melee needs more scaling?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by frands481, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Brogett Augur

So a 21098s parse and an 7623s parse on Combat Dummy Azia with just autoattack (my auto-fire backstab thing broke so it's hard to do long parses atm until I fix it), with full raid buffs and the Blade Fury proc on permanent (it's more like 50-55% normally) showed a woeful 11k dps (T2 dagger).

The accuracy without Thief's Eyes was 80.1 and with it 80.8. Total dps gain was 1%. So it *is* parseable, if you hang around for many hours.

During normal grouping my piercing is maybe 60-65% of my dps, so with other abilitiues you're looking at maybe 15k non-discing dps. That really is woeful! Get a bard, shaman etc, disc when up, etc and you're probably doubling that for overall sustained, maybe a touch more.
  2. Brogett Augur

The error IMO has been asking for ever better discs. These are multipliers, so as the weapon goes up so does the disc dps. We don't *NEED* bigger discs, they scale already. Increasing the disc multipliers each expansion basically means "under disc" dps gets further and further out of whack with "out of disc" dps.

The consequence? Melee sustained dps is now utter rubbish, simply because of the few mega disc burns that people see. Nerf the discs and boost the weapons!
    Ishtass and Bighitz like this.
  3. Bighitz Augur

Yeah i agree - but with the current state of things we cannot get a double up on weapon ratings without berserkers burning for 300K. But i would love a nerf of discs of all melee and then get better ratio, or just get a ton of +dmg AAs to all our specials and normal hits.
  4. Slasher Augur

^^^^^^^^^^^^

We need to stop asking for disc upgrades. Higher weapon damage = higher sustained, but if they do it that way they will increase burst to an uncontrollable level because we have been getting disc upgrades for years. Its hard to turn the ship around when dps has been balanced for burst for 10 years and now its balanced for sustained.
    Voodoman likes this.
  5. Tanecho Augur

I completely agree that disc vs. non-disc DPS is out of control. Maybe though what is needed is something like the eye of the storm disc that monks received this expansion for berserkers and rogues. It's by no means a burst disc (it's probably 4th or 5th in a monks usual disc order) but it does provide a nice sustained boost with a long duration and short reuse. I doubt we're going to get much in the way of ratio increases while discs are at their current level.

That approach gives 3 tiers of damage, burn disc, sustained disc, and non disc. The only issue would be resource recovery, which I think berserkers have kind of a bum deal on currently.
  6. Tuluvian Elder

Endurance recovery can be easily fixed;
    1-eliminate the out of combat restriction on Rest line,
    2- lower recast on the Wind lines to match Rest. (actually making it useful.. )

Other classes have quick, non-restrictive resources to recover mana and isn't game breaking (well is... but not going with the nerf route..), Wars would prob enjoy it just as much.