MassivelyOP Article re:Heroic Characters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Janakin, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Janakin Augur

So on EQ Forums they state:

"Our anniversary gift to EVERYONE who has ever played EverQuest is a FREE level 85 Heroic Character. All you have to do to take advantage of this offer is log in before Friday, March 31, 2017 @ 11:59PM PDT."

The article EQ linked on twitter here though says"

"A few really important things about this free level 85. One, it expires this week! To claim it you need to log in before the end of Friday the 31st. You won't actually see the free Heroic on your character page until you actually log a character into the world and then log back to the character page again. Two you need to create the character by the end of Friday as well, so if you need tons of time to decide on character creation like I do, you'd better get going on that quickly."

So is this correct and they have to be used today as well?
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Good question! I was under the impression that you just needed to claim the Heroic Character by today. Roshen said it was equivalent to a paid character so that you got to store it after the date and even delete that heroic character but be able to make another? Can a dev or community rep chime in here?
    Janakin likes this.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

4. Janakin Augur

Thanks. I thought that I had read that somewhere. The article is wrong then which is sad for one that "digs" in and "chats" with Daybreak ~
    Fanra and Benito like this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I still went ahead and claimed my Heroic Characters. (You will be able to delete and reuse them if Roshen is right anyways). Would be nice to get a secondary confirmation from a dev on here just incase...
    Fanra likes this.
  6. fransisco Augur

heroics DESPERATELY need an upgrade past lvl 85. Like 95
    Janakin likes this.
  7. Janakin Augur

They could come out with a new one after the free give away, maybe level 95 and "Legendary" and get less complaints from people who purchased heroic char of late since they also got a free one.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They don't really need an upgrade... it only takes 10-20 hours to level to 105 if you really want to do it fast.
  9. frankie78227 Augur

So I guess no one at DB cared to comment on this. There are gonna be some upset peeps when/if their unclaimed HCs go bye-bye.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Maybe a power-level with plenty of support and a perfect group would be that fast, But I doubt a lot of people who this heroic offer was intended for(Im guessing newbies and returnees?) would have that option.

Getting another box up in 10-20 hours is probably possible(if you already have a functional crew), but getting a solo main up in level/gear, where you can pull your own weight in a group, I doubt it.

Im guessing that DBG hope that this offer will persuade people who aren't already playing EQ, to try it out, giving everyone yet-another-box is probably not what they are aiming for.

That said. I see posts on the forums from people who are surprised they can't solo with their new heroic character with ease without indepth knowledge of their class, so even if they bumbed heroics up to 95-100, they would most likely still need a "gentle introduction".
    Feerrott is suposed to be that for level 85, should they introduce a similar level 95 area? or would shards landing be suitable for that?
    Janakin likes this.
  11. Janakin Augur

MJ Guthrie - Author of Article
    it was all the information from official releases and sent from devs which was unclear and sounded like it would expire. Thanks so much for finding explicit clarification!