Mangler and Veteran AAs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cfour, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Machen New Member

It wasn't an oversight or an accident. There was a time when veteran rewards were not available or active on the TLP's at all. They deliberately chose to add them, midway through Fippy and Vulak as I recall, and they deliberately chose to release them all at once when they did (despite at the time, some of us arguing it would be a bad thing.) They could have made them progressively available from the outset if they wanted to. They did not.
    Aneuren likes this.
  2. MAggius New Member

This still going ahead really does suck, especially the vendor ones and guild hall port.
    I mean nerf the DPS or Def ones if they are really that game changing
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Nerf glyphs next. That's actually what has more impact.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Just saw that, I liked & still like you just fine man just because we see things a little differently doesn't mean I hate you haha, I hope you are doing well (aside from this annoyance).

It's never nice when stuff is taken away that we had, as i said above it is regrettable, the real issue with all of the changes they make to stuff like this is the inconsistency shown, Quality of Life changes go in all the time, but some of the decisions do seem arbitrary, it would be nice if more of the game had easy on/off switches so some servers could be left with the benefits they've had for a long while but the game is so archaic & antiquated by modern standards those type of gameplay filters would have to be coded in & they don't have time for that until they allocate time for it & can justify the costs involved.

I empathise, I honestly do, but personally I am ruled more by logic than empathy, lots of the changes are to me illogical but this one is not.
  5. AtomicBlaze1 New Member

Nice job Daybreak just keep nerfing stuff until you kill off all the remaining players.
  6. taliefer Augur

the change wasnt about impact or balance at all anyway.

but they cant remove the chase AA, otherwise people would buy less exp pots
  7. Javaliscious New Member

Here is your turd sandwich to commemorate your 20+ years of being a faithful customer to EQ AND staying on as we DBG continue to screw the game up! Eat up, smile and like it! Customer service it not a thing here at DBG. We don't actually value your loyalty to our game(s) as evident by our long list of failed games on our website.

What these guys failed to remember is that EQ is supposed to be FUN! What did the vet rewards that you all say are OP or gamebreaking do? They made it fun! Its fun to be fighting an encounter that your team of 6 or 12 shouldn't be able to accomplish but with some ingenuity, skill and maybe armor of exp your able to win! That is a pretty cool feeling. It's fun to be able to pop a perm peddler on a raid so you can change out that piece of gear you just got, aug it up and keep raiding. Its fun to pop that tribute guy and dump some useless stuff on him so you got enough trib to use on the raid or at your camp for the next big fight. It's fun to stay at your camp you just crawled to and sell some junk on your vendor peddler instead of porting out or having to leave. ITS FUN! We have been faithful customers and the other companies recognized that was something of value and gifted us with some FUN stuff. Topping the DPS chart 1x a night as a caster over the melee DPS is FUN!

Geesh...you guys must forget what it is all about or are jelly cuz you havent been around enough to earn the fun stuff. But tough . Taking it away from veterans is such a stupid move by DBG. Poor customer service and bad business. No one...NO ONE was asking for their removal. No clue why they did it.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Quite the opposite bro. They completely trivialized content.
  9. That0neguy Augur

Just because you don't find trivial content fun doesn't mean others don't.
  10. Javaliscious New Member

Its not like hitting Armor of exp when the MT dies to take agro and let your group or small raid adjust and give you a fighting chance after clearing and preparing for hours to kill a boss is trivial. It just gives you a chance to win and not to have wasted your whole night. It's fun to win. It stinks to lose. Fun..that is what EQ is supposed to be.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Cool. You can go have fun doing trivial old content on live servers or TLPs where you vastly outlevel the content then. Wanting trivial old content is antithetical to the purpose of TLPs
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Let's be honest, anyone who genuinely wants a hard game logged out of EQ a long time ago.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's a spectrum like the one you're on ;)
    Hard and Not Trivial are pretty far apart on the spectrum
  14. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Because a vocal minority of trolls kept championing it every time the issue comes up. It clearly wasn't an imminent issue, since it has spanned several progression servers and has seen heavy use every time they are available.

They just introduced extended target windows. Just the latest of a series of completely out-of-era additions that they have made to these servers. Any pretense that the veteran rewards were changed to engender a more classic experience is a complete farce.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

*wink*
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I suspect the fact that veteran AA include player power benefits is why they got treated a lot differently to things like clicks from bags & extended target window.

Intensity of the Resolute, Armor of Experience, Staunch Recovery are quite powerful in certain contexts.
  17. Romen Lorekeeper

from the Jan 15 2020 patch notes:
    - Veteran Reward AA abilities have been updated for progression servers to more closely reflect the timeline of their introduction.
    - - The ability to claim Veteran Rewards on a character has been moved from Gates of Discord to Dragons of Norrath.
    - - Abilities for years 1-7 (Lesson of the Devoted, Infusion of the Faithful, Chaotic Jester, Expedient Recovery, Steadfast Servant, Staunch Recovery, and Intensity of the Resolute) will now be usable starting with the release of Dragons of Norrath.
    - - The 8th year ability, Throne of Heroes, will be usable with the release of Prophecy of Ro.
    - - The 9th year ability, Armor of Experience, will be usable with the release of The Buried Sea.
    - - The 10th year ability, Summon Resupply Agent, will be usable with the release of Secrets of Faydwer.
    - - The 11th year ability, Summon Clockwork Banker, will be usable with the release of Seeds of Destruction.
    - - The 12th year ability, Summon Permutation Peddler, will be usable with the release of Underfoot.
    - - The 13th year ability, Summon Tribute Master, will be usable with the release of House of Thule.
    - - The 14th year ability, Blessing of the Devoted, will be usable with the release of Veil of Alaris.
  18. Ayoheee Augur

Without Armor/7th it's a better game in GoD/OOW.
  19. Romen Lorekeeper

from the Jan 15 2020 patch notes:
    - Veteran Reward AA abilities have been updated for progression servers to more closely reflect the timeline of their introduction.
    - - The ability to claim Veteran Rewards on a character has been moved from Gates of Discord to Dragons of Norrath.
    - - Abilities for years 1-7 (Lesson of the Devoted, Infusion of the Faithful, Chaotic Jester, Expedient Recovery, Steadfast Servant, Staunch Recovery, and Intensity of the Resolute) will now be usable starting with the release of Dragons of Norrath.
    - - The 8th year ability, Throne of Heroes, will be usable with the release of Prophecy of Ro.
    - - The 9th year ability, Armor of Experience, will be usable with the release of The Buried Sea.
    - - The 10th year ability, Summon Resupply Agent, will be usable with the release of Secrets of Faydwer.
    - - The 11th year ability, Summon Clockwork Banker, will be usable with the release of Seeds of Destruction.
    - - The 12th year ability, Summon Permutation Peddler, will be usable with the release of Underfoot.
    - - The 13th year ability, Summon Tribute Master, will be usable with the release of House of Thule.
    - - The 14th year ability, Blessing of the Devoted, will be usable with the release of Veil of Alaris.
  20. Machen New Member

Not only did they introduce extended target, they did so after the devs clearly stated they saw it as a major power improvement for players and not just a quality of life change.