<Mendacium> Semi-casual raiding on Phinigel!

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Ladysoth, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Mivius New Member

Or perhaps EQ in Velious era still has dropable loot, regardless of zone?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6344
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6879
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6606
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5903

There's 4, and I was too lazy to go beyond one mob. So thanks for being obtuse and calling us liars, it's always a boon when some rando says we're trying to "look more successful" than we are. Clearing all content in era must not count for anything?

But to the subject at hand, I joined a few months ago because they had a good thing from my perspective...the atmosphere isn't pressuring, I never had a negative incident with a member, they clear stuff without massive time requirement, and no "funny business" (no exploitation of mage pets tanking, etc etc), and an understanding rule/loot/dkp system that both benefits you if you put more effort in, but allows you to get stuff even if you can only do the part-time 'thing'. As a plus, a lot of people are very willing to help with quests/epics.

Don't get me wrong, no place is ever Utopia, but I've enjoyed my time, and I think many others would too. So if you're looking, give us a try IMO!

~Miv
    Banecrow likes this.
  2. Ladysoth Augur

Actually, I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that! The person I'm thinking of in particular has a level (now 40, I think) ranger who came in last ToV run and looted, I believe it was a Bow of the Destroyer off Dagarn. I remember that in particular because recently we got a whip off Tunare that was going to rot this same person wanted, but that one regretfully couldn't be looted because of PoG's level 46 requirement.

If I am wrong about the level requirement, my mistake, all I did was add the lvl 36-at-the-time ranger and throw them in a CoTH group :D I didn't actually see them loot the bow, but I'm 95% certain there is no level requirement anymore (at least not in instanced, that's where we were at the time) Try it and see for yourself.

But if I am wrong about that level req, trust me - there is no shortage of loot going to people's alts. I am becoming very familiar with around 10 alts of our current members who excitedly log them on when something drops that is otherwise going to rot! And no offense to my current members' alts, you know I love you guys, but I would much rather that stuff go to a new member who's having a good time gearing their character up in a friendly and fun environment!

Don't join just for loot, though. Join if you want to enjoy your playtime clearing all content in era, and you want to do it with friends. That's the best thing we offer.
  3. Precept New Member

This ->
    I have been part of Mendacium since May of this year and we have been clearing NTOV, POG, The Kael Kids, Phear, you name it on a weekly basis for what seems like an eternity. And yes we have drops from all of those encounters that rot on a regular basis. No I am not referring to the 3 blades of carnage that dropped last week (Random Daybreak?). If you are looking for a guild with great players who are honest, relaxed and focused on clearing all content without burnout then Mendacium might be for you. Sure Ladysoth can't pronounce Luclin, Velketor and a host of other Everquest names but we have all agreed to let that slide.

Precept
    Banecrow likes this.
  4. Arcere/Pistis New Member

Just to bring the first hand account here. My alt twink ranger zoned into instanced ToV at level 33 to loot a Bow of the Silver Fang. Although it was not the Bow of the Destroyer, what an awesome upgrade for him anyway. During the next raid, he was 36 and I wanted to bring him into an instanced Plane of Growth to loot a potential rot (a Braid of Golden Hair which is an epic equivalent 1hs), but was told that it couldn't happen due to the 46 min level planes requirement. I didn't even try since another guildie spoke up and had an alt twink that was 46+ that could use it and could get there in time so it didn't rot. I am still curious to see for certain if that 46+ level limit is for real world planes only or if the instanced versions don't have that limit similar to ToV. Who knows, that 1hs may drop again with no other guildie that could use it.

As a member since mid January, this guild has been awesome. It is a dream come true. The dream was there since about 2001 when I spent 30+ hours a week playing this game. In 2001, I had little ability to join a hardcore raiding guild trying race against very, very, very limited raid targets, let alone able to get much loot. Daybreak has EQ done right with the Phinigel server (true boxing, instanced raiding, etc., etc.). And Mendacium has (Semi)Casual Raiding done right. Now I spend about 12 hours a week playing at times that work for me and my family. I enjoy a great freedom to raid, get raid gear, level characters, get help with quests, and help others with their quests, all in a fraction of the time I spent 15 years ago. The guild leaders are always helpful, funny, and take the time and effort to get us all organized and focused on the more challenging fights (so very necessary). My fellow guild members are constantly helpful, highly encouraging, and skillful on this very challenging, complex, but rewarding game experience. What an awesome guild family to be a part of to realize that 15 year old dream for a great game.

Not only is my main character well geared, and my 2-boxed character is not bad either, and now my (currently) 39 ranger already has 3 raid items. This is thanks to my awesome guild and great guildies. Many of whom have gotten some of that action too.
    Banecrow and Ladysoth like this.
  5. Bromm Lorekeeper

[IMG]

Looking forward to more declarative statements from "Bodes" in the future.
    Banecrow likes this.
  6. Gromph Elder

"It is well known that the level requirement to enter TOV is 46 in both open world and instance"

Screen shot above makes this comment hilarious. Now we know it is a well known fact Bodes is a tool.
  7. baider Elder

I didnt know it was a secret that theres no level requirement to BE IN ToV, only to click and enter. I always used to twink my level 1's with ToV gear for fun, you just make a campfire and fellowship click them in then drag corpse and merc rez on dragons corpses. Used to have a level 1 warrior with like 2200 hp 800 ac and weapons that had massive procs and awesome ratios
  8. Ladysoth Augur

ANYWAY, we're still open for more folks for the moon! Some new recruits and some members returning have gotten us up to full-raid status, but we are always able to drop boxes for real people. Check us out, we're a lot of fun! :)
    Banecrow likes this.
  9. Bromm Lorekeeper

Homepage updated! Come in to check us out. Come in to throw in an app... Or just come in for the laughs, any and all =).

I fuckin love this guild!

Mendaciumeq.enjin.com
    Banecrow likes this.
  10. Banecrow Elder

I came to the server about 2 months after it started. I grouped with a members alt when I was lv 8. They got me interested in the guild and I have never looked back. Good people and we have hit and defeated every raid target in era so far.
  11. Ladysoth Augur

To spice up our raiding we are now playing Mendacium Bingo, given to us by one of our longtime members!

[IMG]
    Banecrow likes this.
  12. Izzabela New Member

I'm late to the party, but this guild is fantastic! If you want a guild that helps key, helps gear, and downs all content in era without the shenanigans and lack of class demonstrated by some of the more "competitive" guilds of the server (to put it nicely), then Mendacium is the guild for you!

So join Mendacium! Just don't feed the animals....
  13. Izzabela New Member

Woohoo! So excited! Lots of spawn watching, fast mobilization to spawns, and dps racing other guilds, but we got our first key for Lord Inquisitor Seru! I forsee great loots in our future :)
  14. Ladysoth Augur

Bump just because it's pretty low on the page. Numbers looking good, fielding a 70+ raidforce on all raid nights, but we would really love a few more shamans, bards, beastlords and paladins! We'll drop boxes for you!

All Luclin content minus VT is being cleared weekly! Come along with us on our fantabulous journey to get loot and not get Lucid Shards because FG and ME are terrible!
  15. Izzabela New Member

But they WILL get Lucid Shards because our guildies are just THAT awesome and will stay in ME or Fungus Grove with them until they drop! :)
  16. Ladysoth Augur

Whee, Luclin clear in under a month!

[IMG]

Always looking for more to join the fun in Mendacium! Come enjoy a fun romp through each expansion with us!
    Maryiene likes this.
  17. Ladysoth Augur

Bump to get it back on the first page!

We're still fielding 70+ on our raid nights, but recruitment is open for bards, shaman, paladins, and rogues - we will drop boxes for real people :). Emp key and VT key are a plus but not strictly required. Once you have applied please send an officer a tell in game! We'd be happy to talk with you.

If you are tired of other guilds acting like children on this game we all enjoy, come check out Mendacium. We clear all content in era and we do it the right way.
  18. Fibgirl Lorekeeper

Aten Ha Ra's Corpse in her room!?! WTF
  19. Fibgirl Lorekeeper

Aten Ha Ra's Corpse in her room!?! WTF
  20. Ryak Augur

Sorry, Fib seems to have gotten stuck in an infinite loop. Let me reset him.