Marketplace's Winter Frontier Shack and also Door graphics pure black

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vlad Diszno, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Vlad Diszno Augur

Both these items display as all black in the marketplace preview.
    I recall the shack I bought a year ago displayed strangely at that time. It was lacking all the wood coloring and texture so looked all white-ish. It has since gone to all black.

Kinda sad that being an item that costs DBC cannot be fixed in the course of a year.

I had actually considered using it for blackness in lieu of multiple Paintings, but figured it would change on me at some point. Plus is not a cheap way to have black in housing.

Another item I've noticed of late that is all black when placed is the Firiona Vie Statue from loyalty vendor, despite it previewing properly for me.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is the first I heard of this!
    I sent a note to our art team after confirming it. I get pale blue instead of black, but the gist is. Yes, there is something wrong with the textures!
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If I may horn in and be an annoyance. As I don't speak for Neko Zero, but don't expect he's watching either.

These are part of a set that include several pieces that share textures. At one time we tried to save space in a variety of ways, including using shared textures.

If I had to guess, something is referring to a texture name that matches the .obj model name, rather than the shared texture.

Just a guess.

**edit**
    The items in question would be:
    Winter Frontier House
    Winter Frontier Shack
    Winter Frontier Wall
    Winter Frontier Corner Wall
    Winter Frontier Door

(the stove does not share textures, that I can see).
  4. Lingum Elder

I have experienced the statue do that as well on some computers I play on. Another item that does this is the statue in the standard guild hall, so it is clearly something wrong with the textures on one of my machines (or a friend's machine).