Make Poison Questions - Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ketzerei84, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Ketzerei84 Elder

What's the recipe set we're using these days? I know spell research uses all new recipes. Smithing uses mostly old recipes. Where did we fall with make poison for TLP? If we're talking old recipes(pre-revamp) when does this change on TLP?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Basically no changes, afaik even the classic recipes remain viable combines forever, there's just no reason TO make them, outside of a few that are needed for your epic 1.5/2.0 quests.

Rog poisons do basically nothing until you get to the level 85 era at which point the Graded components start dropping and you can make poisons actually worth using.
    Skuz and Machen like this.
  3. Silver-Crow Augur

The Planar poisons in Pop are semi worth doing for a minor gains, as they apply as a short duration buff, rather than just being one hit and gone like the old poisons. If you're going to do that however it's also worth doing your grandmaster assassin's seal, so you combine 10 doses into a stack and get your advanced poison vials back. Of course making/getting advanced poison vials is a complete pain unless you know someone with tinkering.

It really depends how much spare time and PP you have. The poisons won't make you a god or let you compete with monk dps, but it does give you something to do.
  4. Ketzerei84 Elder

So the planar combines are in, and probably the vendor in echo caverns has everything I need to reach 250 and start working mind melt...
  5. Machen New Member

They are chain resisted on most raid content in those eras and mostly just useful for getting you killed faster. They do boost dps a little in group content. If you want to take advantage of that, it's worth getting the gloves from the mistmoore ldon raid that will summon the same poisons you can make, for free. Much better than actually making the poisons yourself until 85.
  6. Hirbow Augur

Please do not listen to the above poster he replies to every single thread always talking out of his

Bane of Shissars and Oozing irritation which are used in Luclin , POP add a significant 2-4k damage per medium length fights . Oozing irritation has a negative resist check and it lands almost all the time
  7. Kodachi Augur

Rage of incapacitation must be good because the time dagger procs it and the DoN mask clicks it!
  8. Ketzerei84 Elder

Just wanted to know the recipe status with how TLP is.... hit or miss on recipes. Old hand at rogue, so I know they're utility not godmode :p Thanks for the info :)
  9. Aziuno Augur

My experience on Phinny for RAID MOBS was the same as Machen, i spent tons of time getting the skill up to only have it resist on raids.

The real dps poisons were those sick out of era ones, and even those got resisted on raid bosses 60% of the time.