Making Progression Not Required On Release Then REQUIRING It?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HeatherPurrs, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I could understand this if they hadn't given us a level increase.

They want to keep the previous content relevent, but why at level 110 would I want to be playing in zones aimed at level 105.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

woot, so you found a post where he mentioned that he is casual and uses the word "raid". omg.
    But can you read?
    What he says there is NOT that you "have to raid to do it", but that
    "if you do not raid it takes significantly longer" and "is significantly harder" - especially when you are constrained as i pointed out in my posts above.

Sorry, Sissruukk seems i am done with you.
    I cannot stand your ignorance just because you want to "prove" something that simply isn't true.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

Sorry Zhaunil, I am not going to take English comprehension lessons from you.

You have devolved into making personal attacks on me as well, the second person to do so on this thread. Both of you on the same side of the argument. What gives with the hostility of your side?
  5. Bobsmith Augur

“Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.”
    Belexes and gotwar like this.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Handy Guide for the Confused

Can I zone into RoS without EoK Progression? Yes
    Can I start RoS Progression without EoK Progression? Yes
    Can I kill KarZok's without EoK Progression? Yes, but it will be harder

Why are there KarZok's in RoS, aren't they EoK mobs? Both expansions are part of the same theme
    So avoiding the KarZok debuff is the only reason to do EoK Progression for RoS? Yes
  7. Bobsmith Augur

But they are forcing me to do it... rabble grr rabble grr grr rabble
    Caell likes this.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Also leads to no progression being completed.
    Belexes likes this.
  9. Xnao Augur

Your would be good to think of them as religious extremists. No logic or reasoning.

So these mythical newbies you guys keep mentioning. If they are willing to endure what it takes to get themselves started in the game or anywhere close to current, what is one more questline?
    Caell likes this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Historically, getting to max level, buying some bazaar gear and complete the current expansions progression was enough to catch up, soon you will need 2 expansions worth of progression.
    I don't think that is good design.
    A lot of people really wants a level 100 heroic char for the same reason: To shorten "catch-up time". EoK progression is a very long questline, it will probably add 2 extra weeks to the already long "catch-up time".
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Duhbeast Augur

so let me get this straight. There are people out there that want to progress in the game, without progressing in the game?

[IMG]
    Belexes likes this.
  12. Xnao Augur

Yes, since they started the participation trophy shenanigans.

Are you new here?
  13. Warpeace Augur

Dear Daybreak,

Please give me everything everyone else has worked so hard to achieve. I know I have done the bare minimum, well barely even that, but I deserve the good stuff like everyone else for reasons.

P.S.
    Can you please sell Heroic level 110 raid gear and fully AA'd toons for Christmas 2017, that would be super special.

Thank you in advance
    Player X
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A lot of peoples main focus when returning to the game is to quickly catch up to the main population and progress together with the rest of the server in a guild. The ambitious ones might progress in older expansion molo/boxing once they have caught up.
    But Im really glad I was allowed to raid in TBM and EOK with my guild when I returned after a looong break, once I had decent stats. I would probably not play this game if there was a requirement to beat, say CotF and TdS before being able to raid in TBM.

:)
    Yinla and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  15. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

true. and in many guilds, there are plenty of people that will help an even semi-motivated player to catch up on group progression.

if by "ambitious" you mean "wants to even come close to maximizing the potential of their character" then yes... yes they will.
    Jumbur likes this.
  16. The real Sandaormo Augur

If you want to progress into RoS and you haven't beaten the EoK, just guild hop and leave your friends.
    Whats the problem?
  17. Metanis Bad Company

This thread and the 16 before it have been more entertaining than actually playing the game. I don't bother reading it but there's a certain satisfaction scrolling fast, stopping at random, reading a few lines and realizing that yes, you've read that point 53 times before.
    Sancus and Bobsmith like this.
  18. Bobsmith Augur

Yet another post I can't like twice.....why dbg why? Make Norrath , free progression for the entitled and double like buttons on the forum!!!!!
  19. ptah Augur

I suppose I am a 1% er. This Linear progression is something I am looking forward too. Between missing TBM and Eok I will have some progressing too do. Many of zones and missions to enjoy. Hell I have found some support from others and I am not in game yet. Sure I plan to 3 box but if I happen to met others we will team up. Its not like repeating gribble #2 for the X amount of times is what I seek for fun. So if adventuring thru a progression line from Eok leads to more adventuring in RoS im game. I want things to do in game.. sounds like I have a list of things. And if I was current, I fear I would have less to do perhaps unhappy about limited options for play. Overall I happy and looking forward to the adventure :)
    Belexes likes this.
  20. Zhaunil_AB Augur

In order not to derail this any further, i sent you a PM to answer this.