Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Kyzvs Augur

Friday morning UK time - hardly peak hours I would guess. Constant chat lag, campfire creation delays, objest such as blackfeather nests not working.

I see this 'support' as what to expect in a F2P game so I'm not getting to annoyed about it until I get to the 250aa cap. If you don't fix it, there's no way I'm resubbing and levelling into the more populated areas to encounter this kind of server-related issues. I'd much rather start again on new toons than pay for a broken server.

I own a company that provides IT infrastructure design / scaling / DR / monitoring & management for much bigger systems than EQ - give me a call and we'll get it fixed!
  2. Jubura New Member

Still ongoing without any response from Dev's or customer service.

Sad.
  3. Imrahil Augur

Less posts here don't mean it is sorted. Just means people start to give up and leave the game.

A shame after so many years
  4. eliandra Elder

always no amelioration , no news from gm ... game unplayable during raid time with more and more chan lag
  5. Pootle Elder

I logged on two days ago and noticed slowness, so I timed some actions.

Alt joining group after pressing [Follow] on group invite --- around 45seconds
    Unsuspending merc showing up in group window --- a full minute
    Chats being sent to the /general chat --- again, around 45+ seconds.

Opened and sent a bug report.
  6. High Voltage Augur

7. Speathdell Journeyman

Today I stopped to renew the payment for my 6 accounts. I am sad about it, but with the constant lag it makes no sense to continue.
  8. Gaol Journeyman

It's really sad to read posts about people quitting because the server performance. I think what we all need is a bit of hope that something is being done and improvements are in the pipeline - but it has been absolute silence for months now.

I imagine in a few weeks there may be an announcement about a new expansion and the usual hard sell for players to buy it.

For those players on AB I imagine this will be a real test of whether they can carry on or not. Why on earth would you pay full price for an expansion that you can't properly enjoy because the server doesn't allow it?
  9. Deillusional Augur

Fix this already you had about half a year now.
  10. Adroxia Elder

At the moment probably half the raid community on AB is considering quitting, and many more will refuse to buy the expansion. My 3 alt accounts are free-to-play now, and I think I am probably 1 of many who will not buy any new expansion unless this server is fixed. If I last that long along with the rest of the raid community.

Been playing since March of 1999, and this is just beyond a joke now. We've had a promise of communication some 6 weeks ago, and heard nothing. We've had server issues since the start of the year, and no change. Sometimes it's better than others, but it's unpredictable and when it's bad it's close to being unplayable.

Communication becomes impossible in-game, and as a euro guild we have so many players of different languages that we cannot use voice.

I'm at a loss to know what to do any more, and why I have mostly stopped bumping this thread personally. I am worn out, and the lack of communication is just offensive.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Not sure if it is related to the original problem, but raidtool(and doors I think) was unresponsive for long periods of time, 5+ mins at least.

Oddly enough, chat was not as bad(just normal bad, 30-40-ish secs)...:confused:
  12. Asmadeus Journeyman

The door wouldn't have come back, this is another bug (probably just made easier to hit with the lag) because someone else clicked just as we were finishing loading zone (so our EQ client thought the door was closed but in game it was open) - we "just needed" to zone. This had happened before but never to ~10 peeps at once...

Not sure why tool didn't work for 5-10 minutes while chat worked though, that was totally new to me. Sure hope it won't happen again!
  13. Kyzvs Augur

Finally hit 250aa @ L65 on my 3 comeback toons over the weekend.

Had a dilemma as to subscribing to continue. DBG - the only reason I didn't is the lag issue. It's bad enough on my own in old empty zones (which fortunately I really like playing), having to get more involved with other people and battling through chatlag, clickylag, objectlag and group issues (my mercs are sometimes now taking 5-50 seconds to join the group when unsuspended when the lag is at its worst - long enough to have to recast several buffs that went through before I noticed) - I aint paying for that privilege.

So I re-rolled and have 3x level 12's working their way up. Hopefully the server will be worth my cash by the time this lot get to the AA cap ;)
  14. charla Lorekeeper

C.mon DBG rell us where you are up to with this please comm relations just a progress update please!
  15. Soju Elder

I also dropped the auto-renew on all of my 4 accounts. I will survive as FTP until its fixed or I quit all together.
  16. eliandra Elder

from gm :

17. Imrahil Augur

Not a very convincing "solution".
  18. Adroxia Elder

Utterly absurd and impractical "solution", demonstrating that not even a single brain cell understands how this game, server or community plays.
  19. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

From the gathered info I imagine the issue comes from bottlenecked inter-server communication between EU and US. Though other DBG games on non-US servers like H1Z1 should then be massively affected, too ... I wonder with all the recent data security improvements, if there is still any easy way to improve speed as well again.
  20. Vaako_SK Lorekeeper

Yet again so bad lag the game is unplayable :(
    You owe us better than this crap!