max zoom

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phiyre, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Phiyre Augur

so, back when I played (99-03 or something) you could type in a command that allowed you to scroll out a ton farther w/ the mouse wheel. not finding this anywhere. I don't want to mess w/ different cameras as that didn't have to be done in the day. there was just a command like /view max distance =100 or something..
    Anyone remember?
  2. mackal Augur

You might be thinking of EQ2.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No, there was something in EQ1, but I don't remember what it is.

What I can say is, back in the day, I used the other camera views to zoom further out. If you hit F9 twice from the standard view, that camera lets you zoom WAY out. I used to use it for quadding all the time. Haven't quadded in years, so I don't use it any more, but that should let you do what you want.
  4. Phiyre Augur

Thanks for the replies..
    I have seen that f9 command mentioned several times and appears I will have to mess w/ it some if the command can't be figured out. I just remember back in the day, that command helped so much as I could pan out a ton while quadding umbral doods in ME.. I did some searching and just can't find it.
    I'm sure I'm not confused w/ eq2 Mac as I never got into eq2. I went from eq to wow when it was released.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I have also noticed that "mouse-wheel" zoom out is inconsistent between zones. In most zones, zooming out with the mouse wheel stops fairly quickly, and you're not zoomed out that much. Now, zone to Sunrise Hills (the housing zone), and you can zoom WAY out. So far, you can barely see your char on the screen.

For the F9 modes, I would hit F9 twice, and then I think the "End" key zoomed out. It would zoom much further out than the mouse wheel allows. Now, this zoom out is straight back from the char, with no inclination (unlike the mouse wheel, where, if you're looking slightly down, when you zoom out, the camera height increases). So the other adjustment you could make was something like alt-uparrow or ctrl-uparrow, which would move the camera straight up. So, by combining these, you can move the camera up and back, but it's still looking straight (i.e. the camera angle is always parallel to the ground, assuming flat ground).

This was great for wide-open outdoor zones. For cramped zones, dungeons, and zones with lots of trees, it stinks.

The mobs in ME were umbrous toilers. I used to quad them a ton back in the Luclin days :)

Tat
  6. Vanrau Augur

Zooming out distance depends on zone geometry so this why it's different from zone to zone.