes for all and hard work, you can add luck to anything that happens in the game. All did not get "lucky" multiple times, for each that I just mentioned, and not sure of the others, have beaten it more then once. Your nerf suggestions is what some here have attacked, not your work on the raid or guile, for your looking to dumb the event down on your wishes to where it almost becomes trivial. Nice try tho
    Lannin likes this.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

There's a lot of luck in most any raid. Who gets a run emote (tanks and healers). What spot do Conflagrant Generals get called too. Did Sunshine decide to leash today on Anime raid. Did your meteors spawn under ground in Skyfire. Did Mearatas lag you to holy hell when you got your Mark. Did you get snarable mobs in Mearatas is a big one for every win that has ever happened in Mearatas, I'm sorry to say.

Boston sports teams have won 12 major sports championships since 2001. While many of these teams were well built and had skilled players, there was a ton of luck that happened a long the way. Last year's Red Sox team was not the most talented team in the league. Luck with injuries, luck with farmhands and utility players performing luck with match ups, luck with 40% of the league in tank mode and losing on purpose, you get the idea. RNG in EQ, alone will create luck factor on each and every raid, each and every attempt we make. RoI, MS and Triton are just the Houston Astros or Dodgers, talent wise. The rest of us are the Rays or Twins. We always need to prove ourselves.
  9. Axxius Augur

What the... o_O Age excuses? Wow.

That list above tells a lot. Even boulder auras are hard? Your issues have nothing to do with age and everything to do with the organization and strategy. Age has nothing to do with it.
    tyrantula likes this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm inclined to agree, in part with Raynrace on this one. I think many would.

I'm 42 and when I go back to play a game like Kid Icarus that I curb stomped when I was a kid, you realize your dexterity is no longer what it was when the game now owns your . Watch an Over Watch League match sometime. There's a reason most of these kids look 12 and need a parents consent to sign a contract to play. It's because a 30 year old is too slow, already and would be meat.
    Lannin and Annastasya like this.
  11. Axxius Augur

One of our very best players is older than 70, and we have plenty of people with grandchildren. I never heard any of them using age as an excuse for anything except not wanting to stay up late.
    Genoane and Thunderkiks like this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Not every 70 year old is qualified to play in RoI. Scratch that. .01% of 70 year olds are qualified to be in RoI.
  13. Tolzol Augur

He’s not in ROI?
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

How did you interpret that in my response? "Not every 70 year old is qualified" does not mean none are.
  15. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Axxius is in Triton, there's a uber septuagenarian in Triton
  16. Tolzol Augur

Because you are saying that as if Axxius is in ROI and he’s not. Not even sure why your bringing ROI up for this is all. Lol. That being said we do have older folks in ROI but to my knowledge none that old, besides of course Klaian, he is as old as time itself and he retired/took a break a month or two ago.
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You're unbelievable hahahahahahahahaha. Yes, I'm laughing at you for your "take" on my post. Are you one of those contrarian type people or something? Just trying to start an argument over nothing?
  18. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I think he's just confused why you'd assert 0.01% of 70+ year olds are capable of playing in RoI when the claim was never made that they had any, Triton is the Guild repped by Johnny Unitas, raining down dem big parses
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Raynrace Augur

I just want to clarify that 99.99% of our problems come in the 24% inactive phase.

If THAT part alone was somewhat less chaotic, we would have a whole lot more people with a chance to win.

Lets guess with some numbers. 15 guilds maybe 1100 attempts on the raid. Out of those 1100 attempts lets be generous and say 17 wins.

We are less than 2% win ratio. I dont know the exact numbers but i would bet its not too far off.

Dont you think its a bit much? Im at the point that I honestly dont care if I never win or go there again, it literally feels fruitless.
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I had thought it to be a complement to Axxius to call him .01% of 70 year olds, but I guess not!

Edit: I always mixed up people's tags. Lyme, blonde brain and all.