Making Progression Not Required On Release Then REQUIRING It?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HeatherPurrs, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Millianna Augur

This is every reason not to buy RoS.
  2. Millianna Augur

The quest in EQ, was always about character advancement not an actual quest. EQ at it’s core has aways been about killing stuff for loot an experience. It’s never been about forced FedEx quest and looting experience from a chest or a hail. Those are more recent clock blocks.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Umm this was literally the entire TDS expansion...well the running around hailing and turning stuff in part.
  4. Rhayzer TheTrickster Lorekeeper

So, if you are a returning player you are out on your own trying to do progression?
  5. HeatherPurrs Augur

Yes, you do and we all know it!
  6. ojier Lorekeeper

First I heard of this, and I don't like it. As for leaving me behind if I don't do progression, I will find something that I want to do. I also have the right to vote with my wallet - and if left behind as you say, I am sure that I can gain satisfaction by not buying stuff. It's the little things that count....
    Azbaelus likes this.
  7. segap Augur

I do all those things on my main that I raid. Then when I'm done with all the tedious crap that progression is, I have a big sigh of relief, park my main except for raids and actually have fun doing things I enjoy on alts. Alts that don't raid and don't need to be maxed in every way to be effective in group content (content that I've frequently complained is too easy). Taking parts of the expansion away from them and making gearing them up more difficult if they happen to have passed on T2 visibles because they either got items from Seb HH or got lucky and got TBM raid rots takes fun away. The fun that keeps me actually playing and paying year round.

Some people need to take this in context and/or perspective. Things that are important from a min/max point of view are not necessarily important for playing and enjoying the game. Shrinking the game even further on people that don't enjoy those tasks gives them less reason to play. There's already rewards as Brohg and others have pointed out for doing progression. Making it a further gating mechanism in a follow up expansion beyond not having said rewards has no real benefit.

It's also going to create more of a barrier for returning players and for lower tier guilds trying to recruit people that haven't raided much to help fill their shrinking ranks. If you can get such people raiding and actively participating with folks in the guild, the game becomes sticky and they eventually slog through all the old stuff. If they need to get stuff done before they can participate, they're far more likely to give up and stop logging in.
  8. Xnao Augur

This is not the thread you are looking for. This is the handout thread.
    Brohg likes this.
  9. HeatherPurrs Augur

Naw. If they wanted progression for RoS zones and gear that progression should be in RoS. I'm certainly not asking for a handout. I'm asking for the basic gameplay we paid for in a new expansion to actually be in that expansion.
  10. Restac Journeyman

It would make more sense to people if DB called it what it was.. EOK part 2, instead of playing it off as a completely new xpac when its really more of a continuation of EoK. That being said it makes sense that the raids work the way they do, since in essence they're T4 EoK raids. Not T1 RoS, since RoS isn't its own xpac.
    That and what have ya'll been doing for the last 10 months if not working on progression? If I'm in a newer zone I'm doing something. Questing or camping a named or something besides just grinding xp.
  11. HeatherPurrs Augur

My girlfriend.
    Porm and Reval like this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

She should be working on progression, too. Unless you are a month overdue on that...
  13. HeatherPurrs Augur

Oh, she's got a HUGE body count. Let me tell you!
  14. NeverPayForLag Augur

really...? Then nobody needed Epic, PoP-Flags, God-Progression for Augs, yada yada...

As long as the missions are not needed in EoK this wouldn't be a so big problem.
    But leveling first in EoK/TBM up to 110 sounds a bit odd....
  15. HeatherPurrs Augur

I've never needed my epics. I've never needed yada yada either. Homer.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Sissruukk Rogue One

But no one is denying you access...They are just saying you have to do a little bit of work on your end to get to it. As previously posted elsewhere, if all you want to do is go grind in a zone, xp, and such, then just avoid Gorowyn and doing missions. Most Kar'Zok are in Gorowyn and in missions. And if you are going to complain about doing not being able to do missions in RoS...then why haven't you done them in EoK?

With my play schedule, and the group I have done this with and their schedule, we are going to be done with EoK progression in a week and a half, and that is WITHOUT doing it every night. We started last week, and last night started on Kor Labs. We expect to be done with that tomorrow night because of some people being off game tonight in the group.

A week and a half. Hit 25K AA (which is more than enough for a rogue), stacking on Heroic Vitality, Fortitude, and the other one, getting augs I have needed. If anything, this experience has improved my toon, and has improved my game play significantly, more so than just sitting and waiting on a named to spawn.
    Cicelee, Warpeace and Khat_Nip like this.
  17. dinozo_povar Journeyman

Hate when a RPG makes you help out npc's by getting yourself into dangerous situations.
    Rolaque, Tour and Brohg like this.
  18. Reval Augur

19. Endless Augur

It's like EoK and RoS is one expansion we paid for twice. Why does RoS requiring anything from a separate expansion released last year at full price?

No, this is not how it's been since before Kunark. Sure, you had to progress through Kunark, but you didn't need anything from before Kunark.

I don't really care, I can get all that done. But no, this is not how it's always been. It just hammers home EoK/RoS.....same expansion and we paid double.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. Millianna Augur

Very well written and thought out post.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Porm like this.