Making a if:then command in game

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Cicelee Augur

Not sure if thread title is accurate, sorry. Here is scenario -

4 magicians on a raid. All four of us in our own created chat channel. I cast alliance. After a brief period of time the alliance fires and does the 2 million damage. I then type in the channel Fade so that the next magician casts alliance.

What I would like is when I get the message of the fulmination, that a Fade chat channel line happens instantaneously, instead of me typing it/hitting a hotkey with /3 Alliance fade.

Is there any way possible for this to happen? Or do I continue to use eyes/audio triggers and type/hit hotkey for fade? Thanks in advance...
  2. ~Mills~ Augur

If Mage then reroll! Solves this problem.
    Nolrog likes this.
  3. Nniki Augur

Seems easy enough to cover that scenario with triggers:

ON: Target becomes the target of a firebound alliance.
    OFF: Target's firebound alliance is fulfilled.
    svann likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

When you say "triggers" do you mean in-game audio triggers? or is there some on/off-macro command?

Can you expand on how to do this? :confused:
  5. Leigo You come here often?

there's always gina
    Allayna and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

I must be miscommunicating. I do that at times.

I know about audio triggers. I am not asking how to make an audio trigger. I also know how to make a hotkey that says /3 Alliance fade (where 3 is the channel number of the magician channel).

I am asking if there is a way, in game, where once the alliance fades in game (where I get the message on screen for 2 million damage and it triggers the gina/audio trigger) that it automatically sends a message to the chat channel that alliance fades? So that I do not have to hit a hotkey. I do not believe that is possible, but I do not know 100% of all the commands and code and other stuff...
  7. Skeetari Lorekeeper

No, EQ does not support that.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Are you saying you can have conditionals in macros in Gina?
    Or have Gina issuing commands to the EQ-client?

I thought Gina was only about video overlays and timers?

I haven't tried Gina, but isn't that considered a "grey" area to have conditionals? considering DBG haven't included it in the game yet?

Can you also have Gina activate ingame abilities like evac when your hitpoints gets too low?

or is it only about presenting warnings to the user on the screen, based on stuff accessible through the /log-command?

There is nothing about Gina interacting with the EQ-client hinted here... http://eq.gimasoft.com/gina/ :confused: ?
  9. Nniki Augur

In-game audio triggers or GINA audio/text triggers should be more than sufficient if everyone on that mage team sets them up. Requiring someone to message a channel seems unnecessary if everyone is already receiving the message that the fulmination occurred.

GINA only displays messages on the screen or provides audio in response to text written to the log file. It does allow you to set clipboard text for triggers too.

An if-then routine to fulfill the above request would need to be super restrictive; otherwise, it would be open to all kinds of automation abuse.
    Jumbur likes this.
  10. svann Augur

You could make a trigger that shows you when it fulminates. Then walk the other mages through how to make that trigger.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

I have a Gina set up for fulmination, saying out loud fulmination. I also have a Gina that says when I cast it.

To have an optimal rotation between mages 1-4, I guess Gina could say:

Eebleez (that is what I tell Gina my main’s name is) Alliance
    Fulmination
    Cicele Alliance
    Fulmination
    Sancusjr Alliance
    Fulmination

Etc etc
    So the mages in the rotation need to remember their spot in the rotation, so to keep it flowing.

It should render about 40 dps pr mage in rotation, probably maxing out at 4...?

Any help?
  12. Brohg Augur

40k*

more magicians fulminate faster. so up to like 10 should be able to use it if they're all super on the ball (and ignoring Chaotic refreshes)
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

That would be a cool video.
  14. Allayna Augur

...Or just share the trigger you make with them.
  15. svann Augur

either or. imo everyone should learn how to make triggers
  16. Blitter Elder

Even if you could automatically do it, why would you?. You are capturing an Alliance is fulfilled and basically passing it on to another channel. Get your lazy mages to make the same audio trigger you are capturing it on.
  17. Critts Augur

Make an audio or Gina trigger and share it with the other mages so you will all hear when the mob is hit.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Gina/Audio triggers can catch things for us (depending on where devs put text or if it even shows up on our screen when it should). We shouldn't be asking them to automate things for us.

Playing well in a raid is about paying attention, knowledge, and coordinating. (on top of the obvious know your class somewhat)

But assuming gear is similar, paying attention seems to be the biggest challenge on some casual raids I play with. I don't want daybreak to be fixing things so people can youtube while we're raiding.
  19. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I'd like to point out that triggers like that only work for others if you have other player's spells on. Not everyone has them turned on for lag reasons, *especially* on raids.

I had to make a trigger for when my rogues hit theirs and announced in channel. =\ It's the only way for me to get a timer for them.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  20. IblisTheMage Augur

Good point, probably the context that I and maybe others where not aware off.

Legit helping programs cannot inject data directly into a chat channel.

I guess it would be possible to make a piece of software that monitors the log files, and conditionally send a key press to the game, but it is probably on the wrong side of automation.

I remember that there was a period where some form of scripting language was launched in the game, and later removed, because people used it to build automation.

My gut feeling is that the dev team would be opposed to go down that road again, but if something very contained and controlled was possible, then who knows. Maybe it is something different that could solve it, like the creation of a new filter, so that others casts are turned of, but specific individuals casts are turned back on