Marketing Campsign Efficacy: Effect of Anniversary on Subs.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minimind, Apr 6, 2020.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

I've seen maybe 100 threads over the last couple months from forum posters suggesting that DPG should run this promotion or that discount to get more people to re-subscribe to the game. I had always taken those posts with grains of salt, but then my own situation began staring me right in the face.

My (wife's) shaman box had her EQ BDay last week. (I love the rainbow name thing.) It looks like we started that account during the Anniversary events. Yesterday was my main's (Lilbraen) birthday. I likely created him during the anniversary events 15 years ago.

And then an old guildie logged on. And then another one. And now I'm thinking-- just how strong is that EQ Anniversary pull?

So, to the DPG team: Are you willing to run some queries to sate some curiosity?

1. How many level 110+ characters were created in March/April of any year?
    2. Does March/April consistently sees the most new account creations compared to the rest of the year?
    3. (A harder query) - How many accounts are logged into during March/April after having been dormant for 6+ months? Is it more than the other months?

If the numbers are good, then maybe it would be beneficial to launch similar offerings for dormant/new accounts during the other seasonal events (Frostfell, etc.).
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It has little to nothing to do with in-game events but everything to do with a real life one.
    Barraind likes this.
  3. forum troll Elder

EQ can drink now! Surely people will return
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Zermixer New Member

Its hard to say if its the Anniversary or the 6 billion people being told to stay home because of a global pandemic. Maybe a little more data and we can pinpoint this uptick.
    eepok likes this.