Mastery Of The Past

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Kirbane, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Kirbane Augur

Any 1 else think this is a horrible AA, i was fizzling songs when i was lower level but once i hit a certain lvl i dont think i have had 1 single fizzle or missed note. I have put some points into it but stopped cause by the time i got that AA to current lvl i would have spent a bunch of AAs that could be useful else where.
  2. Vouivre Augur

As a SK I know I fizzle all the time even with maxed skills, however the MotP AA is useless as we don't cast spells really that are under the current level range with the AA doesn't work on. Mileage may vary.
  3. Kirbane Augur

lol i didnt know sks are hybrids but i guess so, any 1 else taken the time to look into this wack aa
  4. Vouivre Augur

SKs aren't hybrids according to the poorly developed boards, but that isn't really relevant as they're public.
  5. Kirbane Augur

heh indeed they are and it never hurts to have insight of others :D
  6. Buds Augur

Ok Paladins, SKs and Beastlords are hybrids. Hybrids are a mix of two different classes.
    SK= necro/warrior
    Paladin=cleirc/warrior
    Beastlord=shaman/monk
    Bard=not a hybrid
    Ranger=druid/?
  7. Hatsee Augur

Druid/Warrior for rangers, and yes bards are hybrids. They do a bit of everything, hybrid actually really just seems to mean you have a blue and yellow mana bar, that's it.
    Vouivre likes this.
  8. Vouivre Augur

I always considered bards almost an enchanter/rogue/warrior hybrid, but that is how it seemed in the original game. Not so much now.
  9. Piestro Augur

SKs are hybrids, the title of the forum is what it is because there is little better terminology.
  10. Kirbane Augur

lol
    bards are totally hybrids and you sir are silly
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I fizzle about 9 spells out out of 400. Useful to have though when you run out of the must have AAs.
  12. Vouivre Augur

We've heard for years many different views on this from the dev team. We were hybrids, then we weren't, then I think one of the devs even said he/she believed that classes like warriors were hybrids in their opinion. I've always believed we were hybrids though.
  13. Kirbane Augur

Wow didnt know others fizzled so much thats why i was asking others about what they think.
  14. Mykaylla Augur

Bard songs were also bugged for years- you could get just the first rank or two ranks, I forget which it was, and never fizzle a song, ever again.

Mastery of the Past really depends on the class though, too- it doesn't do much for a wizard, since they don't use old spells (other than ports), whereas quite a few other classes at least use last expansion and this expansion, and others even more (necros, some clerics like me, enchanters, et cetera).

Just count yourself lucky that bard code is so weird compared to the rest of Norrath. ;)
  15. doktartp Augur

Bards had an issue where it was adding the levels of the ranks, instead of replacing them. so something like 20,30,40 level ranks would be level 90 (all songs) vs just using the level 40 rank.

Some classes have spells they use on a regular basis that are not current expansion, if thats you, then it merits some value, to depend on how you value your XP determines the order.
    I had some ranks originally to prevent fizzling complete heal, later on Ancient light because it was better then a few later ones and my focuses sucked, also my auras are level 70 and 80, etc.

Just like mykaylla said, its dependent on if you actually have use for spells like that.
  16. Buds Augur

Oh really?? What are they a mix of, warrior and singer?? They are their own unique class. So I guess you are the silly one, whatever that means.
  17. Kirbane Augur

warrior/enchanter, would be my best guess our play style is unique but we have lots of the same abilitys as other calsses, just dont do them as well as they do. have you ever listened to enchanter 107.5 fm great station i here chanters singing there all the time, dont touch my mez mobs is my jam!
  18. Vouivre Augur

I wish I only fizzled that often. I would guess mine is much closer to 50 or more fizzles per 400 at least. Maxed skills and still fizzle at least one spell every fight usually.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I feel like I fizzle a lot more too, but that all gameparse catches.
  20. JERUS Augur

Just a FYI, for bards if you have max instrument/singing skill you will not miss notes on beneficial songs. You can still miss notes on detrimental songs, but in my experience it's very rare.