Massive Nerfs Inc - Melee, Tanks, Berserkers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rorce, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alidan Lorekeeper

like i said, they dont want the classes nerfed, they want a buff but the dev logic is nerfs all around.

no you thank the devs for interpretation the complaining as nerf them instead of buff me.
  2. Langya Augur

Its easier to destroy than to create.
    Leerah and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

When they nerf pets in June/July: Your tune is going to change.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. hakmer Augur

hate to say it but with rest and burst dps gutted.. might as well get rid of the berserker class.. it's useless if this goes live. won't be able to compete with mercs much less other classes. Who wants to play a dps class that can't you know.. DPS?
  5. bosspgp Journeyman

Once a warrior dies he is going to be out of commission for a while with this change. No longer rushing to get back on your feet so you might have a chance at saving the raid. Instead you might as well go to the guild hall so the creatures don't ae or rampage you and cause you to lose your regen..
  6. Dandin Augur

What I want to know is the following.

A) Why nerfs? come on you said you would communicate with your player base
    B) Four Day beta? Really?
    C) Can i disregard your reality and substitute my own?

I'm not one to get upset over changes. but really. after this,.. after all the waiting and wringing my hands for new content.. i see.... NERFS. oh and i guess you get a raid too!..

I just find it ironic that there is more content currently on live, with the anniversary content then there is on beta with COTF tier 2
  7. Tobin Augur

isn't this suppose to be in the beta forum - SoE asked that you limit discussion of Beta items to that forum - Where is the mod when we need them?
  8. Rorce Augur

It's not Beta content. It's changes to content that went Live long ago.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Harabakc Augur

If this was supposed to be beta only, why're they gimping 4 classes in the beta? We're supposed to test with gimpy versions of ourselves? It wouldn't be there if it wasn't planned on being pushed live.

This makes recoveries after death harder than it already was. Hope you like trying to get out of combat for 5+ minutes to regen endurance, and don't expect warriors to be able to rebuff and go back to doing their job after a death.
  10. Killstrike Journeyman

come on folks.. everyone asked for this.. constant complaining about other classes.. you knew it was gonna get nerfed at some point.. anything that you consider good for your class, someone else considers overpowered.. which results in a nerf... its been like this since eq came out.. why is is such a suprise now? lol.. anyway.. im out.
  11. Harabakc Augur

People have been asking for melee nerfs? From the classes that are already several steps behind casters? Really?
  12. Brogett Augur

I don't understand the change to Furious Rampage. It was previously listed as 84s by the parser (it's wrong btw, but not by a lot). Monk destructive force was 36s max, with a new one listed at 48s. They appear to be working on a rogue one (not to be released with the launch of tower of rot, but later I think) called Rake's Rampage maxing out at 60s (my parse demonstrated it as 50s, around 50% more piercing swings to one target and more obviously if multiple targets).

They appear to be happy with how these effects work, that they hit the primary target in addition to other targets (some of us assumed that was unintentional, but hard to code around so left in), and hence are rolling it out to a 3rd class (was MNK, then BER, soon ROG). So why then are they simultaneously nerfing the duration on the berserker one?

What I hope to happen: berserker duration is changed back, or at least all 3 changed to be the same middling figure of 50s say. (What I expect to happen, MNK and the as yet not in game ROG one similarly gets the nerf :/.)

Edit: one thing is clear here - number of ranks matter. The berserker one is going up by the minimum increment it can (raw base of 1 and 2). Therefore more ranks means it *has* to be better pretty much, unless they add something else. Seems.. odd!
  13. Brogett Augur

Certainly not for rog nerfs! We're bottom of the pile for melee atm.

Berserkers have (had?) a clear forte - short duration burst they were kings. Maybe people were jealous. However on long duration events their short burst became eclipsed by others including hybrids. I've seen rangers and beastlords both up there matching the "pure dps" (ie dps with no other purpose) classes.

We don't really need ANY melee nerfing IMO.
    Elricvonclief, Harabakc and Rorce like this.
  14. Songsa Augur

The only reason i see the nerf of duration (and i'm not saying here it should be nerfed) is rampage working only for primary hand you have more dps return for a 2h user than a dual weilder. BUT bers have high endu consumption (new rest will cripple them) and don't have very good sustained dps so i would let things and not nerf their rampage duration unless they have new AA to compensate their lack of sustained dps.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

Fine, cool, whatever. Make Rest useless.

Now, divide all of my endurance ability costs by 25, halve the recast timers, let us stack multiple disciplines and double all endurance regen abilities.

That'll pretty much be where we wanted things in the first place and the modrod giving endurance idea would work pretty well.

And take the slow component away from rez effects
    Szan, beryon, Rorce and 3 others like this.
  16. Harabakc Augur

Or hell, announce the idea behind some of it in the first place... and you don't have a reason to run around banning dozens of people from the forums.

Or maybe they will if we really did know why... lol.
    alidan likes this.
  17. iniari-TR Augur

ok.

no time to finish new spells / AA for tower of rot.
    no real new content. - 1 zone . some HA.s and 1 raid.

plenty of time nerf the heck out of all of the classes. :mad:
  18. Uuvin Augur

I have been playing since nov 30, 1999. I have only missed a few days online doing something. just let them do what they want with EQ and if its not what you like, quit. that's my plan. I play - I love it. when I no longer do, im done. /shrug.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  19. Edrick Augur

I can find a way to deal with it. I don't take changes to my class as a personal insult directed towards me.
    Elricvonclief and Tarvas like this.
  20. Serriah_Test Augur

What if I changed the Brell's line to the "Edrick Sucks" spell line? :)
    /ooc MGB Edrick Sucks in lobby!
    ;)

As for the disc "rest"... as an SK... I don't really use it much. There are rare times where I have to rotate my defensive discs back to back and do a burn at the same time, but I'm usually left with 10% and don't mind sitting a few minutes after that.

I can see the melee DPS group not liking it, but I have a feeling this will end in something like shamans or bards or chanters (or all 3) being given back their endurance restoration line of spells.

Edit - may as well address the rest of the nerfs.

Mage heals getting buffed.
    Yah. I can see them not allowing players and mercs to heal a pet. This would take down the mage's ability to have heals, DPS and Tanking all rolled in one.

Now if they could just boost EVERYONE's base mitigation while wearing a shield and then boost 2 hand damage so we aren't ALWAYS using a shield, thing may get back to normal.. or at least make sense
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.