Massive pet destruction

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by disgruntled, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Febb Augur

Pets are temporary. Always have and always will be. They do not retain their gear upon death. If you rely on a pet to tank for your group then this is the risk you take when you gear the pet. This is the way it has been since 1999.

Should the developers have given us a heads up this would happen for this patch? Yes. However I'm not sure they even thought about it or didn't think changing the spells would kill all the pets.
  2. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

LOLZ
  3. Dre. Altoholic

It's a problem if pet classes are snatching up tank gear that would otherwise go to tanks.
  4. smash Augur

There nothing called tank gear... All gear can be used on everyone, almost that is.

And why should a person let loot go, if you Group with someone complete strange, you might never Group with Again ?

I for sure, would not just let some gear go, if I can win it, and I doubt a lot of other people will. To do that, would be stupid for yourself.
    fransisco likes this.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

6. smash Augur

7. Kimidri New Member

This reminds me years ago i had the same pet for about 3 weeks through raids and grouping for it to be killed by a patch that was a sad day lol
    disgruntled likes this.
  8. Piemastaj Augur

Well, considering I play a Magician this does affect me. Also considering a lot of the pet increases and upgrades I helped attain for Magicians and they have also trickled down to other classes as a result.

Pets are temporary, plain and simple. They are intended to die and for classes to remake them when that happens. There are much bigger things that need to be fixed with this game that would make far better use of peoples time to complain about.

Anyone (good or bad) is allowed to post on these forums also. Just because you did not like what is being said does not mean you need to put on your scary pants and start name calling. It happened, move on and complain about something that actually is broken not just missing pets.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. smash Augur

I also seriously doubt there a lot of tanks using those armor.
  10. lancelove Augur

Why is this thread still going, its totally stupid! ??
  11. disgruntled Augur

See, you can't relate. Most of us have to cast a spell on ourselves just to get an EM 18 pet.

Are you deliberately missing the point that it takes 5000 people to remake and rebuff, say 15000 pets? Even at your purported 3 mins. (that doesn't include buffing,) that's 3.7million person-hours (I must have had a math mistake!) Or can't you see beyond your own nose?
  12. Sancus Augur

15,000 pets at 3 mins a piece = 3.7 million person hours? sounds about right.
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

Actually, it is 37 million hours, he got the comma wrong. It translates to about 111 million workdays (assuming 8 hour workday), so it would be close to half the collective work effort of USA for a day. For pets resummoning. It is crazy.
    disgruntled likes this.
  14. Sancus Augur

Edit: Nvm, I'm fairly confident this is a joke.
  15. Febb Augur

And if you add in all the pets that were killed worldwide by this patch it's some where close to 3 billion hours. This is causing entire economies to come to a stand still, riots breaking out in the streets and cats living with dogs.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

It is. Just making up numbers and putting then into sentences makes me giggle like a little child. I am wierd that eay.

#sleeplessincopenhagen
  17. Cicelee Augur

Against my better judgment, I will bite.

What spell do you cast on yourself in order to obtain an EM 18 pet?
  18. disgruntled Augur

OK it's EM X13. Imprint of the enhanced minion. You can cast it on other people and it lasts 5 hours but not through death.
  19. disgruntled Augur

When a non-magician pet dies, necros and beasts don't just need weapons either. They need masks and jewelry and armor.

But hey, all that needs to come of this complaint is someone in the patch dept. saying, or even thinking, "We'll be more careful next time."
  20. Cicelee Augur

So basically making baseless claims with incorrect facts behind them. Gotcha.