Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Gaol Journeyman

Forced to log off last night as it became unplayable on AB. Random disconnects, zones denying entry, and as others have said massive chat lag making co-ordination and communication impossible (and the impact that has on complex raid events).

I'm astonished that there hasn't been at least some kind of acknowledgement of this longstanding and serious issue.

Is this the kind of performance that we should expect from now on, or is something being done about it? Please give us an update.
  2. Kolbayn Journeyman

Tried a HA yesterday morning, long delay for each kill/collection to be updated ( almost gave it up because I thought it was bugged at one point ) and 5 mins of zoning time each time I used druid succor to get back to the hailing npc.
    It's bad enough doing a simple HA .. hate to think what raiding must be like atm .
  3. Mizar Lorekeeper

Whatever the issues are other than seriously affecting the gameplay for too long now, it's also causing instance artifacts (this morning doing "Artifacts -what a coincidence- of Great Importance" daily mission an item that should spawn to be picked after killing clicking 4 items didn't happen, those 4 item updates took several seconds to be accounted for which probably messed up the scripting, not a big deal, leve, repeat and done. But later on I tried to gate to my house with the secondary anchor and I got the report that it ws missing.

Being sadly used to anchor misbehaving last months (multiple guildies have lost their anchors, or had to replant them) I went to my house (plenty of escrow left) and yard items were there (probably stored on guild plot recordset) but inside my house there was nothing (probably stored on a player recordset, not an expiration, lose permission steal issue).

Too bad it didn't surprise me, some months ago our guild lost the entire content of the hall, and we had to dig ourselves on the layouts and individually petition for all the missing items, a lot of work for us and GMs -they were ultimately nice working along us to restore all/most of the items, but it was a painstalking procedure for both sides.

I've just petitioned, but I fear 17 years of memorabilia and trophies are lost, and all I will be to be able to recover are the fewer items I have on a 6 months old automatic layout, that will NOT include more than 300 items stored in the closet, and that I will have to try to dig myself on the layouts to individually make a list of items to be restored, unless they have worked out a way to recover the data from somewhere else since then.
    tanith likes this.
  4. Tinihenax New Member

Last night on AB the lag caused a simple TBM HA to break since the last chest didn't appear. This also happens to be a needed HA to progress into TBM. What a joke.
  5. Adroxia Elder

All the lag and everything is still happening. Seems rather like a deaf ear to our complaints, but may as well continue to post when I remember because it's still not improving.
  6. Adroxia Elder

Yep, still no better, in fact tonight it's worse after the server "maintenance".
  7. Sheev Lorekeeper

Its an absolute disgrace on AB server. Chat lag, huge zone times. Something really, really needs to be done. It's very difficult and sometimes impossible to actually play the game that we pay for, you know, that pays your wages........
  8. daBlubb Elder

Sending a tell or talking in a channel. > Up to 20 secs before you get your own tell echo.
  9. Adroxia Elder

20 seconds is on the good side!

Some points I have time to type out 5 separate lines of chat text and raid instructions before the first has appeared! Up to a minute delay is not unknown. I'm guilty of spam when they all appear instantly together.
  10. Sheev Lorekeeper

Don't forget the revolving door of LD's on zoning as well. Such fun you provide us with DB.
  11. douxreve Elder

Raids are not possible without any communication= 3 min for a tell...
  12. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

This is still an ongoing issie. Please uppgrade our poor server or whatever is needed to make it work properly. :/ Are there any plans in looking into this even? It's been many months of the same. Would surely appreciate any type of response or at the very least acknowledgement that it is known by the devs... preferably with a fix incoming on a certain day in the near future.
  13. Gaol Journeyman

The same depressing problems last night on AB. Huge lag on communications and zoning. Can we please get some kind of communication on this issue?
  14. Adroxia Elder

It's Sunday, so it's a new week on AB and the lag is as bad as ever.

Subtle hint - we're not joking or making this up. Can't 1 of you just get online and join our raid one day and observe it. You really really can't pretend you haven't heard about this.
    Thoxsel likes this.
  15. lolly Elder

I think its fair to say , as its been going on for ages now, that they have no intention of fixing it - whether because they don't know how, too expensive, too time consuming or whatever. The total lack of dev comment here is telling.
    Imrahil and Thoxsel like this.
  16. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Please devs, what's going on? :/
  17. Nyane Journeyman

Still have the same lag - every day but more often when it's busy. Today on raids about half of the raid went LD because we all tried to zone at once... Please fix this :(
  18. Sheev Lorekeeper

Another raid evening, same issues, same non-acknowledgement from DB.....
  19. Imrahil Augur

DBG, this has been going on for far too long. You have blatantly ignored the European player base to a point where people start to dwindle away, because there is not much fun in having to wait 30 seconds and more for tells to go through, to watch 20% of the raid go LD after zoning, for obvious delays on triggering disciplines on the serverside (thus tankin dieing) etc. etc.
    Seriously: if you told us to just bugger off, that would at least be honest.
    My own time in EQ is coming closer to an end than ever before because I am simply not bothering to put effort into a game where the company that gets my MONEY does not bother to provide adequate service or at least acknowledges that there is an issue.
    Pathetic!
    tanith likes this.
  20. Adroxia Elder

Just in case anybody is actually reading this stuff ... we are still having huge long delays on tells, raid window movements locking and unlocking, chat channel messages, and zoning. Oh and also bank window item movements, and many other areas.

Basically the problem we have been experiencing since about Christmas time, and which I first posted in this thread in February - well it's still there.

Just mentioning in case someone actually reads this.