Mangler Server - Blatant cheaters running rampant

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Relentless, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Relentless Insomnia

**Rampant** ;)

Petitions have gone unanswered, and GMs have been absent in their response.

The ongoing issue on the Mangler TLP server with the select few cheaters blatantly warping zone to zone instantly, far-taunting boss mobs across the raid zones, and showing absolutely zero regard for the rules or other players is reaching critical mass.

Daybreak you are not holding up your end of the bargain once again on the TLP servers. Roll your eyes at this if you will, but I cannot help but wonder when the blatant cheating gets this bad if there is anyone on your CS/GM team that really understands the game.

Not only have innocent players recently gotten suspended by out of context weaponized player-submitted videos, but the real cheaters are going completely unpunished and allowed to treat this server like their own personal TLP server.

The CS/GM team needs to step it up. Their responses lately show a very real lack of game knowledge on the classic era TLP servers. Who is holding the CS/GM team accountable and reviewing the decisions they are making on a regular basis? I cannot help but wonder if anyone higher up at Daybreak is aware at how poorly the CS team response is to this blatant cheating.

If you don't enforce this, you will encourage others to start cheating just to be able to compete. I'm tired of the winner in this game being dictated by who has the biggest hacks. A free to play P99 server has dramatically better enforcement then theses servers we pay you to play on.

Come on guys, do better.
    discordkitty and Gindorf like this.
  2. postmortem New Member

AMEN!!!!!
    Daybreak you are not holding up your end of the bargain once again on the TLP servers. Roll your eyes at this if you will, but I cannot help but wonder when the blatant cheating gets this bad if there is anyone on your CS/GM team that really understands the game.
    Gindorf likes this.
  3. Suvus New Member

It's pretty bad these days. I thought it was bad on Fippy and things were getting better but things turn a turn for the worse on Mangler. It'd be nice to clean up shop a bit!
    Gindorf likes this.
  4. Stevensmalls New Member

Yea i have seen that running pretty rampant =( ...makes me sad for the future
    Gindorf likes this.
  5. redhot New Member

Stop them cheaters!
  6. WalterCronkite New Member

Somebody and all their accounts have posted.
    Kywen likes this.
  7. EvilQueens New Member

For real. Warp pulling is just cheese, especially from groups that are so obviously using third party software to automatically move all toons at the same time and not true boxing at all. This stuff should be investigated.
  8. Ohfuggle Elder

Video recordings, logs, etc have been submitted to the staff and they've made no moves on this issue.

These players are 100% blatant in their abuse of VMs and 3rd party software to facilitate playing 20+ characters each. At this point I think they're now closer to 30+ each.

The GM team needs to wake up already and resolve this issue.
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Can you post the vids on Youtube and link them on FoH or something.
  10. Silver-Crow Augur

It's always going to be that way on the newest servers.
    As soon as people can make real $$ by getting to a boss mob before you, then those that play EQ for a job will always use the hack. It's not about playing EQ it's about making money from EQ.

Banning them does nothing, it's just a case of kill one account and 3 more pop up. As long as people are buying their wares, and profit outweighs the cost of a new account every so often, then this will be the future.

The only real resolution is :

Stop buying their stuff. If there's no money in it they will go away. However, there's always someone on the new servers willing to buy to win, so you're fighting a losing battle here.

My recommendation.

Move to one of the older TLP's. The older TLP's are better established, so people don't need the stuff the warpers are peddling... so it's something you very rarely see.
  11. Shakara Augur

Its not even that hard to see. if DBG is going to enforce rules then inforce all of them not just some of them.
  12. Sentury New Member

Daybreak handle this!
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

This is not true at all. Phinny and Agnarr had none of this.

Banning them works, so long as they get banned before they've made 20+ krono per account.
  14. butydoe New Member

turdweaver may be the one who wrote the programs they use to do it, the creator of the program making it possible sure does seem to have a forward and backward grasp on it. Sure maybe another coder could have written but seems to go hand in hand when its not addressed , whose more likely responsible or aiding it. Why keep making more truebox servers that out one competitor who refuses to make optoins available to box while the other makes bank on making it so you can box for more $$$.

Ad to it you will be banned for mentioning it in a forum but ignored if you petition....
  15. That0neguy Augur

Fixed it for you.
  16. Xanathol Augur

At this point, I have to believe DBG is condoning these actions, at least for these particular folks. Maybe the botters are DBG employees? Seems crazy yet knowing what blatantly goes on unchecked, maybe its not...
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I bet Miragul will be haxor free.
  18. Larlen New Member

If this type of behavior keeps up, I will be forced to vote with my wallet.
  19. Grons New Member

A. Openly contest full guilds for raid targets (pretty dumb if you do not want to bring attention to yourself in a negative light this is the benefit of DZ raids and I believe on ragefire the whole purpose of the Truebox servers and DZ's were to combat this behavior moving forward with TLP server's)

B. Teleport hack using the games offset's and alter run speed's etc of the game infront of a whole guild and use it to your advantage. (I suspect the reason for the teleport hack is because auto follow is so bad using VM's and moving the 50 toons are a nightmare)

C. Guild reports with video proof of these players and nothing happens to them yet someone fd laying on the ground will be banned for training or suspended even if they did not partake. Where is the give and take in this situation? If people are not training it should not take several messages to you and several days before getting a message saying the decision is final etc etc and being forced to endure the suspension anyway.

What will it take daybreak? Let us know how we can better accommodate you please we will roll out the red carpet and wait on you hand and foot.
  20. Athion New Member

I cant imagine allowing the cheaters (I almost called them Hackers, but that sounds like they have some skill, they do not, they are using readily available tools off the internet) free reign is a net positive for DBG. Sure they get the coin from all those accounts, but how many people see that garbage and say, "nope. I'm out". Or, don't even bother to try in the first place.
    TLPs have been a fantastic infusion of cash for DBG, but if there's one way to make sure they cease to be, its to ruin the fun people have.
    It makes no sense that they are being absolutely draconian on some stuff, yet completely disregarding the other....
    Please Daybreak, it wouldn't take much to police this, and your player base needs some help here.
  21. Korzu111 Elder

I can’t even imagine how wretched a life it would be to farm and sell crap as my livelihood.
    FubarEQ likes this.