Max Priest Melee DPS on Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Yawgmoth's Will, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Yawgmoth's Will New Member

I had a min-maxing question about the best possible melee dps a priest/caster could achieve on this server. Personally I play a Shaman and while soloing I typically get a few hits in-between chain casting canni.

Mace of the Ancients or Hammer of Hours? Does 750DD > 1 swarm pet spawn? My guess would be yes, but I don't have any data. Has anyone actually calculated avg dmg a swarm pet does?

Both Mace of the Ancients or Hammer of Hours have slot 8 aug. My thought for the best caster melee dps slot 8 is Shard of Eternal Pain. More swarms pets!

What do others think is the best slot 8 aug? What about slot 4 augs for honorable mention weapons listed below?

I look forward to hearing what others think!

Honorable mentions:
    Staff of Eternal Flames
    Vander's Bane
    Sharkspine Club
  2. CaptainSkeet Augur

Hammer of Hours. Proc can crit for like 2250, I always used this when solo or duo on Phinny, click TA from bag for slows.

Never bothered to aug it, the proc is the DPS. Not sure which would work best.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Priests lack all the necessary skills when AAs to make Greatstaff of Power beat out Hammer of Hours.

They don’t have Double attack, they don’t have Punishing Blade (or I guess it’s now part of Burst of Power), they don’t have Combat Fury, they don’t have Innate Melee AAs.

A high Damage proc will beat our a 2hander during PoP. I used Hammer of Hours and the type 8 lifetap proc aug from LDoN in this era on my Druid. The Shard or Eternal Pain likely will result in more DPS but the lifetap proc was nice because it was nearly unresistable and could crit.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Shaman do.
  6. Yawgmoth's Will New Member

Greatstaff of Power defiantly has the dmg ratio advantage. But not being able to Double Attack/Riposte, I thought proc add more to dps than base damage for caster classes.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Rabid Bear
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

I wish it lasted longer than it does, or had a much shorter cooldown.
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

30% of the time they have a double stack modifier, this is true. They still don’t have Critical hits, extra 2handed hits or Innate DPS AAs amplifying the Damage.

It’s possible Greatstaff for shaman outparses Hammer of Hours while Rabid Bear is up. But I think over a long fight, which I suspect is this guy doing some old raid mobs with mighty buff with low numbers, I think Hammer of Hours with either a pet or lifetap proc aug will win out.

Or if he is talking current PoP raids I suspect he’ll be going long enough without a break that rabid bear isn’t always up.
  10. Yawgmoth's Will New Member

I didn't really have a specific intent when I posed this question. %50 intellectual exercise, %50 planning out how to optimism my character.

It's a good point. I didn't really think about this ability, and I don't have it at the moment. Dathor Great Hammer I've been told makes a pretty crazy combo with Rabid Bear as well.

I mentioned Staff of Eternal Flames in the opening post for 2hb. Even though at 50/35 compared to Greatstaff of Power it has a 400DD proc. I thought compared straight across it was the better of the two dps wise. I might be mistaken.

Additional Greatstaff of Power is an aug 8 and can equip pet swarm aug, were as Staff of Eternal Flames can get Radiant Permafrost 150DD or 75DD Lifetap at best.
  11. Boze TLP complaint factory

For Agnarr I would think the swarm pet aug would beat out any other aug. I didn't get it till pretty late, so I don't know how it parses in-era, but even on my beastlord at 70 with 16 ranks of companion's fury it was easily beating 3dmg augs in mainhand, doing 50+dps alone. I'd guess it would be in the 30-40dps range on Agnarr? Any other proc aug isn't going to add more than 10-20ish.

That being said, the hammer of hours proc should be pretty significant (I'd guess around ~100dps), which I'm guessing would beat out the 2h difference on a priest.
    Edit: I've never parsed the mace of the ancients but I'd assume its pet is in the ballpark of the aug.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well i hear those pets that get summoned take advantage of AAs. So a bst would do far better with pets than a clr, relativity. Likewise, clrs get nuke aa to further tip that scale.
  13. Boze TLP complaint factory

Pet damage AAs are with GoD, Agnarr won't see them. I wasn't very direct, but I was saying that the pet proc aug will very likely beat any DD aug for any class on Agnarr.
  14. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Don't forget to pick up a symbol of the planesmasters and click it!
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Thats good to know.

Having said that, it seems like 2handers are the red headed stepchildrwn on agnarr. Id be curious to see actual parses in controlled tests.