Mass pull tanking/snap aggro

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by mmofosho, Jun 22, 2015.

1. mmofosho Lorekeeper

I've recently been doing large pulls for tear fragments, leveling lowbies etc., and AE'ing mobs down, which is going well for the most part. However, I have a couple of questions about getting aggro quickly on my warrior, and tanking 20+ light blue/blue mobs effectively.

First off, I typically use wade into battle, hit area taunt and rampge/the ae blades atk (can't remember the name atm), but I still sometimes have an issue where the gang of mobs catches up to me, my merc healer heals, and gets stomped. Any tips on how to grab aggro extremely quickly on a large group of mobs?

Second, when tanking these mobs, I generally use last stand, no time to bleed, and a few other things, but I'm not sure what the ideal combination of discs is to tank all of these mobs for 30-40 seconds until the rest of the group AE's the mobs down.

Any thoughts?
  2. Repthor Augur

first of all u should be useing NTTB for low con mobs. mitigation discs dosent scale down very well and your likly alreaddy takeing lower end of the spectrum DI hits and say defensive isent gonna do you much good over defensive proffichancy . but NTTB will give you alot more active dmg reduction. but it only lasts for 300 recived hits so it will go down pretty fast tanking 20 mobs but it whouldent be much of a problem if they are light blue

second of all when your useign wade in to battle.. you need to understand it only last a short time 1 minute so if you pop it when your out gathering mobs it could have a chance to run out b4 your get back to camp and they all come running in. so dont pop wade untill your back in camp and mobs are mostly gathered up. also make sure when you pull that you gather the mobs up b4 you get to camp so u avoud haveing the trickling in effect(pathing issues). so make a lap or 2 b4 you stop to make sure all the mobs are in a big nice clump.

useing AE taunt here wont do you much good wade will take care of most of your aggro issues. the way wade in to battle works is it gives you more aggro the more mobs that are hittign you (has a chance to proc for eatch melee swing that hit you) more mobs = more aggero and u can as u said cycle in stormstrike blades

wade in to battle is as close to an I win botton for AE aggro as you will get on big pulls but has a 5 minute coooldown. you should also use Roar of Challenge its not as much aggro as stormstrike blades but it is on a diffrent time and will hit up to 5 mobs or as many mobsuntill it lands on 5 or is resisted on all the mobs the aggro effect applys even if its resited
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If your only goal is finishing the tear and you're solo-ish, consider flipping that sarith instance as well. Mobs die a lot quicker than global.
  4. Brohg Augur

The agro things you list are point blank range. Wade, on top of being point blank, only does anything once you've begun tanking. If you take hits while pulling and get healed before the mobs are on you, the healer will have agro, and there isn't you can do about it since you're not a Shadowknight. Passive the merc, do your pulling. When the mobs come in, hit Cyclone & Rampage, turn on Wade, take a hit or two as you turn on the merc. Pop Flash of Anger if you need, to let merc's heal land. Mostly, don't get hit while you're pulling, and try to get the mobs all in at the same time instead of straggling in & missing the point blank hates.
  5. Koryu Professional Roadkill

If you're mass pulling and taking hits while rounding the mobs up, you can activate NTtB while you're still running around gathering your victims up. The crowd of mobs is more likely to break through the rune's hit counters than the buff is to fade based on time limit, so you don't have to worry about it expiring early anyway. You didn't mention activating Rage of the Forsaken, which would amplify your hate generated if you really seem to be having trouble keeping aggro, but probably isn't necessary. Mostly it will be about timing, the judgement of which becomes difficult if you're pulling a large enough train that the zone begins to get buggy and the mobs have to run over you a few times before actually engaging in melee.