(Mangler) Solo non boxed class to make money? I like to spoil people.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sillyfish, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Sillyfish Elder

Which class do you guys suggest for someone who wants to make a character to level up fast (Or try to lol I'm terrible) and farm platinum/krono? I like buying my girlfriend and friends/guildies things and being able to do that is something I'd like to achieve pretty early on the new server.

I'll never be part of a box team and I'm pretty sure that means I wont be able to compete for anything like GEBs or Manastone or whatever, but I'm sure there's got to be other methods out there, whether it's just getting up and smashing Hill giants quickly, or being useful in a plat farming group or whatever, right?

What do you folks reckon?

EDIT: I'm hoping the answer isn't going to be 'Shaman' because I'd really like to make that my second character, one I can just beef up with great gear and level as a grossly overpowered twink along with whatever class my girlfriend would like to do.
  2. The Hated One Augur

Necro to farm...wizard or druid for ports.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Level 1 trader ec tunnel
    Learn to buy an sell krono no leveling needed or class specific.

Otherwise Necro is a great solo farmer at hill giants, seafuries and dungeons.
    Ermok likes this.
  4. Grailer Augur

Yep , buy low sell high . Kronos is like Bit Coin .. it’s always going to go up in value.

Might be 50p for 1 Kronos day 1 , A month later 10,000 pp for 1 Kronos

Farming fine steel weps etc is slow grind , Get lucky on drops might be quicker but probably requires group and competition from killstealers & trains

Tunnel is just a waiting game wheeling and dealing , trying to scam players out of good drops cheap so you can resell higher and invest extra pp into Kronos which increases the value of your investment over time
  5. Sillyfish Elder

Should I try to power level a druid up ASAP and do the port game? I feel like maybe a lot of people will do this, but also feel like a lot of people will do farming classes.
  6. malaki Augur

A 20000 percent 1 month krono plat price jump would have to involve some serious serverwide plat duping.
    Barton likes this.
  7. Machentoo Augur

Not necessarily on Selos. It will be a whole different ballgame than any previous TLP launch, with far more opportunities for plat available on day one than we've ever seen before.
  8. malaki Augur

I mean it'll likely be a bigger jump than historically on these servers but 20000 percent is a pretty wild amount especially considering they'll start higher than 50 plat unless someone is buying in the first hour or something.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Someone is always buying in the first hour. When else can you get a krono for 50p? And the early tradeskillers will pay it to get a leg up on the competition, as always.
  10. Sillyfish Elder

Can we stop talking about Selos? I even put Mangler in the title. :(
  11. Machentoo Augur

Sorry, you don't own the thread.
  12. a_librarian Augur

Necro is probably what you want. Second choice would be enchanter, but they're extremely vulnerable to griefing by other players when playing solo in highly contested spots. Third choice would be druid, making money from porting/PLing.

Whatever you choose there will be tons of competition everywhere you go so set your expectations accordingly
  13. sumnayin2 Augur

There were a lot of times on Coirnav where I couldn't find a port at all, and on Agnarr I was a Druid and was making a lot of platinum in Velious just porting people literally non-stop
  14. Protagonist Tank

I'll save you some trouble: Port characters suck for making plat during classic. Most people "tip" crap and waste time, and there are so many other people with port characters that you'll only get 4-5 an hour. You'll easily make more just playing.
  15. Ruhi Augur

A pet class can easily solo camp tons of mid-range mobs that drop bis non-raid gear.

Make a necro or mage - farm hill giants or specific named camps in the medium range (cgs, jboot lr/etc, sol a str neck off fire ele, lion hides in nk, chief loot from ogre in wk, etc and so forth and so on).
  16. Robomax Elder

No Class really has problem with Lvl . Expect Wars But if they can find a grp all the time then there are no worries. An cleric can always find a Grp or Solo undead. Best farm Classes Necro. Mage, Druid and of course Chanter Pets . Shamans don't become powerful till later expacs. And Till you get your Pet., Real SLO and HOT spells. There is NO Evil penty any more like there was in 1999 and 2000 . Its been removed.
  17. Thalliius Augur

If you're just focused on making platinum, you'll make a ton as a Druid/Wizard just doing Ports for people.

A guildy of mine on Coirnav made a small fortune just sitting in Nexus porting people for donations.. would make like 6000+ platinum a day doing that from tips alone

If you're looking to solo farm, then you'd want to go Necro or like a Mage maybe?

Porting for donations and then investing that platinum into Krono would be the best way to build wealth tho
  18. ch0rny Elder

Porting was such good money for me that I almost want to roll druid on Mangler. Pre-Luclin, I easily made 1k a day part-time porting. Once Velious drops and people have money saved up, they hate walking everywhere.
  19. Arkasluk New Member

Enchanter for jewelry crafting.
    Tailoring for Wu's armor.
  20. Tachyon Augur

Roll a cleric and group. It is the most desirable class period.