Mass Killing (all varieties), the EULA, and <YOU>

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Decimator2, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decimator2 New Member

No references to any specific classes will be mentioned so this discussion can't get derailed by any discussions about whether or not anyone is crying for nerfs.

EULA: Play nice policy sub-rule 6

I really hate to create a second thread on this topic, but with the previous one deleted and no changes on the horizon to deal with this either individually or targeted specifically against the skills that make these hunting styles possible, it does need some degree of visibility from the developers. When one character engages too large a group of monsters (referred to by many as a "swarm"), the inevitable result with a pull large enough is terrible zone latency that is pull-size dependent. The bigger the pull, the worse the lag. Get enough mobs and you end up with a never-ending "rubber-banding" that basically makes mobs' movement slow to a hiccup-y crawl. Unfortunately, this lag is not limited to one person, one area, or one group of monsters. It affects the entire zone.

In the spirit of full disclosure I have many characters in the 90+ bracket. I personally own and play each and every class that is capable of this type of hunting. I play in my own instances were the lag generated does not affect others. On the rare case where I do it in open zones, I either invite anyone in the zone to soak in the xp or make sure the zone is completely empty. Unfortunately, not everyone is so polite. On my server in particular (Bertox), Evantil the vile oak has been all but unplayable for large chunks of time because of a few inconsiderate crews who prefer to hunt in this and only this way.

Please either upgrade server stability or start taking meaningful action against repeat offenders. Other fixes have been applied to this kind of problem in the past, but nobody wants that.
  2. Mellifleur Augur

this is definitely a major issue on bertox
  3. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I haven't read the "other" read, but it seems to me that disrupting a popular zone is simply a customer service issue. I feel it's up to SoE to decide how to handle an issue that gets /petitioned a lot.

I'm on Bertoxxulous too and simply avoided that zone when I found it to be extremely laggy, not realizing it was caused by zone disruption. I would definitely play in that zone if it weren't so laggy whenever I go there. If you see me online when this is happening, send me a /tell, and after seeing for myself, I'll probably add my /petition to the chorus.
  4. Battleaxe Augur

I'm not a forum moderator, but isn't creating multiple threads about the same topic, particularly in responce to one already being deleted non-constructive posting as described by the forum guidelines? OP like some rule lawyering while ignoring other rules?

Monopolizing most of the kills in an area - in order to monopolize there really needs to be something resembling competition for the spawns. A level 70 group capable of killing 1 mob every 5 minutes surely can't complain about a level 100 group killing many many more per minute. I'd like half the mobs in the zone kplsthnx - I don't think so.

INTENTIONALLY causing latency. Read the Fine Manual. It's causing latency for the express purpose of harrassing other players that's prohibited.

"Previous one [BA: thread] deleted" and very probably petitions regarding the subject denied. <- a clue. It appears given SOE's response the situation you've encountered can easily be addressed be players themselves. If a zone is camped by 1 or by 15 groups and as a result things are dead and there's some lag....YOU need to find an alternative place to hunt.

Or you could petition and use that outcome to decide what to do the next time the situation occurs.

Slyly suggesting that SOE nerf all of the classes that can kill multiple mobs - well played sir.
  5. SOE-MOD-02 Augur

Please do not re-post previously locked or removed threads. If you disagree with moderation, please contact the forum admin as suggested within the SOE Forum Guidelines.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.