Marcia 2.0

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Does anyone know which items were added to Marcia? Does the "Buy Back" test still work? (If she is able to buy an item, she has the possibility of selling that particular item). Can anyone test a Mask of Tinkering, Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher, or Heart of Fungus?

In my opinion, I have mixed feelings on Marcia. I feel that Marcia has watered down the rare item market. No longer is there limitless value or prestige to Sceptre of Destruction, Salindrite Dagger, or Manastone. Demand is capped at Marcia's price and prestige is blaise. (Without Marcia, one might expect to see people transacting dozens of Krono for some items). On the other hand, it's nice to see a Firestorm Cape within reach again. I am a bit hopeful that Marcia's new offerings are more restrained to PoM Cards or the like.
  2. Riou EQResource

She res-pawned 8 cycles or so so far since the Test patch that added new items, and only one new one was found in that time (a diff item showed up at least 2x)

Didn't try selling stuff back though, but of course if owned any of the 'interesting' non existent anymore things, probably wouldn't bother even looking at her stuff :p
  3. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I'll copy over later and see if she wants to buy Earthshaker
  4. Eanelder Augur

I have to say I hate the way Marcia was implemented. An unknown item list of item and creating dependencies on 3rd party sites to discover what is available, seems silly.

If they cant provide an in game method to display all her possible wares, then include the items in the patch notes or provide a new stories listing them. Heck, even an achievement for collecting all her items, listing each one with a checkbox, could be an option.

Is her item list really intended to be a tightly held secret? I can appreciate working as community to discover and complete quests and such, but to find the items on a vendor? Bleh.
  5. Tiggold Augur

I'm just curious for the people that do follow her does she still sell the Troll illusion back item or did she ever?
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Firestorm Cape?

Not sure if it was removed in this patch but she’s been selling it previously. Guildmate bought one.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

8. Tiggold Augur

9. Riou EQResource

It was an old post when she was first implemented, forget who was the CM at the time (Piestro maybe?) that said her inventory each day was set up to be a certain value of items instead of single items

It just basically means if she has an item that is like 30 Noble worth she is going to have like 3-5 of them, if it's like >= 90 it's only gonna be a single 1 for the day
    Tiggold likes this.
  10. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Tested Sharkfin Boots, Large Meat Tenderizer, Serpent's Tooth, and Brell's Girdle. Marcia will not buy. I am guessing only 2 items were added as the key term in patch notes was "few." I am curious if anyone has tried Heart of Fungus since it's a missing Luclin era item.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

What was the new item?
  12. Riou EQResource

13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

14. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Couple 2. A few more than 1. Can't pinpoint a number from it.
  15. Nniki Augur

[Tue Jul 17 22:40:47 2018] Test.Theriou tells serverwide.eqresource:3, 'Soulshearer, Blade of the Savage'
    [Tue Jul 17 22:41:08 2018] Test.Theriou tells serverwide.eqresource:3, '110 nobles lol'

Correct! :p
  16. Riou EQResource

Rorce likes this.
  17. YellowBelly Augur

Ugh,all junk so far. They need to do something cool like past beta rewards or limited edition collector items like the beehive house.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Eaedyilye like this.
  18. Dre. Altoholic

Does anybody buy her stuff?
  19. Monkman Augur

You would have to be a moron to think any of that stuff on her is worth what she charges. If they really want to get rid of plat, reduce the cost of all items by 50%. That could potentially draw some folks to purchase some of the items. But why why why is that sword worth 110 nobles (~11million plat). You can purchase weapons on FV for under a 500k that are better, or farm one on live for free (not talking about the no longer available items but items that are similar).
  20. Febb Augur

I think most people that buy her items, buy them because they are collectors of rare items. Not that the items are useful so to say.