Malo nuked into oblivion.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Eaedyilye, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

As a mage when i logged into the game after the patch I noticed in the noted our Malo AA has been replaced with our highest scribed version of Malosenete. Well, this sucks.

Malo was hardly ever resisted. It was one of the most used AA's as a mage, especially if moloing. Now we're stuck using Malosenete which is a resist monster. I hardly ever used it do to the fact it resisted a lot. Now we're forced to use.

For an experiment I went to the OT (ROS) to check it out. One mob I couldn't get it to stick, others it took 4 casts for it to stick. Now I have to make sure my pet has maloseniac eminence on it it so it procs it's version of malo on the mob. This it least makes landing Malosenete easier. Even then, it was resisted more than i like.

As a mage (shamans also) my EQ quality of life was nerfed. What possessed the Devs to think this was good idea? My EQ quality of life has taken a hit. :(
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The resist rate on the spell itself is pretty bad. Couple that with our nuke resist rate being balanced around being able to malo things leads to bad times.

Did lesson in goro last night and had a tons of resists on white and yellow cons, even a few blues. Worst runs had things like a yellow con sarnak resist 6 casts in a row. Not to mention unlike the old AA version, the new one costs mana so it’s eating mana each attempt.

Hopefully they can do something to help. The convenience of having the best version of malo with the magic debuff component is nice, but...

[IMG]
    IblisTheMage and Eaedyilye like this.
  3. Igniz Augur

Well, the idea is nice ... but losing the resist modifier of the old Malo AA HURTS!
    Pls @Devs - reconsider. I'd prefer the old AA unmodified over the new version ...
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  4. Akirrah Journeyman

Same

Getting a crazy amount of resists now

They broke what didn't need fixing

The aa was much better imo
  5. Vizier Augur

Agreed, revert change or remove resists. They meant well but clearly don't test very well (scary).
  6. DaciksBB Augur

Doesn't make sense for a resist debuff to have a bad resist check
  7. Cicelee Augur

The spell in and of itself has always been challenging to land without any additional spells to help it land, such as old fashioned AA malo. The nice thing about the old fashioned one was, as far as group content goes, it generally did enough to be effective. Now because a player has to cast it repeatedly at times for it to land, it makes things worse.

I get what the developers wanted to do. They wanted to be nice and give us a spell version in AA. The problem is that it has backfired, causing unhappiness with the player base who would much rather have a unresistable debuff at a lower resist drop than a spell that lowers resistances by a lot but takes many times to cast.

I played around with it last night in OT. On a rhino it took me 7 times of casting the AA malo just to land it! While it *feels* like I am doing more damage with my spells when the debuff is on (106 rk3), having to take 30 seconds just to get it to land is blah.

And I wish it gave a 2-10% additional damage to fire spells, not just magic spells. Maybe this is the developers way of wanting magicians to use magic spells? I dunno. But I think most everyone who plays would prefer the old AA malo to an AA version of a spell normally only used once on a raid named...
    Igniz and IblisTheMage like this.
  8. GoneFission Augur

This reminds me of an old necro forum discussing the Terris line: A resistable debuff? Why even do that?
  9. Igniz Augur

Yes and no. Mage nukes are pretty dependent on Spell Malo to not get resisted, and Spell Malo *seems* to have been tuned around AA Malo to be cast prior, lest it get resisted. Even with Tash clicky on the mob, the new Malo AA gets resisted at an unhealthily high rate.
    Sancus, kizant and IblisTheMage like this.
  10. Kindred Journeyman

It's an outdated mechanic, remove the need to cast it, few modern games have a mechanic this cumbersome.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

I disagree, debuffing is part of the differentiating complexity of EQ, and it is also a DPS buf... important not to mold EQ after the rest of games, that woulf erode EQs position on the market. Long tail and all that...
    Skewert likes this.