Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Roobi_AB New Member

Another disconnection during mid raid
    Raid canceled
    Thanks DBG !!
  2. Anhur Journeyman

Another Sundaay write off.

Amazing.
  3. NeverPayForLag Augur

That is a joke then. I have all equipment and tradeskill items splattered over many characters....
    If movement makes sense, then complete with everything.... really no real option here :(
  4. Alba New Member

DBG won't be reading this, they don't give a about the european player community :mad:
    Irrarr and Makta like this.
  5. hungryhalfling New Member

Is Vox better? Has anyone started up a toon over there and tried it out? Can we possibly receive a free transfer back on to AB in the future when it becomes playable again?
  6. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

I made a new char on Vox but can't really test end-game raiding this way... Anyway, at least for fresh starters there is no chat lag, no zoning lag, everything is as it should be.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

One of our guildies made a toon on vox, he said he experienced "slight" chat lag(around 10 secs, worst-case) there as well. Vox is a low-population server, who knows if it would get worse if every AB toon moved there...
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I have made a char there, and "played" a bit there too.
    Haven't actually moved any of my "big" ones though of course.
    It's sure playable, and - especially in comparison to this month's state of AB - almost issue-free.
    But i have experienced the same issues we're having on AB too, only on a much smaller scale.
    e.g. chat-lag in the tenth's of seconds to perhaps a second or two or so, instead of seconds to minutes.
    Stuff you do not worry about, unless "primed" by experiences on AB.
    You know: burnt child and that...

I would happily "move" there for a limited time, until AB were fixed.
    But since it's only a one-way move offer, it's a no-go for THIS player nonetheless.
    Not to mention possible naming issues...
    I do not want an "x" added to my name or having to choose a different one simply because the company running the game is unwilling or unable (can't tell which of the two were worse) to provide the serve we pay for AND unable or unwilling to provide a workaround for ALL it's customers - whether they're active, currently inactive, paying or free. ALL of them make up the "AB community".
    And i'll be damned if i take the "free offer" only to PAY for the move back once AB is (hopefully) fixed, only to raid in the meantime, but leaving people i group with behind.
    Makta and SHAME like this.
  9. Zhaunil_AB Augur

As Jumbur posted in another thread:
    Today's server-performance was good - again.
    But you know...
    We really need this stable, so the frustrated log back on again.
    So whatever it was that was giving us this much-needed respite that SUN two or three weeks ago and tonight:
    Keep it up, stable...
    Then we might recover before the next expansion and get ourselves ready for actual progression.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Cazmac Augur

I'm getting an unknown error, just trying to renew my second account subscription! It's been like it for days and I've tried all sorts so it's got to be at their end.
  11. tanith Augur

I got a new error today!
    (should we play error bingo - Vividor made some bingo cards in their other thread ....)

'string not found'
    During the 30+ minutes it took me to log out of baz, get booted to login screen, relaunch, have numerous errors, then finally get in to try & raid
    (alt took almost 40 mins for same)
  12. Makta Elder

And another round of disconnects. I love EQ, but I loathe this broken mess we on AB find ourselves in.

Make it go awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
  13. tanith Augur

And after managing just one event, another raid cancelled when we all got disconnected and it was taking folks forever (30 mins for me) to get back in.

Really?

Come on DB - we need to hear from you on this
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I sincerely hope that these issues with the logons on AB currently are a preparation for an issue-free raid-sunday for a change!

Right now, one account has been thrown from character-select back to server select with AB showing as down,
    while the other account's trader is all up and running in bazaar...
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

oookay...
    Now the 2nd account has been thrown off as well...
  16. Diani Augur

We have been upgrade to a potential issue ...
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

With being disconnected i think the issue is a bit more than "potential"...
    They could really rephrase that!
  18. Caiburn Tarew Marr '99

Damnit DB, COMMUNICATE. Talk to us, tell us something about the "progress" of fixing AB.

I want my pet back.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Cross posting from the patch thread, because this is the most recent news we have...

20. Zortex Journeyman

Today server seemed MUCH BETTER, what ever you guys did keep it up! :)

*I Play AB From California USA, Normally its Unplayable, but today it seemed MUCH better*
    Arraden likes this.