Mana Song?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaxarale, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Jaxarale Journeyman

I have 100 different takes on if instrument mods work on mana song on TLP's. Does anyone actually know one way or the other?

Thanks!
  2. Polekn Augur

Takes 12 seconds to test it. Watch your actual mana regen without instrument for a tick, then equip instrument and test if for another tick. You will see that it does not change.
  3. KPW99 Lorekeeper

It will impact the hp regen of the song, not the mana
  4. Troutfest Augur

Need to do while another toon grouped with you, wont affect bard mana regen at all. have other toon watch their mana.
  5. Darchias Augur

So the reason there's still debate here is the Stats tab. If you, as a bard, equips then unequips your instrument while staring at the Stats window, you will see a distinct change in the amount of mana regeneration. Bards don't benefit from that stat regardless, so Bards cannot verify this. In the stat window of the Bard's party members are observed, they see the same jump in mana regen the Bard does. The difference is that if they actually look at their mana regeneration, they aren't getting all that mana regen their stats page says they are getting. The instrument bonus does not work, and a lingering bug with the Stats window keeps telling people it does.
  6. Jaxarale01 Augur

ok seems it does not give any modifier to mana regen, so the next logical question is: Why not?

Was this some sort of bug they never fixed back in 1999 or is it working as intended seeing as every other song is effected by instrument mods?

Thanks!
  7. Machentoo Augur

Not every song is impacted by instrument mods. Some are, some aren't. This is one that isn't.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Bard's Chorus line will modify based on Stringed instrument.

The HP regen component will increase. The Mana component will not---even though your inventory stats window shows an increase in mana regen when switching instrumente, the actual mana returned per tick does not increase. This ghost value leads many people to assume it actually does modify, but it's a lie.

Why? Because Bards is the most likely explanation.
  9. Brumans Augur

Several songs are only partially affected. Mana regen, slow percentage, and haste percentage jump to mind as the three big effects that are not affected by bard mods. The rest of the song (because so many bard songs all do multiple effects) are affected by mods. Damage done, hp regen, AC, etc are all affected.

Just thought about it - I doubt spell focus is affected either, same as haste isn't.

I'm not sure about snare effects, debuffs, or rune amount.

I assume the reason is pretty obvious - because of how overpowered it would be. The base effect of those things would have to be next-to-nothing so that raiders, running around with 80% to 240% (the cap) extra would become mandatory, and everything would have to be balanced around that.
  10. Jaxarale01 Augur

Thanks for the knowledge guys!:)