Mangler Questions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Everquest78, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Everquest78 New Member

Hey folks mangler is my first TLP I must admit I didn't I was going to but Im having a lot of fun!
    I do have a couple questions for those of you who have played on other TLP servers

1) Tradeskill stuff: I noticed the potions my alchemist makes (greater concentration) are listed as TLP only on EQtraders this goes with a few other recipes aswell - does making them at some point get patched out or will they remain craftable?

2) My hopes are people stay on mangler and we have a nice community through out progression but I keep seeing people say the server will die when <insert next tlp server> launches so am I wasting my time if Im not here just to krono farm and want to who experience in order?

3) How does PoP release effect the population? I think its the first expac that raids except for PoTme on mangler cant be instanced so guilds will need to compete will many stick around?

4) How do you like your coffee?
  2. Aegir Augur

1) = The recipe will stop working. Can't Remember if it's Prophecy of Ro or The Serpent's Spine, where a lot of old recipes gets replaced by more generic wold-wide zone drop components based on level difficulty of the zone.

2) = It won't exactly Die. It will just undergo the same transformation that all other TLP's before mangler has. The Pick up group game slowly fades to be replaced by a more Guild/Friend Network way of progression through the game. Some like to log-on and put on lfg and get a group 5mins later. That part of the game "dies" for many people that has somehow failed - and or downprioritized the networking part of this game - and will mostly call the server "Dead" because they can't get groups anymore.
    For a long term good TLP experience, it's important that you are having a good time, your guild is having a good time, and your friends are having a good time.

3) = Planes of Power works exactly like the other expansions on TLP. Only "Bottleneck" is the Medallion farm in Plane of Storms. Everything else can be requested by AoC's, except Plane of Time which is already instanced by default.

4) = Mit MILCH!
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

4. Terranos Elder

Some people will stay and there will be a small community that keeps progressing, but as Aegir said the server will become very top heavy with the majority of players being max level raiders (and casuals) but the PUG scene will be nearly non existent.

Phinny is up to VoA and still has half a dozen raid guilds clearing current raid content. Coirnav is on OoW and isn't going as well as Phinny was at the same stage but that's to be expected considering 2 Anniversary servers released.