Massive Nerfs Inc - Melee, Tanks, Berserkers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rorce, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voth Elder

Just leaving this here to show my feelings on the matter. Share, like and comment with your guildies!

[IMG]
    Jaylin, alidan, Harabakc and 10 others like this.
  2. Dre. Altoholic

I don't expect casters to rush to our defense. You guys have your own issues to sort out. I appreciate those who have offered constructive suggestions or support.

With the changes to Rest I'll be burning through my entire bar of endurance in approximately 8-11 mins. This is just for basic defensives and agro abilities, no LastStand or DPS stuff is included. Also specific to Warriors .... we are not a DPS class. If we have to spend a third of the time on our rears that means means nobody in the group is doing anything.

So just before the dawn of some abilities that might make Warriors more desired, EQ is given even more reason to go with Knight or pet tanks. Woe are we but the conversation can't just stop there.

I'm not entirely surprised if Rest is actually nerfed, but I'd be very disappointed if it is not accompanied by:
    • Base endurance costs of CAs drastically lowered (80% or more)
    • Significant Increase in endurance regen capacity (like 10x or more)
    • Either of these plus some other boost: faster refreshes, stacking, etc.
    We can complain about it or seize the opportunity to justify appropriate improvements. I choose the latter.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  3. Mediik Augur

I'd like a discussion about this with development before a character I've spent YEARS learning to play is fundamentally changed. I like to know the reasoning for nerfs and an hear what the expectation is for how each class should function.
  4. Ruven_BB Augur

Problem is this. Making players, groups, raids weaker then previous with stagnant new releases makes players that don't want to partake in the new content worse off.

Why many of us continue to play EQ is that our characters can progress, and still be viable with current content. If I wanted to reset my character each expansion, I'd play WoW.

Ruven
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Xanumbik Augur

I dont know why they would worry about these changes *now* however IMO the changes they are thinking about in BETA are r/t a lack of controlling gear/stat upgrades being MASSIVE over the years they should have redone gear stats/ spells and redone raid mobs DPS/Hps years ago. this feels like a way to control how fast things are completed without major overhauls of game.
  6. Ratbo Peep Augur

You say all this in "past tense"?
    Perhaps it was before my return, but what major nerf bat last hit Mages in recent history?
    -Rat
    (PS: Don't even go to the "beam thing". real Mages didn't beam for a living (group or raid) any more than real Rangers Headshotted for a living (group or raid). Those were both just exploited "parlor tricks".)
    Ravengloome likes this.
  7. Ionstorm New Member

I've only been back in the game for like, 45 days and I can tell the poster is a necro.
    Rorce and Ratbo Peep like this.
  8. Ratbo Peep Augur

Re-reading you're likely correct.
    I think my judgement was clouded by the issue in my next post down. :)
    -Rat
  9. Brosa Augur

The nerf boat has never been this big. Its more a nerf barge.

What Langya said is only part of the point. Nerfing is not the avenue to take to make content harder then what it is currently. Adjusting the difficulty of the content to compare to the abilities we have is how it needs to be done. Nerfs show us how little preparation soe puts into content. The less effort soe puts into content the more nerfs we see. Is it a huge surprise we are seeing large scale nerfs? For me no.

So they make rest strictly out of combat. Ok that increases downtime for the group but why the 29% limit? There really could have been a more subtle nerf to this if they insisted on it. Maybe keep it incombat capable but it ends once it hits 29% or make it strictly out of combat but leave no limit on the %. Its absurd to nerf it to the point we wont use it and go back to our previous end regen ability
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Serriah_Test Augur

I can honestly see the Rest nerf.
    It's to prevent... THIS! :)

Elricvonclief, Riou and Ratbo Peep like this.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I say the tanks and melee pullers of groups just stop using rest now; when we go OOE every 10 min or so say, "ok, endurance break be back in 5." In almost all groups that I pull in the only reason I can maintain any reasonable level of dps and still pull at a rate that keeps the group killing at a steady rate is because of Rest.

With the change, Rest is worthless. I mean come on Dev's grow a brain. I can use OOC regen to reach 25-30% faster than what Rest gets it there. If I can only use Rest while not fighting then there is no use in using it at all. The whole point of Rest was to give us a way to maintain a minimum amount of Endurance in order to function at the jobs we have which do not allow us the chance to obtain OOC or utilize it. It would have made a lot more sense to lower the cap on the different ranks of the Rest line than it does to make the buff remove itself when we do something.
  12. Rorce Augur

13. Iila Augur

There is some kind of huge plan for ULTIMATE GAME BALANCE in the works here. But between these nerfs and the deathbloom nerf, I'd argue that any plan that involves decreasing enjoyment and increasing downtime for such a large number of players via nerfs to non-OP abilities is fundamentally flawed in a pve game such as Everquest.

13/16 classes in game had power recovery methods that allowed them to recover after deaths in raids, or continue operating in exp groups with less downtime. Another way of saying that is "Those abilities let them continue playing the game". One of the worst experiences in any game is to not actually be able to play it while you're 'playing' it. These abilities are well loved across all their classes because they reduce or eliminate some of the least fun parts of the game, being helpless and waiting to be useful. Being able to recover enough to do SOMETHING is a far better experience than sitting there watching a timer tick away or a bar tick up extremely slowly.

When 13/16th of your game is able to get that positive experience, and the other 3/16ths keep requesting it. The correct response should be to give it to those 3, not remove it from the other 13.

There are plenty of ways to design challenging content with these abilities around, up to and including punishing or disabling their use in some encounters. But a wholesale nerf of what should be a baseline ability for all classes is not the way to do it.
  14. Naugrin Augur

LOL....ok now get George back to his desk and start threatening him unless he is typing furiously.
  15. Tarrin Augur

Man, as someone who's only played a druid I don't always understand the concept of getting nerfed.

All joking aside. This is horrible :\
    Ravengloome likes this.
  16. Delbaeth Elder

I thought the game was more fun log ago before out of combat regen, before respawning with your armor on and your spells memorized ready to go. Choosing when to use abilities was important as resources were limited by more than just re-use timers. There was more thinking and less button mashing. Raids didn't need outrageous run away wipe mechanics because ressed players did not jump back in the fray like a unsquished looney toons characters.

The pace now is frenetic. No time for talk or strategy, just pull and bash as fast as can be. xp/hour and parse statistics are the arbiters of victory. No wonder people call it a grind.
    Engineer likes this.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Hrm, no one even brought up the fact that with the nerfs to rest and to wizards that the DPS mercs are going to be able to out-sustain them by a significant margin. Those are going to need a tune down as well.
  18. Tarrin Augur

OOC regen doesn't stop you from talking, going over strats, or make more button mashing.
  19. Harabakc Augur

In a raid environment, "a few minutes" is quite possibly 8+ minutes if you want your endurance back. That's IF you can get out of combat.
  20. alidan Lorekeeper

the only nerfs i was in favor of was the ones that kill abilities that openly screw me. like headshot, fire c1 or 2 was basically always held down by a ranger.

outside of that i always wanted bufs instead of nerfs to compensate.
    tanks take massive damage, well give them a boost, not nerf pets.
    berserkers dps is lacking in sustain, let decap do proportionate dps, lower level mobs get a modifier to do more, mobs same level it does less, think a thunderfoot, and mobs higher level let it to more out of desperation.

rouges want to do more dps, give them a passive ability that you click to activate like a familiar, it takes no resources, but the downside is it increases hate... there fixed melee classes for you (would need to tool with it a bit, but yea)

you want to kill wizard dps by nerfing claw, fine, take away prolonged destructions mana increase, or at least let free casts work with it, because as it stands that will never get hit again.

a blanket nerf on everyone like this just screws us all and there is as far as i can tell no reasoning for it yet

its not hard, its just a grind that i dont like. people who find it hard shouldnt get a voice for new content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.