Mangler Player Stepping Out (Cancellation)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hateborne, May 12, 2019.

1. Conspiracy New Member

Well let me shed light for you. When SOE owned the company Lead GM's where paid while other GM's like my self where Volunteers who only got a free sub on our game account. I helped police Tarrew Marr for 7 years for 0 Pay but a monthly sub on one of my 6 accounts I played. So why don't DBG do what SOE did With us Volunteer GM's and Guides we where never on payroll.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Guided on Tarew Marr for seven years, can't even spell the name of the server.

Sounds legit.
    jeskola and Nessirfiti like this.
  3. Nessirfiti Augur

Never seen an ex-guide refer to themselves as GMs either.
    Machentoo likes this.
  4. Conspiracy New Member

I love how you trolls try to take what someone says cause you know most don't read the original post the poster made. I was a GM not a guide never said I was a Guide on Tarew Marr. But Please go for it twist words to your hearts content. But do me one favor please learn to read and understand what you read before you post.
    andross77 likes this.
  5. Machentoo Augur

We know what you said. Doesn't make it true. There never were unpaid GM's. (Well, except for Dima that one time at Fan Faire.)
  6. Febb Augur

GM's weren't interns. They were paid by the company. However guides have always been volunteers and were unpaid.
  7. jeskola pheerie

Can someone please tl;Dr this thread? Not looking to read multiple dissertations on eq but want bullet points
  8. Kahna Augur

DBG has enough GMs to police EQ2 and ban the botters there on sight. That game doesn't even account for a fraction of the income EQ1 does. They have enough GMs to police EQ1, and it would really only take a month or two of cracking down until the botters would get cautious and back off. Then it would just be a matter of crushing the occasional botter that popped up. They just don't bother.
  9. Shenaniganz New Member

I would say give me your stuff but if you can’t dps race you probably don’t have anything good. So pretty much unsub and be quiet
  10. Hateborne New Member

First, thank you for the reply. I do appreciate a counter point as I am not opposed to being wrong and changing my opinion/belief based on new information.

Second (in response to the underlined sentence), I was under the impression that I was broad and in no way hostile, attacking or threatening people that are playing the game. While a few ...less than nice people swooped in to repeatedly DPS race or train me, take the named, then gate/FD/etc are absolutely a problem to some extent. Why the hostility?

Finally, based on my posting, would you really expect me to be standoff-ish, hateful, or mean? I tried to briefly articulate why I am stepping out in a constructive criticism 'open letter' of sorts. I didn't even name drop the enchanter that snatched a mob from me, looted, and gated in Mistmoore today. I mean, ffs friend, I'm usually too polite and gentle in my approach to establishing a friendly 'line in the sand' of who is camping/clearing what.

Stepping out because it's hard to find decent groups without most zones, public instances (picks) included, being packed to the brim. Additionally the greed of a few is ruining my play experience by being downright rude or mean (training, griefing, KSing, etc). Tried to be polite, civil, and constructive but a few took it as whining or me attacking...so idk bff jill.

Oh and then the boxing vs unboxing pissing match started, then some personal flaming, and that's about it.

Thanks for the great example of toxicity and pettiness!
  11. Corydon Augur

12. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Daybreak Games can certainly afford to hire a few GMs to police the servers and enforce the old Play Nice Policy. They could afford it back when the monthly sub was $15. Today, most players on TLP servers are paying the same $15 for the All Access Pass -- the same monthly fee that EQ players were paying back in 1999.

Let's be honest, today EQ TLP servers are buying Krono and paying for potions and other services in the DGB store. Daybreak Games is making money hand over fist with EQ TLP servers.

The original poster is 100% right. It's a disgrace that DGB is allowing professional farmers to lock down every single good item camp in Norrath so they can make money from EQ in the real world. We are PAYING to be here. The TLP servers are NOT FREE. MMORPGs were designed with Gamemasters (GMs) in mind. It is preposterous to think otherwise.

If DGB is unwilling to hire GMs, then they should create PRIVATE INSTANCES that every player can access just like the raid expeditions. Professional farmers are and will be camping all of the epic spawn mobs and charging players Krono to sell the loot rights. Once Kunark comes in and epics are available, the you-know-what is going to hit the fan.

This problem was caused by DBS who invented and promoted Krono which is in effect pay to win. They created this Frankenstein. It's on them.

The powers that be at DBG better wake up and do something. Standing idly by and allowing this catastrophe to occur is not an option.
  13. code-zero Augur

Daybreak attempted to enforce the old play nice policy on Ragefire and Lockjaw.

It
    Did
    Not
    Work

They soon found out that people LIE about who was where doing what.

Eventually on RF the top Guilds revolted against the attempts to enforce raid rotations and the camps fell into anarchy with CS being outright ignored because everyone had grudges that they'd all built up while play nice was being enforced.

Everyone forgets that back in the old days there were constant server splits and new server openings so people just left when things got intolerable.
    andross77 likes this.
  14. Kutsuu Augur

Complain if you must, but having been in situations like this countless times over the last two decades of online gaming I can say this definitively. If you want to be happy and you are playing a game that you have issues with, either adapt or quit. Not just log in less often while you rage on the forums for months, actually quit.

DBG has taken their current stance on the "play nice policy" because it's nearly impossible to enforce, as mentioned in many posts above me. It is what it is. You can adapt to this without being a jerk by just letting it go when it happens to you instead of steaming and raging over it. Or you can just play the game like others are playing it. Take what you can, let go what you can't. Doesn't have to be stressful unless you make it stressful. May as well get used to it, because if you think you'll find a magical "non-toxic community" in some other game, good luck! People will talk about their good experiences, but you'l find the same general community in all these games.
    andross77 and Corydon like this.
  15. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

It is kind of sad what proportion of this playerbase are forty year old manchildren who act like feral teenagers.

It might be worth reflecting on the fact that reduced customer service is a direct result of the players being such unrepentant a-holes that they threw up their hands in disgust and walked away.
    andross77 likes this.
  16. Jezzie Augur

You don't have to remember the old days. Every time a new TLP launches everybody jumps ship because the current TLP has become intolerable.
    I'm not sure of the numbers but it appears that Phinny has the healthiest population of any TLP server going into HoT. The only server where people where botware wasn't rampant at launch is the only server that has been successful in terms of longevity.
    If Daybreak continues to allow these individuals to run rampant on every new TLP then the aftermath doesn't appear to be worth playing on, look at Coirnav.
    The future of these servers seems to be in the hands of the operators of 3rd party websites and they're driven by cash so we might be in trouble.
  17. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I do wonder if assigning a purchased Krono to a specific character instead of the whole account, and thus being able to bind it to that server, might reduce a lot of the Krono farming problem.

People farm Krono in Classic because you can make the amount of plat necessary to buy one Krono in a matter of hours, so they are easy to trade there and then move to a different server to either sell them for the inordinate amount of plat they go for, or pay for the subscription on a different server where the consequences of what was left behind in acquiring them don't matter.

I do not think Krono is the problem, but there are certainly addressable problems with its implementation.
  18. code-zero Augur

They are not going to ever cripple Krono. If you go check out Planetside 2 and DC Universe Online you'll find that they are games that can be played All Access using Krono however there's no way to buy, sell or trade Krono in those games.

What this means is that a lot of Krono farmers are coming to EQ2 and the Everquest TLP servers in order to get Krono to keep the games that they are actually interested in subbed

You'd all be better off to call for Planetside 2 (PC) and DCUO (PC) to make Krono tradable in those games. It'd likely result in a significant reduction in Krono market in EQ and EQ2
  19. Ruggar Lorekeeper

It's cute that you think this but no most Krono farmers are coming to EQ TLP's Farm them and then turn around and sell them at 10 bucks a pop to make quick cash.
  20. The Hated One Augur

No truebox (so you can load up your own team on 1 or 2 comps)
    AoC's with normal exp (so you can experience the game, quest, and take on some named without toxicity)
    FV loot ( so you can trade and upgrade without having to be part of the zerg)
    Timely unlocks (so your not waiting half a year for expansions or being rushed thru expansions in 1 month when it takes 3 months to gear up, AA and experience the zones.)

I think many people posted these requests when they were considering the servers. Too bad nobody listened.
    Magic likes this.