Market place sale next few days

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Loratex, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

2 hours on each sale at 9 am 1 pm and 4 pm...
    what is wrong with you people? this is probably one of the worst things ive ever heard. Oh hey we are gonna have sales on stuff but we are only gonna do it while people are at work.
    /rude
    Geroblue and Felicite like this.
  2. Braveheart Augur

They have to do random screenshots of activity to supply to shareholders and to estimate thier activity. By trying to increase activity at these times, they appear to have higher activity, therefore showing higher numbers.
    Kirbane and Pizacatto - CT like this.
  3. Pizacatto - CT Augur

This is smartest and most insightful view into why these things happen. I'm glad someone else knows why this happens instead of ranting about various conspiracy theories why it happens.

Seriously, this is probably the most likely scenario.
    Kirbane likes this.
  4. maverick Elder

if that were the case then I don't understand why they would not make the offer during the highest play time.
    That would give that screenshot all the people that are already there plus the extras that wouldn't normally log on, but are off work or school so since the sale is only that hour they log on=providing shareholders with the best possible activity screenshot
  5. Notinterested Augur

Your magelo sig is Arthas from the warcraft games? I am confused at that choice.
  6. Braveheart Augur

Because they can not show peak times for all samples. They have to take off peak times as well to give a more realistic ave. They are trying to increase activity for slow day parts.
  7. Braveheart Augur

I could lie and say it is because of the back story--which I do like--but I just like the picture.
  8. Ghubuk Augur

Where was this announced? I can't seem to find it.
  9. Riou EQResource

In-game Message of the Day
  10. Falos Augur

First sale: half-price 16/18/20 slot bags and 40 slot tradeskill bags - junk.
  11. Brohan07 Journeyman

I would love to be able to access marketplace outside of the game through a web interface... cough... like at work :). Heck would love the ability to browse the /baz from a web interface while at work, to see what is for sale... maybe buy something and it goes to parcel and then later on the day I can log in and get it. Now that would be a service.
    Felicite and Kirokan like this.
  12. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Combine it with a station cash sale and I might be interested in some of these sales. ;)
    Felicite likes this.
  13. Shanaie Lorekeeper

I'd like this too but I don't see it happening. This seems like it would be tied to the web platform and apparently the EQPlayers/web functionality will get done when the one person web team graduates from DeVry or whatever. Doesn't seem to be much of a priority (probably because no one can figure out how to monetize it).
  14. Abazzagorath Augur

Its more likely due to the simple fact that whoever is responsible for implementing the sale works a normal shift. Same reason GM events are almost always during prime raid time, because those are volunteers with real jobs who do it after work.
  15. Geroblue Augur

That would get me fired if I tried that.
  16. Ronak Augur

Fortunately, nothing that anyone wants was on sale yet. Maybe tomorrow!
  17. Leerah Augur

I bought 2 draughts of the craftsman at half price. They have to keep the retired, disabled and unemployed players occupied during the day. Be glad you all have jobs.
  18. Ataal Journeyman

Regardless of the reasons they chose these times, it doesn't excuse a poorly planned sale. The unemployed, retired, and disabled are, by far, the least likely candidates to use Station Cash purchases. I guess I'll look forward to seeing what both people bought while I was at work....