Mangler - wake sleeper, or kill him?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ProgressionFreak, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Kolani Augur

TLP can't kill him this time, at least not this early in the timeline. The unique situation with his regen that made him killable on Zek has been fixed.
  2. ProgressionFreak Augur

I bet if we had 800 people we could take him down
  3. phaeril Augur

Because it doesn't have a loot table, would be an extended drawn out fight full of death, probably wouldn't succeed, and who cares anyway? The only thing epic here is your persistence in pitching a stupid idea. Honorable Epic Mention for how fast you rage out of guilds but insist on playing server den mother anyway. The only way to get most people to give a crap about sleeper is if the script got fixed, in which case people would be highly in favor of NOT killing it, just knowing when it was gonna happen to get in the path.

EDIT: Sorry, thought you were Innate, since he is endlessly obsessed with this topic as well. Honorable Mention revoked.
  4. Captain Video Augur

Remind me again why it has been deemed impossible to fix the script.
  5. Pharone Elder

As far as I care, I'd prefer if the day that Velious opens on Mangler, a message would go out immediately saying "The Sleeper has been killed. Please congratulate Rallos Zek the Warlord on his victory!"

Then for the next 15 minutes if you zone in to Kael, you hear the Gods arguing...
    1. Solusek Ro, "We agreed to wait and wake The Sleeper after one month!"
    2. Rallos Zek, "I had to do it. There was a rumor going around that Bristlebane was going to wake The Sleeper early."
    3. Solusek Ro, "BS! You wanted that Sceptre of Destruction to sale, so you could spend it all on ale and women in Freeport, and you know it!"
    4. Rallos Zek, "That's not true! I don't have to spend money for that!"
    5. Bristlebane, "Hey guys. Whatcha talking about?"
    6. Solusek and Rallos notice Bristlebane is tossing around a Sceptre of Destruction like a toy. In unison, "WTF!"
    7. Bristlebane, "Huh? Oh this old thing? I found it on a dead dragon. It was the darnedest thing."
    8. "That's it! The halfling has to die!," exclaims Rallos Zek.
    9. Just then Mithaniel Marr comes thundering in to the room, "Who the hell do you think you are waking that blasted dragon Rallos Zek?! I swear you are quite possibly the stupidest over grown mongrel on the face of Norrath!"
    10. Solusek Ro jolts in to action, "What did you call my brother?! No one calls this idiot an idiot except me!"
    11. As the argument wages on, no one notices Bertoxxulous in the corner trading some shiny things trinkets to Bristlebane for the Sceptre of Destruction. "Yes... Yes... My plan has worked. I will get mad plats for this in the Commons tunnel! Mahahaha...!"
    12. The arguing stops long enough for everyone to see Bertoxxulous gate out as he says, "So long suckers!"
    13. In unison Solusek Ro, Rallos Zek, and Mithaniel Marr exlaim, "*&^%!!!"
    14. Erolissi Marr strolls in to the room with a look of disgust on her face, "You guys are truly pathetic. You know that right?"
    15. Bristlebane holds up his hands, "I got shinnies!"
  6. yerm Augur

I'd prefer all TLPs start with revamped ST and zero tradeable loot ever comes out of it.