May's TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Crabman, Mar 15, 2022.

1. The Brit Canuck Journeyman

i made a video about talking about some of the past tlps and what i would like from this ,

i dont see the point of a GoD start, not after they have spent time going back to classic to add a bunch of achievements and mischief hitting GoD around the same time. it has been two years since we had a phinny clone so i would expect .. 2 servers, but im not sure i would want to give up the rando and/or free trade.

my TL;DR is.. i dont know what i want from a tlp this year and i dont think this year there is much consensus in the community do as well.
  2. Court Elder

I would like to see Kunark start with a 2-3 month unlock schedule until Velious; add Beastlords on start; Free Trade or not - don’t care either way, but free trade would probably entice a few Mischief $$ to move over; no random loot; decent exp boost.
  3. Crabman Augur

It really does seem like there’s 2 camps right now. People who miss the longer classic/kunark/velious unlocks from aradune and before, and then those who think mischief was too slow(pre pop) or want this god level unlocking stuff.

They have had two servers each for the past 3 years, it would make sense for them to make one of each of those to give more people what they want or at least closer to what they want.
  4. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Smash that like button and don't forget to subscribe.
  5. Rcbauer Augur

Rando and free trade already on Mischief. No need to server hop if that's your desire.
  6. Crabman Augur

Wouldn’t that hold true for people wanting a GoD start too? There’s 2 of those in a week, why have a new server start at the same point
    Overcast451 likes this.
  7. Rcbauer Augur

No.
    GoD has been on every server except Agnarr IIRC.

There has never been a server with zerkers in classic. (That I know of).

It's a fun one-off server to think about .

Kind of like mischief was for the fans of that ruleset.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Crabman Augur

Zerkers and beastlords at classic would be great. But it shouldn’t have to be god start for that to be a thing. And level lock is just skipping expansions. I know it sounds different but it’s really not. Unless you are starting with pok open and all zones, then it’s not a classic start at all.
  9. Lucious New Member

i would love a server where the xpacs take longer to release , Like vanilla .
  10. Rcbauer Augur

I'm not sure anyone is calling for a classic start. I think it should start with 60 as the level lock for the first 2ish months.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I could even go for a 51/50 GoD start TLP if the level lock is not something the dev team can have in place this year.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The thing is that the devs have gone to lengths to ensure that classes & races & combinations thereof are in strict adherence to their original expansion availability, they reversed the availability of Halfling Rangers & Paladins, Gnome Paladins & Gnome Shadowknights in classic on Ragefire, and then went so far as changing the Plane of Fear drops for Beastlord to not appear until Luclin Unlocks & for Berserker to not appear until Gates of Discord unlocks which pretty much killed any hope of Beastlord & Berserker ever being available on launch day of a classic-start TLP server.

Which is why I have been championing having a GoD start server, and also an LLP (level locked progression with all expansions unlocked) type server but not an ELP (era-locked progression - which unlocks all expansions in the same level range) type server.

An LLP for example would allow players to play all of the following right from the start of the server.
    An ELP would not.
    A GoD Start would not offer all of these either but it does allow for all classes.

Froglok Monk - Call of the Forsaken
    Wood Elf Beastlord - Call of the Forsaken
    Drakkin - The Serpent's Spine
    Berserkers - Gates of Discord
    Froglok - Legacy of Ykesha
    Beastlord - Luclin
    Gnome Shadowknights - Luclin
    Gnome Paladins - Luclin
    Halfling Rangers - Luclin
    Halfling Paladins - Luclin
    Iksar - Kunark
  13. Arclyte Augur

froglok monks? thats how you know live is bad
    Ponter likes this.
  14. Crabman Augur

true. ok your right, classic start without those classes sounds much better than any other alternative.
  15. Crabman Augur

well no, I 100% want one, as stated in the starting post of this thread. and I know youve been on the forums enough in the last few weeks to see all the other threads that have been started by others asking for classic as well...
  16. Ponter Elder

There's dozens of us!
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

server 1: GoD-Start TLP (no truebox 51/50 or level-locked start )
    +
    server 2: Classic-Start TLP (truebox Mangler clone)

Job done.
    Ponter and Crabman like this.
  18. Ponter Elder

Exactly, feed both sides of the argument. Analyze metrics, fine tune, and relaunch with better data for next years TLPs.
  19. Yarteb Elder

So your solution is jam together unrelated features ignoring previous discussion? All of this is just speculation and opinions anyway...
  20. Gnothappening Augur

Wood elf beastlords with treants as warders don't really do much for it either.