mephits still spawn

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arkeal_Rathe_Bots, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

During the tunnel move on mearatas. meh
  2. Raynrace Augur

I dont know what to say anymore about this raid. It is crazy frustrating. I know 7 guilds have beaten it, but how often has it actually been beaten. Guild morale is down because of it. I really hope you guys dont wait another month to do something about this.

It is harder now than before the patch in my humble opinion.

The armors come too fast and they show up on track late sometimes so they can be quite far down the hallways. The red hall used to always be the worst because the slow didn't stop the armors at all. Now we have 3 hallways that come too fast instead of one so its harder. Mez still seems to stop them and snare does too but now there are 3 problems and if you get unlucky on hall spawns its ugly.

I dont know if mephits still spawn during JUST the hallway call or not, we might just suck and people are dying but it sure seemed like an awful lot of mephits. Why do they even spawn at all from 24 to hall calls?

We used to get to the 24% reactive phase consistently and we were there all night tonight and didn't get there once.

We had more armors explode tonight than in the last 50 attempts or so.

You guys have got to take a larger swing at this. No mephits at all during 24% phase and either slow down armor spawns or make them all CC able again minus red.

I cant even imagine dealing with armors 24% to 0 when they come 2 at a time....

Seriously, asking without any attitude at all. Enough is enough, please fix this asap.
  3. FawnTemplar Augur

On the bright side, I didn't evaporate when a mephit looked at me funny. So well done on that devs.
  4. Endaar Augur

Our first run tonight, it certainly seemed like we had a round of mephits spawn during the hallway phase. I think what's happening though is that due to server timing, lag, RNG or whatever, it's possible to have mephits spawn immediately before the hallway call or immediately after the marks fade. In that case the change is so minor that it's almost indistinguishable from how it was previously. Honestly if I didn't know of the change from the patch notes and discussion here, I would not have realized there were any changes to mephit spawns.

As Raynrace said though, the bigger issue is the changes to the sentinels, which is resulting in less time to DPS and bane them before they hit the center.

First impressions after this patch is they've made the event harder, not easier.
  5. Maedhros High King

That's exactly what I thought would happen with the sentinels. Even for the guilds that have beaten this before the sentinels are suddenly going to waltz unimpeded from their spawn point to the center. I'll chime in again after we try this Sunday or Monday.
    Good luck to the guilds that are working on this on their off days.
  6. Allayna Augur

We won’t see the changes until Sunday, but I’m grateful that MS has always killed all the sentinels.
  7. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

I’m grateful we all don’t have to see grumble grumble sks grumble grumble tank belts grumble grumble this in 3 threads at once since it doesn’t impact you. Sorry to see this is now harder for the time being.
  8. Endaar Augur

MS probably has the margin for error that this change may not matter, but I don't see why you think killing vs. not killing is relevant here. The only hallway RoV has ever locked down rather than killed is green, and the ability to do so is unchanged. The issue is that yellow, white, and blue all effectively path to the center quicker than they used to, which means less time to kill them.
    kizant likes this.
  9. Cadira Augur

Hello. Nice Strawman argument.

Anyways, doesn't impact us? Are you stupid? We raid this too and don't like how it's overtuned either. We have new apps that have yet to see a win, etc. Get on board and get off the "Hate Allayna whenever he says so much as 'hi' train".
    Elyssanda likes this.
  10. Raynrace Augur

If I were a dev and going to fix this raid with good input and make it beatable I would reduce the penalties down. Its just too much.

1- reduce death mephits to a 50/50 chance of spawning, not 100%
    2- hall color failure i would reduce down to 150k mana/end loss
    3- hall failure (not far enough) i would reduce down to 100k mana/end loss
    4- poison cure failure i would reduce to 100k hp loss and reduce radius
    5- increase the time mephits are alive before casting hme loss
    6- no mephits spawn at all at 24% inactive phase
    7- slow armor walk speed down by at least 25%
    8- increase time between armor spawns by another 6 seconds

I know it sounds like a lot but its small changes to how crazy the penalties are on failure
  11. Raynrace Augur

You could also remove the server tic damage delay on mephits and armors. I would even be for a reduction in bane damage amount if you could just kill them instead of having to wait.

To give an example on one run I had 41 bane spell casts for mephits and armors and only hit successfully 3 times.

All of the people doing bane damage are wasting a ton of mana and time trying to kill them when they are not able to be harmed.
  12. kizant Augur

To be fair, what Allayna said makes it sound like you're not affected by this change because you always kill the sentinels. The sentinels that appear to have a higher dps requirement to kill in time based on the feedback in this thread.
    Cadira likes this.
  13. Axxius Augur

...i.e. remove or reduce all challenges from the event? Talk about unreasonable.

If somebody keeps failing to run to the correct corridor all the time - have them sit out. This dz is notorious for lag, but you can make it even with lag.

And #4 is just WTF. There is no excuse for curing the wrong thing. It's something that you actually DO rather than fail to do and complain about lag or w/e other issues. It absolutely should cause an extreme punishment.

Sounds like you want to be able to make a lot of mistakes (even the most asinine ones) and still win this raid.

<Insert the Ngreth NO meme here>
  14. tyrantula Elder

I love this event, but with how many times people fail emotes or do something wrong - we skip it entirely.
  15. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

One thing I'll say is having been on sentinals pretty much since day 1, there was a notable change in sentinal pace (Walking speed) during UEE invulnerbale phases vs live phases, the event/server lag seems the most likely reason for the discrepancies I've noted. I know Bristlebane has a history of being exceptionally laggy, could it be some of the lag has been resolved and this is the reason for the perception of them moving faster?

We'll probably go in Sunday and take a gander as well
    Axxius likes this.
  16. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Lag has always been the biggest factor in sentinel speed that I've seen in 150+ runs in our sentinel group. Several times we got a new instance to fix lag for the main raid...and everyone in the sentinel group knew we'd have to be even faster.

It's probably one of the things (speed of sentinels walking) that they could change easily without changing the structure of the event but still giving lower dps guilds a little more wiggle room.
  17. Raynrace Augur

Wow Axxius, you sure are a bundle of joy and mr perfect on every single player every single run. Congrats on your elite status.

No, read it... REDUCE penalties, people are human. If we just bench people and attack them for every single screw up we would have a pretty small guild or just go ahead and fold. Recruiting players isnt easy these days.

Servers have lag... especially ours...

My apologies, i forgot this game is your way, not what is best for everyone.
  18. feeltheburn Augur

not his way....just you want it dumbed down to point an open raid could do it. End game raid, final event shout not be designed so that a force of failboats can get it done, its a slap to those who work hard and try not to waste the rest of the raids time, and to those who have beat it without remotely being dumbed down to a trivial event.
    Thunderkiks and Axxius like this.
  19. Raynrace Augur

I mean really lets just put it into perspective. We have some older folks playing this game.

DBG is asking 60 year olds to-

DPS mephits with bane
    DPS armors with bane
    Run down the pretty colored hallways snared
    Trying to avoid boulder death auras
    Trying to cure themselves with potions that they have never had to do almost ever in EQ
    Trying to run from mephits attacking them while snared

ALL AT THE SAME TIME....

Get it? its too much for some people. I consider myself an above average player with good reaction time and usually dont have too many issues but we have literally equaled raiding this more than twice a week for an entire year without a win. This raid is TOO MUCH for some people to handle all at once.
  20. Raynrace Augur

I would love to see how many attempts the top 10 guilds have made on this raid and how many wins.

Feeltheburn, no offense but all of those guilds with a win have specifically stated luck with spawn types is part of it.

I work my butt off trying hard for my guild and at over 100+ attempts I guess you are right we dont deserve to win because it is just too much for a handful of people.

Actually DBG should just un nerf everything so they can feel better about themselves, All those attempts mean nothing and you just demean their victory and we are wasting our time.