Mal`Deth is Recruiting! Tunare Progression Guild!

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Octavian, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Ishtarrak Journeyman

We are keeping your seat warm! :)
  2. Arkstar New Member

I would love to eventually join this interesting team, but I never seem to see more than 5 of your members online at a time! Even during your raid times. Is there an issue?
  3. Keldaria Elder

Thursday (our last raid night) was kind of a weird day, some were apparently having login issues due to SoE login servers being down part of the night or something along those line. I wasn't on myself due to a personal reason, and we are currently on a temporary hold for official raid nights anyways while we work to gear up some new recruits and get a few more new recruits in the mix before we start the next chapter. So if you're still interested in signing up, drop by the website to put in an app.
  4. Flandersian Augur

If I can find the time, I wouldn't mind throwing in with you fine folks again (erudite cleric in LiP, i don't even need to say a name those are so rare). Always had the itch to see content past DoN if only just for the sake of saying I did.
  5. Ishtarrak Journeyman

Would be great to get you tagged! Former LiP members always welcome! ;)
  6. Gohetsu New Member

This guild still alive by chance?
  7. Octavian Elder

Hello Everyone!

It's been a very long time and I'm looking to open lines of communication to see where all of our old friends are at these days. Would love to reconnect with you all and maybe see what we can get going again long-term with the guild if it comes to that.

Keldaria is working on getting the website - www.maldeth.com - up and running again. In the meantime, feel free to reply to this thread and let everyone know how you've been and what you're up to/if you're still running around Norrath in some form, etc.

I know that things ended very weirdly and unexpectedly. We accomplished a lot together and should all feel very proud of how much content we slaughtered in such a short amount of time. I really had a great time with all of you, raiding and just hanging out getting to know each other. It would be great to hear from you.

Feel free to tell/EQmail me in game too.

-Knightmare/Octavian/Daven
  8. Waldagar Augur

I still have a BST/BRD/MNK waiting for the next chapter in the epic saga...
  9. Wreakin New Member

Hi Octavian & Keldaria!

Wreakin / Dynian here. Strangely enough I was just looking for something like this again. Old friends even better! Let me know what/where you are thinking.
  10. Octavian Elder

Hi, Waldagar and Wreakin! :)

Even though I'm talking to you in game right now on the other monitor, Wreakin, I wanted to reply to this thread too haha

Waldagar, did you have a guilded toon with us? Or are you looking to get involved for the first time with our guild? I'd love to talk with you in game or on our forums, so feel free to make an account on there or shoot me a tell on Knightmare on Tunare

Once we have the leadership filled out with a tough and capable team of officers, we'll open recruitment for general members/raiders. Any classes will be welcome once we open recruitment until the class sections fill up, which did happen last time around.

If you're interested in a leadership role with the guild, whether it be in recruiting, raid leadership, website management, DKP/loot management, mediation/rule enforcement, etc, definitely let me know as soon as possible so the planning process can start sooner rather than later. You can shoot me a tell, message me on here or on the guild forums, or email knightmareEQ@gmail.com - Or if you're waiting to join as a raider, make sure to stay tuned to this thread for updates. Lemme know :)
  11. Octavian Elder

Looks like a revival is in the works, folks! Right now, recruitment is not open for raiders, though if you're interested you should definitely leave a post here or go check out our Guild Charter at www.maldeth.com to see if we're your type of guild.

We are recruiting for leadership roles only, at this time. If you're interested in taking on a leadership role with the guild, message me on here or reply to this thread. Be sure to let me know what kind of role you're interested in (i.e. - Raid Leadership, Recruitment, Website Admin, DKP/Loot, etc). *Returning members may rejoin at any time, even though general recruitment is not yet open.

So excited to start hearing from returning members and can't wait to meet new ones! Let's get this murder machine in motion again!
  12. stinkfyster New Member

Hmm this sounds like fun. I have a 65 zerker in mostly tacvii gear that I would love to xfer over and play with you guys. I know you are just in planning stages but I would love to chat with you guys sometime.
  13. Octavian Elder

Hey, Stink!

If you'd like to transfer over and guild up, that's fine with me! I just wanted to make sure everyone understood that it's going to be a while as we need to set up the leadership and then open recruitment for a while until we've got enough active players to consider raiding.

As for content, I figure we can let the guild decide, perhaps after the leadership narrows down the choices a bit. If you're interested in a leadership position, definitely let me know. You can feel free to message me on here, reply to this thread, or /tell Knightmare or Octavian in-game (If I'm online, I'll almost always be on one of the two toons).

Hope to hear back from you soon! Can't wait to see you swinging a big glowy axe some day ;)

-Knightmare
  14. Octavian Elder

Just updating the thread to let everyone know which Officer roles are still available and which roles are now closed.

OPEN:
    - Raid Leader (Looking for TWO more Raid Leaders)
    - Loot/DKP Officer (Looking for TWO more Loot/DKP Officers)
    - Class Leaders (Looking for Class Leaders for the following classes)
    • Beastlord
    • Berserker
    • Druid
    • Magician
    • Paladin
    • Ranger
    • Rogue
    • Shaman
    • Wizard
    CLOSED:
    - Recruiting Officer
    - Website/Forum Administrator

If you have any questions about open Officer roles, please shoot me a message on here or in game. I'll likely be on either Knightmare or Octavian if I am online. The easiest way to get in touch is probably through PM on the forums here though, or just leave a reply and I'll message you.

Hope to hear from you! General recruiting will begin once Officer roles are filled. We are getting very excited to open recruitment and hope that lots of you are as well. Looking forward to stomping the mid-era raid content in EQ with you fine folks :)

-Octavian/Knightmare
  15. Restores New Member

Just bumping the thread to let everyone know which Officer roles are still available and which roles are now closed.

OPEN:
    - Raid Leader (Looking for TWO more Raid Leaders)
    - Loot/DKP Officer (Looking for TWO more Loot/DKP Officers)
    - Class Leaders (Looking for Class Leaders for the following classes)
    • Beastlord
    • Berserker
    • Druid
    • Magician
    • Paladin
    • Ranger
    • Rogue
    • Shaman
    • Wizard
    CLOSED:
    - Recruiting Officer
    - Website/Forum Administrator

If you have any questions about open Officer roles, please feel free to message me in game Restores or Knightmare/Octavian. You can reply or send a PM as well. Thank you and look forward to hearing from you!
  16. jeskola pheerie

Faq: with all the active progression servers, why should I consider Mal'Deth on a regular server? It appears the number of available progression servers has made this concept a dead end for the time being.
  17. Octavian Elder

Hey Jeskola!,

Thank you very much for asking! This is definitely a good question and we've got some very compelling reasons to choose <Mal`Deth> on Tunare over the other progression servers. Here's what I would want people to consider:

(1) Fully Stocked Bazaar - You'll very rarely have to struggle to find what you're looking for, which is especially nice for players who enjoy working on trade skills. It's nice to always be able to find the potions and items you need and since we're not time-locked, high level characters farm ingredients all the time, which results in you being able to usually find what you need. After playing on the progression servers and then coming back to Tunare, this was something that stood out to me and sealed the deal for me never playing anywhere else again. Now, I know there will soon be a Bazaar on some of the TLP servers, but high level toons can stock a Bazaar much more quickly and consistently than TLP servers. Clearing entire zones on a high level means more loot than a lvl 60 who has to collect it slowly in a group over long stretches of time.

(2) High Level Toons - Since we're not time-locked like the progression servers, toons are able to get to level 105. To be clear, we do not allow out of era toons on raids and our raids are as legit as we can possibly make them for the era of the expansion, but it is nice to be able to farm earlier content for upgrades with our high levels. For example, if the guild starts in Omens of War, we will open up GoD and earlier for what we call "post-farm," which means that high levels and enter GoD and earlier, mass-slaughter, and gear up our raid force to be able to jump into Omens of War ready to go. It's also nice for speeding up questing, farming, ingredient collection, and power-leveling. If you join a progression server, which has level 60 raids, it will take a long time to catch up. On Tunare, you can get to level 70 within a day and you'll be stacked with a full suit of post-farm era raid gear within a week or less and be totally ready for raids.

(3) No Competing Guilds - You know what really kills a good time? Other guilds sniping your targets, sniping your members, and thinning out the recruiting pool to the point of nobody being able to start a new guild or compete in whatever the end-game content is at your level of progression. Know how many other progression guilds exist on Tunare? Zero. We do not have to deal with this kind of problem and the result is that we experience significantly less drama and stress while doing our own thing. Any Officer or GL who has ever run a guild can tell you what a pain it is to deal with, what should be healthy, competition but just becomes toxic these days due to the EQ population dying off over time.

(4) No Time-Locks - Everyone has their favorite expansion. Hell, maybe you even have a few favorites. You shouldn't have to wait for an entire server to decide on what they want before being able to explore as you want to. Since we vote as a guild, it's a much smaller pool where we can all discuss and consider each other's perspectives on the matter and come to a decision which will make everyone feel respected and allow everyone to continue having fun. Being able to move at our own pace is one of the strongest reasons to consider coming to Tunare and signing up for <Mal`Deth> and it's a nice feeling to be able to ask the guild "Well, we've farmed this for a while and it's starting to get kind of boring. You guys think we should open up the next expansion?" The result is that we have a discussion, as a guild, on our forums, and everyone gets to express their views at whatever length they feel properly expresses them, rather than just voting on a poll which may not truly capture how you feel. Maybe you just want certain parts of an expansion open/available, but not the raid content yet. We have the power to decide those kinds of things and TLP never will.

(5) You Don't Have to Leave TLP - Nobody ever said that if you join us on Tunare you have to leave what you're doing on your favorite TLP server. Thankfully, this does not have to be a divisive situation. You can keep your toons on TLP and make a brand spankin' new toon on Tunare. We'll help you get leveled. We'll help you get geared. We'll help you feel right at home! Raid with us, chill with us, explore content with us, and all the while feel free to do the same with another guild on TLP. We will never have a raid attendance minimum for keeping your membership with the guild, so we just hope that you'll have enough fun with us that you'll choose to prioritize with our raids. I'm very confident that we're able to create that kind of environment, which breeds fierce loyalty and fiercer fun. You can have the best of both worlds. Time to have your cake and eat it too.

Hopefully, this answered your question and I'm really glad you asked because this wasn't something I thought about when considering what information I should put out there. It's really good for people to make sound decisions though and hopefully now, with this information, people can do just that.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know and someone will definitely answer you (probably me because I check these forums all the damn time - someone help me). Hope to hear back from you and I hope you'll consider joining our ranks.

Also, to anyone reading, we are still looking for the Officer Roles listed above (just scroll up a few posts). Once we get the missing Raid Leaders, we'll open recruitment to the public. Our Recruiting Officers are ready for the chaos, are you? ;)
  18. Keely Elder

We are so excited to announce that <Mal`Deth> on Tunare is now accepting applications!

We will be starting in the much loved Omens of War expansion but worry not my friends, the leadership team is ready to help with leveling and gear to make the experience enjoyable.

Please visit our website for detailed rules and to apply http://www.maldeth.com/

We look forward to meeting all of the future members.

More news to come soon!
  19. Keldaria Elder

Wow, what a response so far. Only a week or so into open recruitment and already some new faces and dozens of returning faces. In just this short time we're already pushing close to 30 members. At this rate we'll be raiding by January for sure. However while we wait on raiding to begin there is still lots of fun stuff that can be done.

• 1.5 Quests
    • Group MPG Trials
    • Group Content in OOW
    • Signet Quests
    • GoD Quests (BIC /shudder this is fun?)

That having been said, before we can begin raiding we need more than just numbers, we also need to have a few Officer positions filled. Anyone dedicated and wanting to put the time and effort into running a successful guild is welcome to apply. Raid Leaders and DKP Officers are still needed and I think we even might have a Recruitment Officer role that just opened up. Officers are considered to have equal status and say in all guild activities and will operate on a council basis. Please apply in person by joining our forums and sending an officer a private message letting us know you are interested or catch us in game to find out more.

In other news, Post-Farming of the GoD expansion is already starting to take place, congrats to Space for reaping some wicked rewards on some of our first runs. Tunat was very kind to him indeed.

Some very fun times are ahead of us. Last time around it only took us a few weeks to be in Anguish and a few more weeks to topple OMM. Lets see if we can beat our own record.
  20. Keely Elder

Things are going well as we continue to find old members and some new ones too! We are really looking forward to this being a fantastic Everquest experience.

www.maldeth.com