Marie Fay you sexy thing!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Complicit_Drakkin, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Complicit_Drakkin New Member

o_O
    Ok, so what is the special attraction to this gnome vendor in Brell's Rest? I couldn't really find quests related to her that would explain her apparent popularity on the server Im on. I tend to go to Brell's Rest daily to do the kill quests and Berrina's group tasks; I always notice a gaggle of naked drakkin toons gathered there. Every now and again Ill see a geared toon by the gathering, but on the 2 occasions I asked why theyre always by this npc, I got no answer and everyone disappears... atleast for the time Im in zone.
    Ive noticed lately, that the naked drakkin are now almost to my current level(100), but theyre still naked and still gathering around Marie Fay.
    LOL, so is there some quest Marie Fay is a part of or is she just a popular gnome that attracts perv Drakkin?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

OMG! I thought I was the only one. Its been going on for at least a year . The first group I saw were there 24/7 and did not seem to do anything. I too sent them tells but go not response so after a few months of checking that they never moved I asked in chat. They disappeared soon after that. But another group started it up again. Again they start out with very little armor and way below the level for that zone.

This is on Tunare - which server is yours?

Marie seems to have a large amount of glow stones or glow gems each time I check so I think they are farming something nearby. Defiantly not foraging cause brell's bounty is about the only forage in that zone and those you can pick off the ground.
    Complicit_Drakkin likes this.
  3. Complicit_Drakkin New Member

I'm on the Trak server. I too have rummaged through Marie Fay's wares, but to no avail. I've given her dirty looks and accusingly questioned her about her relationship to soooo many different naked Drakkin males. Marie Fay is stoic in her resolve to protect her customers/friends?! Oh well, I was just curious about the Super Secret quest she's seemingly a part of.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  4. code-zero Augur

She sells bone chips
  5. Complicit_Drakkin New Member

Yes, I noticed that when I rifled through her stuff. However, I don't think that's the cause for her popularity. What are they doing with all those bone chips( they're naked drakkins)?
  6. code-zero Augur

The bone chip quests in either Felwithe or Kaladim. Load up on them and port over two or three times a day and I believe you can level all the way to 100+ if you have the patience for it.
    Complicit_Drakkin likes this.
  7. Complicit_Drakkin New Member

It should read CSI under your tag not augur... I appreciate the information. There goes my conspiracy theory about shenanigans in the Underfoot courtesy of Madam Marie Fay. Next time I go to Brell's Rest, I will apologize for harassing her so often. Thanks again.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The group on Tunare disappeared within 2 days of these posts and have not returned. I don't think its the bone chip quest.;) Marie looks put out with only Nogol for company.
    potatoface likes this.
  9. Numiko Augur

Bone Chip and other newbie hand in quests that give exp were heavily nurfed a few years back due to abuse of them on the TLP servers. Don't think they are effective ways to get your toon to max level anymore.
  10. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Getting to 100+ using bone chips would send a mega giant blinking red flag to DBG's due to the sale of Millions upon millions of Bone Chips per day. So I dont think its the Bone chips.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

And if it is, imagine the Carpal Tunnel issues.
    Gherig likes this.
  12. code-zero Augur

A big flashing red light may well be why they aren't there anymore. Should the player have been using some automated script to purchase whole inventories of bone chips then doing the turn ins them carpal tunnel would be no problem and they could leave it running for long periods
    potatoface likes this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

Here's a fun thought. Create something very tempting like bone chips for exp. and give it a diminishing return so that you can never actually reach your goal by doing it. Suck the botters in and run them dry. A sort of sting operation. Sort of like Tears of Alaris, but magnified many times. See how long the cheats would stay at it.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  14. KarmaKitty Augur

Nice idea Nennius. The quest gives fixed experience, so it will naturally have a diminishing impact as one levels.

Could they be trying to quickly max AAs for FTP ? AAs initially get a massive XP boost (or at least did at one time) and its not like you are after 1000s FTP.