make (some) DoN quest items temporary

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Randomwarclrth, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Randomwarclrth New Member

There are a lot of DoN quests that have you collect X items. These trigger when you loot them and update and the quest automatically completes when you have all you need. There's no need to turn in these items at the end, the quest is just over.

Make these items temporary.
  2. Talis New Member

just make them vendorable.
  3. uberkingkong Augur

4. Brildon Augur

Unless they make them worth vendoring (ie 1pp+ per at least), i think most would favor temporary over a stack of quest items that sell at 1c. But either or would be pleasant.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Or just use modern code and the items don't drop at all unless someone in the group is on that step of the quest.
  6. Brildon Augur

I think people would be fine with any solution, the thing is even if you are on that step, you don't always do anything with the item afterwards which is where the temporary/sellable would come in. There is a mission that has you collect 15 scales, but then the turn in only accepts 1. There is other missions that I believe you don't even turn any of the items you need to collect.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Also a bunch of COTF HAs have you loot items that are never used.

I want a metakey combo to google (or bing) "Everquest " + ItemName so I can quickly check the items in my inventory as safe to destroy.
    Stymie likes this.
  8. Nolrog Augur

I really like this idea. I have a ton of quest items from running the faction quests that are useless beyond have to loot them for the quest itself.