(Marketplace) Possibly not unpopular request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thundersnake, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Thundersnake Elder

I would love to see All Heritage Crates, and LoN packs up for purchases more often and on sale if possible during Anniversary/Xmas time. Let us spend more money =-). I realize the psychological effect of "Limited Time offer" and artificial rarity are also selling points. But just more often would be greatly appreciated, also announcing it a month or so ahead of time so we can reserve disposable income for it would also be greatly appreciated. Feel free to cite this post in case you get any flack for doing it this way.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

Queue the "It's gambling" posts...
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I believe they have offered 2 or 3 past Heritage Crates immediately before and/or immediately after Christmas Day.

The long rotation helps with sales. If they are too frequently in the shop, people won't feel a sense of urgency (panic buy).
    Sissruukk likes this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Isn't it interesting that we know it's an artificial shortage and yet, we still fall for it.

Not me of course.
    Benito and Nadisia like this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Heh heh yeah I tend to ignore that sort of stuff. The last time I let a marketing gimmick get me was for Maxwell House coffee

How could you watch that commercial and not buy some Maxwell house coffee.
    Zamiam likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm still waiting for my jester pet illusion!
  7. Vlad Diszno Augur

It would be nice if they could make and share with us a schedule of the stuff they will rotate in. It would beat having to frequently check what happens to be available each rotation.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

Usually I just save up my DBC for a hero forge or merc unlock, or like at christmas I bought a bunch of holiday decor for my house.

However, I have 3 paid accounts and have used my 500 DBC on all each time the human crate was available to try to get the Qeynos Strider and since on the Oathbound crate to get the Wrulon Guardian. Nada.

These crates are trash. I wish they would make the crate open a reward screen where you pick the item you want, or control rarity with set prices.

But really, the entire concept takes a great big brown emoji on the lore. Too many non-quested items, too many people with illusions they didn't earn. Etc. This is still a subscription based game, and making these crates is a cop-out to making quests and tasks to earn them and show off your work in the game.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Crates are a stream of revenue. Luckily for us, they only sell cosmetics and not power (for the most part) through the crates.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

Not sure where you are coming from on this, because when the dwarf crates come out, you will get dwarf power!
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

LoN packs are not worth it at all, there is too much rubbish in them, really wish if they are going to continue with them that the either upgaded the 300 HP gear that is in them or increase the stats. I have potions coming out my ears, but never seem to get the illusions or pet illusions. :rolleyes: Familiars are just as useless and should be changed to petamorphs.