Massive LD during GMM 3 Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, May 13, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

This happened to anyone else?

You're rebuilding ballistas and when you fire and the boss mob comes down....10-15 people instantly LD...

We clear all the content, this massive LD is unique to this target for us. We raid on Xegony.
  2. Daedly Augur

I don't know the exact point it happens, but I have had this happen to me in the group mission numerous times. To the point where I am hesitant to even run the mission. Maybe they are some how related.
  3. Sancus Augur

We haven't experienced this. It's been laggy as hell at times (like many raids), but no mass LD's.

(Not sure that's helpful, but I thought it's worth mentioning since we're on Xegony as well).
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Allayna Augur

Ty for the response, it's noticeable and all at the same time, people who usually don't have connection or lag issues.
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Should also be noted, it’s not the same number of people every week, typically 7-13. Also not the same people either, but it is 100% when we “fire” the ballista...
  6. Axxius Augur

We've had a similar thing happen during the PoSmoke raid last week. And at random times before that too. It's not specific to any particular event. Sometimes a bunch of people just get disconnected from the game for no reason. My guess is network issues at Daybreak.
  7. Nniki Augur

We haven't seen anything in a while afaik, but I believe we had that sort of thing happen once in both End of Empire and The Sathir Line raid events last year sometime.
  8. svann Augur

We did gmm3 tonight and didnt see that afaik.
  9. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I was one of the ones that crashed tonight in raid. And it was a complete crash to desktop for that window. But the other two accounts that were logged in on the same computer and in PoK didn't have an issue.

I will say that in going back into the game on that account, the account gave me the standard "you have a toon logged into the world" message but it cleared much faster than normal (I tried immediately...since you know...we had a raid going:)
  10. Bigstomp Augur

I have not seen it. Although I did see something similar on casual raids last week. We were doing Goro, we had not started yet but were gathered and buffing. Then boom, about 15 people locked up/had to restart EQ.

My guess would be a graphics bug, seeing some illusion/aura/nimbus/armor/ect that is new.

And this is purely anecdotal, but just before i locked up some bard ran in front of me and had this aura of swords around them I had never noticed before.
  11. Mintalie Augur

No LDs, but the entirety of the GMM raid zone on BB last night was horrific with lag. Absolutely horrific.
  12. Axxius Augur

Yes, that's what happened to us as well. EQ just closes, instantly, without any message, for multiple random people. As if they all /quit.

Really weird bug.
  13. Threve New Member

I rarely lag out on any event, but this event has constantly given me lag to the point of near disconnect. It quickly catches up however like a typical spike bit seems to last around 4 - 6 seconds of nothing. Terrible.
  14. svann Augur

I did have some lag on gmm1. The mechanics seemed to be bouncing all over the place, and bard channel text was coming way late.
  15. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Sounds like what used to happen with that Tower of Rot mission, A Rotten Heart, when the quest would update at the step for Defeating Adana Baxter, and it would crash people to desktop immediately with no error reporting window.