Maps

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Silias McKendrick, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Silias McKendrick Augur

Was reading on WO forums about how some of the maps people had
    made could be redesigned so it would not be so cluttered for it.
    Thought it be useful for EQ maps.

Instead of having to toggle Labels on and off to see where you are going
    could easily replace names with numbers and have a side note scroll
    list on the corner of the map screen of what npc/mob a certain number
    stands for.

A person could just put a list on the corner of the map with the current labels
    as it is now w/o any extra programming though.

It would be a lot easier to find something by number than moving the map around
    looking for the right name. Would be even better if the numbers could be in bold print
    b/c the lettering is super small as is but I do not know if that is possible.
  2. Talif Augur

How hard is it to find something on the map when you can just use the search function? Seems far easier to me than trying to find a number and match it to a list (though I suppose you could use the search function on the numbers, but that just seems like an extra, needless step).
    Voragath likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If this is a feature you think would be good you could always make map with it for a few zones and see what others think.
  4. Kyreth Elder

Yeah, as Talith said, the labels are useful now because you can use the search box within the map to find the one you are looking for. It pops up a list of matches, and then you just click on the one you want and it puts a big red X on your map, and sometimes even gives you a path to location. Changing the labels to numbers would just confuse that system.
  5. Greymantle Augur

It is actually possible to do a variation of this now. Will require some work but you can add lables to areas off the edge of the map. People who make them often sign them like that. Would require scrolling in and out to check the index , but i think it would work.