March 2016 Preview

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ~Mills~, Jan 22, 2017.

1. ~Mills~ Augur

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Are we looking a months to come or is this actually gonna happen soon?
  2. Azbaelus Lorekeeper

Since this is 2017....I'm a bit worried. ;)
  3. fransisco Augur

EQ devs always dream big. But then reality comes in with how much time they have.
    The eq devs are basically supporting 2 games right now (normal and progression). So they only have so much time to make changes. But they have said they havn't stopped on this, its just slow
  4. smash Augur

This part from the quote up above. it mention started on beast....

BUT, where come the mana use from: 1285, when mana use today is 9329, and DoT per tick 12731. Thats a bit different from numbers in the post ?
    or has the change all ready been put in or what ?

I am confused., as mana cost is like 7-8 times as what you mention

OOOPS, you take each tick and multiply by 7, to get the 121154... BUT mana cost is still higher than what you mention, but is that for tank 1 ?
    And per tick, it is lower than what you mention, you say 14395, where the thing is 12731, with out any enhancement.
  5. ~Mills~ Augur

Slow? That post was from March 2016 so its almost been a year. Aristo also posted in Oct in regards to necromancers that this was incoming as soon as he finished EoK spells so its been 2-3 months since that. Yet still nothing.
  6. ~Mills~ Augur

That was the original post on the changes from March 2016. You will notice in the link below the mana increased per cast but so did the damage done by a massive amount.

Lucy for RK 1 of the spell showing the changes.
  7. fransisco Augur

I'm kinda glad they are moving slow on this.
    These changes are not gonna simply be a MEGA buff for druids/necros.
    They are going to remake the classes (And make many people unhappy because whatever it changes to won't be how it was before).
    When devs move fast, you get things like the golden godly tanks we have now. I'd rather things changed carefully.
  8. smash Augur

oh, yeah. did not see, was thinking it was 17, and then got confused..

BUT rank 3 is lower than number per tick and higher mana cost than that.

But spell desc: 12731 to 12731, i guess the second number 25250 dont mean anything....
  9. segap Augur

I'm surprised people are in such a rush to have how their class is played completely changed, potentially making the game play completely unrecognizable. While not as insane as they were pre-nerf last year, I'm still seeing great necros do quite well on most raids. Do think they could use some love in the group game though.

Don't think this is something to rush. It has the potential to completely upend a class that is very unique.
  10. ~Mills~ Augur

I am so glad there is such an influx of new players like yourself who are still filled with hope and things making sense to keep the game going. However for those of us who have been around the EQ block once or 18 times now we know the time this is taking has nothing to do with care or consideration for the changes to be made for the remaining classes still hanging in the wind. It has everything to do with this falling on the back burner because of stuff like the tlp, beta, tuning, bugs and forgetfulness. I am hoping that since its been back burner for almost a year in total and a few months since our last update that druids, shaman, shadow knights and necros can get their changes in before the game sunsets.

They don't need nor should the remake anything about the classes as they don't have the time or knowledge to do so correctly at this stage. It would be give and take paired with non stop tuning for a year or more only to get back to where we started at the cost of players for zero benefit at all to the game. No other class that has had their dots changed had anything about their class changed at all. They kept everything they had for dots. Their dots got more powerful at the cost of a ton more mana. So they can use them for burst improvement but at the cost of going out of mana insanely fast or can go back and use older versions to put out lower damage but that doesn't drain their mana at those rates. The only difference is for necros is dots are our primary form of damage so our tuning needs to be set so that some can be sustained and a few are only there for burst and oom or with gift of mana procs.
  11. ~Mills~ Augur

And to be even more clear read what the Devs posted instead of passing along your opinion on the matter. No where does it say other factors will be changed when the dot revamps occur. As in no they won't be adding base spell power and then removing something like crit rate so the factors change but the end result remains the same.

So as you can clearly see all dots will be improved without any mention of changing other stuff or remaking entire classes. The only thing up in the air is the degree of the changes and IF they possibly shift some damage into our bigger dots and sustained dot at the expense of leaving other dot lines relatively the same. Or if they just boost all our dots slightly but still leave the issue of us having to use 15 dots to do what others can do with 2-3 nukes or auto attack and their yellow mana abilties.
  12. fransisco Augur

Of course devs will be changing more than the damage.
    Look at what happened to beastlords and enchanters.
    Their dots no longer stack with older versions.
    Thats a HUGE change for necros. It means they will only be casting current expansion dots.
    And only a few of them - not 10+ per mob

Dots for beastlords/enchanters cost like 9-11k mana each. And necros dots will probably cost more since they will do more damage, and necros have higher mana regen.
    That means you cannot sustain casting 8 dots per mob.

Dot agro for beastlords/enchanters is insane. And they only cast 1-3 dots. Necros who might cast more? Wow, its gonna be bad.

Anyone who thinks it'll be same old same old but with x10 damage doesn't understand the changes.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

No they are gonna cost more mana and old versions won't stack. Did you even read his post that I keep linking to you? It says exactly that.

That isn't really a HUGE change to necros. Currently can use around 18 dots, more if you want to push it but for basically no gain. We have roughly 15 regular dot lines ignoring swifts, some of which we don't even use currently. So when they make the changes we still will be using more than 10 dots per mob they will just be all the current lines that we choose instead of some current and some older versions. But 10+ dots is 10+ dots it doesn't matter that previously it was some old and some new and after its all new.

Mana is a concern and we have brought that up. Because as I said its our primary form of dps so it needs to be addressed dots are not are supplemental dps to only be used with gom procs or as a bonus for necros. So most of them absolutely need to be tuned mana wise very carefully or our mana tap dot needs to be fixed so it actually works like they did for enchanters. Because yes we need to sustain casting more than 8 dots as long as its not just chaining the possible giant 1 or 2.

Aggro has always been insane for dots, necros work around it currently. But yes we have asked for it to be addressed as well.

You're the one who seems more intent on sharing your opinions on the changes then understanding what they clearly explained.

Back to the OP, can we get an update on the timeline please.
  14. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

It's easy to adapt to the dot changes; you don't need to rack up EVERY dot on EVERY mob that enters your camp to be effective.

Of my Shaman and BST; for short fights I just use Poison/Magic dots; for long fights I use disease; if I do they all I get agro, but crazy damage.

It balances out, you just have to make actual decisions to play the best.
  15. smash Augur

However, I still think that beast dots are unefficient compared to DD.

So, on normal mobs, i dont think i would recommend dots, except for named and giants, WHO have far more hps,
    I doubt they will run out on normal mobs. Exception on use, would be together with Gift of mana.
  16. segap Augur

If they follow the same pattern, all the dots become much shorter duration. Would that not change rotations? If only a single dot from a line works, your options get much smaller on targets that have mechanics that don't allow for poison, disease, corruption, cold, or debuffs of certain kinds.

I think it will be much more complicated than you believe. You're a class built around dots. The other classes had their unused dots made useful in addition to the other things they were already doing. This is a completely different scenario.
    Kunon likes this.
  17. Millianna Augur

No need to fix SK dots. They aren't broken. The only time they are stacked are because of encounter mechanics. Most SKs are not going to keep multiple dots from each line memed.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  18. Millianna Augur

The whole dot revamp is stupid. It's one giant nerf.
  19. Aelen Augur

Pretty sure the only DoT shortening that happened was for Necromancers, and it was separate from the DoT revamp. It was the reworking of our Lingering Death line.

Conceivably they could extend that rework out to the other 3 ranks of Lingering Death they didn't change, dunno offhand exactly the impact that would have, but it'd probably be a positive for us. It'd weaken the health sustain of Dicho a bit, but I don't really know what'll happen to that line in any sense after the changes.
  20. Vrinda Augur

When has that ever stopped them from "fixing" something?