Mangler 3 box, Berserker main.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thewiz, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Thewiz Augur

Wednesday! I am heavily leaning towards zerker/sham/bard. I know some folks go with a tank but man, that bard utility is too sweet to ignore. Shaman slow will go a long way? Group content shouldn't be an issue for at least awhile or am I wrong?
  2. Thez69 Elder

group content as in leveling up should be fine

group content as in farming gates group named will be rough
    minimind likes this.
  3. Thewiz Augur

What would you suggest in a 3 box with the berserker being the main toon and eventually (hopefully) raid geared?

Keep in mind that it's truebox and I will only be using a shared mouse and keyboard.
  4. Thez69 Elder

thats prob the best 3 box you just have to accept your not a tank

like maybe once you are raid geared you can burn down a named once in a while i dunno, but slow is mitigated and gates mobs are hitters
  5. Megazen Elder

Zerker main 3 box without mercs is a rough go. You'll be ok at lower levels, but post about 65 you're really going to struggle. Zerks take a lot of attention to get the most out of, which you won't really be able to do because you're going to have to be on your other characters trying to keep the zerker alive lol.

That 3 box is great with mercs, tough without. If it was me, I'd probably do SK/Sha/Zerk, or War/Sham/Zerk. War actually has the best "AFK" agro, SK is much busier, but brings some other goodies to the table that are pretty handy on a box team. If you ran War/Sha/Zerk, once you get the warrior parked on a mob, you can spend the bulk of your time on the Zerk, and really get the DPS out of it you should be getting.

The reason that Zerks in general are tough on box teams, is because they take a lot of attention to get the most out of. You could push 10029823 buttons and get great DPS out of your zerk, or you could push one every 30 seconds or so and get a lot out of something else lol. In general, "busy" classes are tough on a box team, not only do they not really deliver what you are wanting out of them, they become very tiring to deal with over the long haul. It seems fun to push 1000 buttons for about the first 10,000 mobs you kill, then it gets pretty old.

TLDR: Bard is amazing, and I love them, but I'd add a tank to that team before a bard.
  6. Thez69 Elder

yea everything that guy said is true, additionally your tank is gonna still suck if he's not raid geared

thats why everyone who 3boxs with a tank has their tank as their main char

if you really want a main zerker just have to make friends with a tank to go farm stuff, if you are hellbent on not grouping with others you need to rethink your main
    code-zero and Dythan like this.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Gotta find that guy boxing SK/Cleric/monk, and become best friends
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Thez69 Elder

i personally would drop the sham and play berz/bard/cleric, cause if im alone my bard can slow and my cleric heals way better, and sham is really busy class

and i would just team up with 1 of a milliion sk/sham 2boxers to farm named or xp whatever
    Xanathol likes this.
  9. Thewiz Augur

I think this makes sense. Thank you.
  10. Megazen Elder

I'd love to hear some feedback on this when you hit about 80 or so.
  11. SoandsoForumUser Augur

I'm trying a war/shm/ber/bard 4 box with the berserker as a main on mangler. We'll see how it goes.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Zerker/Shaman/Bard can handle all group content up to The Buried Sea provided the zerker is raid geared, starting in Omens of War. It starts to get really rough in late stage Buried Sea (Zhisza) with zerker Tank but is still doable. SoF named get a little too wild but you can grab a tank merc 1 expac later.
  13. Thewiz Augur

So after some thought and testing I decided on Berserker/Shaman/SK. Looking to the future a zerker tank does indeed become tougher. I do not look to being antisocial and will happily group with CC/heals/dps and anyone else. I just want to be sure I can play when I want. Will just have to be careful with adds. Thanks all for your input.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I 3 boxed ber/shm/brd as a Raid geared Berserker Main overall it wasn't that bad, and once Mercs are out I started using a Merc tank & 2 merc healers.

Underfoot is the notable exception - you will absolutely get ripped apart (as will anyone who isn't a solid geared tank), so I didn't tank Underfoot at all in-era, not even in full raid gears, but once I had HoT raid gear (and boxes had HoT group gear) it was doable.

There are one or two specific group missions in CoTF where merc tanks & healers are virtually useless & mean you cannot 3 box them & you may want to also consider levelling up an Enchanter on your Bard account as sometimes you really need an Enchanter's better CC in the later expansions.
  15. tofu stir fry Augur

i run a shammy main and box two monks ... monks dole out a lot of dps and have great utility. i get it the zerker is the new flavor of ice cream in the store as of tomorrow, but they're highly overrated and dont get better for awhile. havent had much trouble with anything with my monks as of yet ... excited for GoD to see how it fares
    Thewiz likes this.
  16. Thewiz Augur

Two monks must be a blast! I have always wanted to main a berserker and I mean to do it this time. Even if it isn't an ideal 3 box. I hope to get in to a raiding guild on Mangler as soon as I meet level/AA requirements.
  17. tofu stir fry Augur

mangler is a great server. dont believe all the negative karens about the bots and that stuff ... its no different than any other TLP at this point in that regard. there are quite a few good raid guilds on the server and all are generally laid back and friendly.
    welcome to manglah sportsmans paradise!
    Thewiz likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Monks are still OP until probably RoF maybe even TBM so you would definitely get better DPS out of them as boxes than a Berserker box for a long while yet, they are simpler to use & are a more well-rounded class for a long time yet.
    I would say once EoK unlocks is when Berserker boxes will start to become much more desirable for groups.
  19. Dracoko New Member

I have a nontraditional, at least I haven't seen it much 3 box of Bard, Ranger and Druid. I love it, root and rot where I can, when necessary lull pull with the bard, right now with GoD not being out Druid can tank most stuff before it kills him and the mob is dead. GoD, maybe not feasible but I've never played it, focus will be on ranger getting tanky and having him tank, bard buff bot and slow and druid healing and stacking dots, I love it!

Full disclosure, not sure how GoD will be but may change out bard for a shaman.

Druid is the main in full Time/Elemental Gear/LDoN Raid Augs, Ranger has like 3 Time pieces and Elemental Gear and Bard is in crafted Elemental Armor, I can three box in paw pretty quickly. I have no basis for comparison because this is the first ranger and first bard and first time 3 boxing. I have never played Ranger and Bard but I think they do well. Can other combos do better, hell ya, but I love the utility and the challenge figuring out how to do it with these three classes which I enjoy playing very much.
  20. Dracoko New Member

Which guild on Mangler has lvl and AA requirements, I am curious? Or is that self imposed?